TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG the Miralax reminded me of how constipated I was when I was on my meds regularly about a month after surgery. Eesh! Then my mom told me to take magnesium and boy did it help! She brought over these honking sized magnesium pills and I took one twice a day and it really helped. Constipation is miserable, especially since its on top of the knee replacement pain.

May I give some kuddos here to my hubby? He has really been awesome. It's gotten to be harder these days since he's been horribly sick with a cold but all in all he's been incredible. I'm lucky he's a good cook!

I hope you're feeling better sad knee.
 
Enjoy your movie we are watching American Idol. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!!!
Chat with you tomorrow
Cathy
 
Hi Sadknee, hope you feel better in the next few days. Its hard to be going through these emotional issues with your husband while you are so early on in your recovery. Men can be so stupid sometimes. At the times you need them most they disappear. Kids you can sort of forgive because all they think of is themselves. I was very lucky to have my two daughters look after me in the first few weeks otherwise left to my hubby I would have starved to death. I was upstairs in my room most of the time so was nearer the bathroom. It was difficult doing stairs with crutches too many times a day. Out of sight out of mind rings true. Had to holler for my cups of tea to keep me going. Hopefully as you say sad knee will be smiling soon. :egypdance: :happydance: :yahoo:
 
Hi Sadknee so sorry to hear about your family difficulties it sounds as if you've got a reasonable sort of arrangement going on, but it must be hard for you.

My little thought was - when my dad got sick wirh alzeihimers(?) I just couldn't cope with it and I stopped seeing him (long, long story) but the rest of the family understood (his wife, not my mother, didn't) fortunately for everybody it only lasted for 18 months before he got an infection and died. My point is that sometimes people who love people can't cope with seeing them ill/in recovery and they need a little space to deal with it. Sounds as if you OH has the space & might be coping better. Other times they are just insensitive dopes that need a huge wack on the rear end & told to man up & get on with it like we're doing. You've had an awful lot thrown at you recently and it sounds as if you are coping INCREDIBLY well.

You will get there with the knee, just take it steady, one day at a time.

Huge hugs, always here to listen.:console2:

H xx
 
Hi SadKnee...I 'm so sorry your domestic situation is rough definitely not what you need right now. It's interesting how some people lose 'the plot' in these sort of stressful situations. A few years back our son was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma which required a lot very aggressive treatment. at that time his wife 'lost the plot' and just stopped functioning as wife and mother...she just couldn't cope it was very difficult for us as we live 500klms away but through Gods grace we managed and our son is a survivor. Shame at that time we didn't have a motorhome we could have packed our daughter in law off so she didn't add to the everyday stress.
 
Oops wanted to add a smiley and posted instead :egypdance: . You are a brave woman Sadknee and I hope you can feel the love and support yu have from your extended BS family.

PS. Yep our son is a survivor and so is his marriage, we just learned a little more about the frailty of human nature and how complex we all are. But the key person is YOU and everyone else just has to deal with their own issues.

Take it easy...you are never alone :friends: :angel: :flwrysmile:
 
SadKnee, I am so so sorry about the treatment you have had. I would have thrown the water at them when it finally came. I had a little problem like you are one time and I was under the impression the nurses did not have a chart to go by. I have a high pain threshold and when the doc came in the morning and asked how I was I said "Ask then" sorry I am a polite person but was also in pain. I asked why is it when I do ring for pain relief I am treated like druggie. I asked My OS the following morning to get a pain management Specialist on my case and I asked him to PLEASE make sure pain meds are given when I ask. I am not asking for nothing. This sorted it all out. :)
I am deeply sorry you are having this problem and yes ask to see you OS & explain it all to him firmly even tho you will probably be in tears better still get your husband there with you. I know mind always gets things done. Gentle hugs coming your way :friends: :kittykiss:Hope things get better ASAP :flwrysmile: :angel:
 
SadKnee,
When they do the night hand over make your loud and clear and how you have been treated the night previously. Talk to a nice day time change nurse and ask them to make sure you are not treated like that ever again.

What you need now is support, and pain relief to get you through the early stages. Get your husband to talk with them let them know you heard them talking when you called them. Just not good enough. Warm Gentle hugs coming your way.:angel:
 
How are you today? How is your pain? I went out to lunch with a friend and boy am I sore now. There wasn't a very good place to put my knee up so it hung most of the time. Good for PT though. Is your hubby coming home this weekend?
Cathy
 
Hi Cathy, yesterday was a good day :). It was a warm sunny day ad it felt good to be outside for a bit.

My pain was down but I stayed on top of my meds. I went to see my OS (hour drive each way) and noticed it was difficult to get and out of the car. I need to work on that. Saw my OS after a 2 hour wait. Good thing he is worth the wait. He said I am doing well. Gave me a prescription for Ambien and Ativan (not sure I need these) and antibiotics for the UTI I think I might have gotten from the catheter. Doctor was happy I was wearing my compression hose but said my legs were more swollen than they should be I guess. I have always had the tendency to retain water so I am not sure. He released me to start water therapy if I like. I ordered some Kelo-Cote silicon scar reducer for my incision which I think is looking pretty good.

Had a delicious lunch .... very uncomfortable at the restaurant .... came home did my physical therapy. It was nice to get out of the house but exhausting.

Husband was pleasant and helpful today but he went back to the motorhome after everything was done today. I can only worry about ME so not dwelling on anything that I don't have control of.

I am glad you had a NICE day! Anything new with your knee?
 
Hi Vickie,
Glad you had a good day! Sorry ur hubby is still staying in the motor home. It was warm and sunny yesterday I live in Ventira and it was 86! It is already warm out this am at 630. I went to lunch also and my knee was pretty uncomfortable too. I am trying to get more bend in it by sitting in a chair and moving forward with knee bend. Seems to be easier that way. I take Ativan at night to,sleep and for anxiety that I got when my mom had ALS and I started menopause. I have tried Ambien and I end up staying up all night using that. Tried 3 times and each time I couldn't sleep and when I did it was a really light sleep.
I think I am going to try and do the bike at the gym today! And maybe get my toes done have to see how I feel. What are you doing today? Are,you kids home? How old is your son?
Cathy
 
Hi Vicki
It's so nice to hear you have been out and about, hey I know what you mean about getting in and out of the car...might sound a bit weird but I have a plastic garbage bag on my seat which I sit on...it helps me to turn my body when I'm getting in or out of the car...cheap and effective.
 
I have had issues getting in and out depending on how high the car is. I am sure I look like a dork!
 
It doesn't matter what you look like as long as you get there :egypdance: . It would be nice to just get out ...we have been having lousy weather torrential rain and flooding (not that it has directly affected us) for it seems like months. Not unusual for Oz in the summertime but it does not create good travelling experinces..better to stay off the roads when it is like this. :groan:
But like all weather patterns it will pass and I'm looking forward to an outing to the beach...I'd love to go for a little beachwalk...something I have not been able to enjoy for a while...maybe even a paddle in the surf (hahahha..now that would be a sight as I think i would need a strong arm close by as the walking stick would be pretty useless in the soft sand...oh well nothing wrong with a bit of fantasy at 3.45am. :spin:
For some silly reason I have an ache in my shin..of all places..trying a bit of light massage if it releases maybe I can go back to sleep... :mcoffee: :sleep:
 
I have aches in my calf and shins all the time. We need rain so badly here it is going to be a bad fire season if we get the east winds. Walking stick in the sand will not work. My hubby wanted to go for a walk on beach. I said oh yea me and my walker in the sand that will not work not to mention the uneven ground on my knee. Hope you get some sleep. I found muscle relaxers help with some of the aches and pains.
Cathy
 
Thanks Cathy I think when the weather clears I might have to just go look...just even sitting out on the headland is nice ..the sounds and the smells all seem to give the body a lift. :SUNsmile: Just after Christmas we took our elderly Mum down to the beach so she could watch the great grandchildren playing in the surf (she is in a wheel chair)..we thought from a spot near the surf club she would be able to see them however the patrolled swimming area was set slightly out of sight. just as we were turning to go back to our car a local lifesaver stopped us, he went and got their beach wheel chair...a magnificent piece of 4x4 gear. It had massive blown up rubber tyres and a leg extension platform at the front...Mum was thrilled as she hadn't been that close to the water for years. She declined his invitation to be taken into the shallow water for a bit of a splash...no problems in the sand at all. Amazing technology out there and she got to watch the fun and rub her toes in the sand. :dancy:
I pray your summer does not bring bushfires, they also are terrible to deal with. Just had a few hours nice sleep almost time for morning meds...have a good day. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
:goodpost: What a lovely story about your Mum. And how considerate of the lifeguard. People these days dont seem to have the time to put themselves out so that was really good of him and something your Mum will always remember :flwrysmile:
 
Gami,

How lovely your mum got to go to the beach and in a very trendy vehicle... bet there was some spunky lifesavers to. :) Gami we do not go to the beach that much but that is all I have wanted to do just sot there and fed the seagulls and take some pics. :friends: Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :angel:
 
Hi Chinook...yes there was a full patrol on duty and lots of families enjoying the great outdoors, just one of those special moments. Still no sunshine for us...the weeds are growing higher but nothing can be done about that. My weekend was lightened by a visit from a young couple who came for a visit...I knew they were coming and managed to get a sleep in before they arrived so handled the time they spent with us without feeling too tired.
It was as good as an outing as they brought their happy smiling faces and loads of funny stories relating to their life in the city...time flew by...still raining but it didn't matter.
They were a little distressed when they saw my knee when hubby changed my slushies but we managed to make some light hearted jokes about it so they settled down and it finished up a good day. :cheers: Take care chat soon
 
Gami,
How nice that your mom is enjoying her great grandkids! And got to play in the sand while she was at it.. That is nice that you had some young nice visitors! I just looked outside and we are having some sprinkles! I am sure they won't last long..
Good night
Cathy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom