Guest viewing is limited

THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandpiper, I feel your stress and anxiety. I am fearful for you. Bottom line, you have to do what's best for your health. I would recommend part time work if you can arrange that. Your days are hard enough for a perfectly healthy person without throwing in a THR. I guess I would ask myself, what is most important to me? Is the work worth the risk? I also will ask you this... how would you advise your best friend to solve this dilemma? Be your own best friend and guide yourself accordingly. Sometimes we "people pleasers" have to do what's uncomfortable to us, and put us first. How's that for some hard and friendly advice??? :whistle:

Nancy
 
Meggzie I guess it will depend on what my GP recommends. I won't go back until I get the full ho ahead from either the OS or the GP. It's not worth it. My recovery comes first at this point. I can't risk that. A friend had a partial knee replacement and came back to work after 8 weeks and suffered! She was in a good deal of pain and had to constantly ice her knee and she only works 7 1/2 hrs a day as opposed to my 11 1/2 hrs. I think I'll need the full 12 weeks. I'm focusing on me for the first time in my life. Gotta do what's best for me and you know...it actually feels pretty good! Ha! :egypdance:
 
nmay51 you are soooo right! And after reading your post I gave myself a good talking to! What you said about how I would advise a friend hit home! I KNOW I'd be telling you, and anyone else here or that I know to put the job second and concentrate on the recovery first! I just can't ( and won't ) risk my recovery. I have come so far from the point of barely being able to walk that I want this to go right! I ran a few errands today and had to drive short distances but several times. I wasn't very comfortable in the car and had some groin and butt discomfort so it made me realize I 'm not ready to being driving sn hr to work doing 70 on the highway! My stamina also isn't there 100 % yet.I get tired but then for some reason I can't fall asleep at night. I'm up til all hrs. Don't know why. I'm not in pain and I'm tired from the days activities but I just can't fall asleep. Do you have that problem or is it just me? Don't know what that's about! I also still get the headaches. Not every day but often enough. I take the tylenol or advil for the headaches, not even the hip! Lol. Well....I guess I'll go to bed now and hope for some sleep. Off to PT tomorrow. Thanks Nancy for listening and your good advice! You too Meggzie ! Sorry to have highjacked your thread'!!!
 
To my dear hippie twin, nmay51, Poppet, LeeApril26, randy62, Warhorse, Jojool, ByGosh,horsecrazy, Meggzie, SanDiegoHippy, Musicteacher, nmscienceteacher, Shadow09, zauberflöte, bottomshollow, BlueSkylark, BeckyR, Littlejem, Butterfly, didoan, flowergirl, Jaycey, sharonslp, Josephine, and anyone else I may have missed...and if I did miss someone it was NOT intentional!!! Please join me on this lovely outdoor patio for a glass of wine, spot of tea, sip of beer...shot of Tequila.... :happydance: and let's all raise a glass to each and every one of us for the great recovery strides we have made and the friendships we have gained! To us...to the end of those long painful days and sleepless nights, to the end of feeling less productive than we were meant to be, yo the end of the loss of ability to enjoy even the simplest tasks, and to new life, new beginnings, renewed spirits, and regained zest for life! To US! We did it! Scary as it was, we did it and sometimes you just have to " go through...." to get to the other side! And through we went! We made it!!! :cheers: :beer: :cheers2: Thanks to all of you. I made it through because of all of you!
:thankyou:
 
sandpiper what lovely sentiments which we will all agree on!! Here's to many more wonderful 'pain free' days, 'She raises her cup of tea to toast the occasion', well it is only 7:30 in the morning here!! :)
 
Well I am from Wisconsin and we say it is 12 thirsty somewhere, tipping a scotch.
 
Thank goodness it is Friday... Missed all my peeps :)

Might have a little tipple myself and join you... with a bottle imported down under from the UK....

Rochester Ginger, a non alcoholic ginger drink with the kick of two very angry mules. It’s a trip down memory lane, how a ginger drink should taste without the need for alcohol. Rochester Ginger is a distinctly different drink that satisfies a discerning palette. Smooth, clean and crisp, with a satisfying kick that lingers.... and it has health benefits..... contains immune boosting natural ingredients of 14% raw ginger pressed, elderflower, cowslip and raisins.....
 
Poppet Wow! That sounds delicious!!!! Where can U get some or is it not available where I live, in Pa in the US?
 
Raising my cup of coffee to you, Sandpiper. Be careful.....when I was at this stage of recovery with my first hip, I embarked on a whole new life-changing educational pathway. But that is what it's all about.....making things better often means making things different. (And vice versa) It's not usually a smooth path....frequent detours to work out the kinks....but if you always put one foot in front of the other, you always get somewhere!

:)

Sharon
 
sandpiper and all my great BS friends, :cheers: :martini: :cheers2: :beer: :yes!: CHEERS!!!! Happy Friday everyone! sandpiper, what a wonderful post! It definitely reflects my sentiments today. I've had such a fabulous day and the day continues to improve. I went to the gym, I did several machines, ever so slowly, but I did it! I'll pull up a rocker, and sit a spell on the beautiful porch! Thanks!

Nancy
 
sandpiper I just toasted you with a nice glass of Bell's Brewery "Oberon", it is a nice summer wheat ale, brewed here in Michigan.

Yes, we have all come a long way on this journey so far. Cheers to all of my fellow "Bonesmarty" friends.
 
Warhorse just FYI...your recovery story was a huge inspiration to me in my days awaiting my own surgery. :thankyou: nmay51 well... What can I say.... U r my hippie twin! My very first thought in the recovery room was that I had much less pain and my second thought was that like me..... At the end of the day it would all be behind us. I felt like we went on the journey together. sharonslp. Wise words! Thank you! Poppet. I want some of that ginger drink!!! randy62 I love the saying!!! Enjoy that scotch! Littlejem. Tea is probably best at 7:30 am ! Ha!
Happy Friday all!!!
 
sandpiper, not sure honey.. Maybe google it for availability in your area.. It is imported to OZ from Rochester in the UK :)
 
zauberflöte. How have you been? I haven't been getting my alerts so I've missed everyone's updates! Every now and again I have noticed that happens. No alerts! I have to go back in and manually re:set my preferences. Tell me what's new with you! Are you doing ok? To all of my BS friends...Poppet , Warhorse , Meggzie , horsecrazy , sharonslp, flowergirl , LeeApril26 , BeckyR , randy62 ,Littlejem , nmay51 , ByGosh ,Shadow09 , Jojool , and anyone else I may have unintentionally missed.... I hope all goes well with you , my Bone Smartie buddies! My recovery continues to move forward in the right direction. I feel great and over and over again I find myself amazed at how uneventful this entire experience has been. My PT keeps reminding me that not so long ago I had major surgery and that my body has been cut open down to the bone , my femur ball sawed off, my thigh drilled and hammered into....(lol she's quite graphic in her description! ) and several layers of muscle, tendons , etc. sewn back together. I believe her angle is to keep me aware of the healing that is still happening on the inside in spite of how good I feel on the outside! I feel truly blessed to be doing so well! When you live with excruciating pain round the clock and suddenly it's gone the difference seems almost surreal! I don't think I believed it possible to feel " normal " again! I used to watch my neighbor across the street walking around her house watering her plants and think " wow! How wonderful it would be to be able to do that!" And now....it's just a normal uneventful task. The difference now is that I no longer take it for granted! Life is so good these days! My wish for all of you is that you feel just as great and that your recoveries are going just as well
If not better! You all deserve it! ByGosh I do hope there is good news from you. I'm heading over to your recovery site now to see how you are my friend. Hopefully I'll find that you are improving!!!Take care everyone :angel: !
 
sandpiper. Great news that you are doing so well. Your PT seems effective, if way too graphic :gaah: You should listen to her.
I was feeling really good last week, and did way too much since Saturday. I now have two sore hips and really painful knees. So in a couple of months when you are feeling really energetic, take a deep breath and don't overdo it.
 
LeeApril26. Good advice! I'll remember to not get too overzealous! Hopefully your two sore hips are feeling better! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom