Guest viewing is limited

MUA RTKR Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from PT, had a new person that I have never used..she was good..My measurement was 83...Im not very concerned about it because on the knee press machine I was able to go with a bit more resistance and had a deeper bend, the deepest so far...Still cannot go all the way around on the bike, but my half peddles are getting faster..The hubby went with me and he was happy on the progress...My knee isn't hurting very much, but the thigh and hip were screaming...PT said my muscles are very tight...Overall I am very happy, I am glad that I made the decision to have the MUA...Back on pain meds every 4 hours but now I know how to taper off of them, not going thru that **** again! Thank you everyone for the good wishes and thoughts!
 
Laura your positive attitude will do wonders on bringing your ROM up... well done you!!
 
After reading the past few posts, I have to commend you on a powerful statement to your inner strength. I had a friend who had to have an MUA and I know he was much happier within just a few visits to PT after the procedure. I hope you continue finding relief and steady improvement as you continue your journey. I have attached a "get better soon" image which I took a couple of weeks ago from my front yard at sunset. Have a great, restful day.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] RTKR Done!
    ttY9A2154.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 129
Had PT today with a different person and it went well...he spent more time massaging the knee and leg than the other PT's...he showed my hubby how to help me do ROM exercises as well....he measured me in the beginning of the session and it was 75...at the end of the session it was 90!!!!!! First time ever! I can tell a difference in my knee since the MUA on Monday..I no longer have the "stuck" feeling going across my knee, now I just have some muscle type pain..I am back on the pain meds every 4 hours. I also have noticed that about a 1/2 hour after taking the Oxy I get really itchy and I have had a rash since the MUA..I wonder if I have an allergy to the Oxy....I didn't have the rash when I took it after the TKR..but then again I have a LOT of inflammation in my body, and get rashes pretty easy....taking benedryl with the Oxy..PT again tomorrow so will report back then...I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and this time its NOT the train light!
 
@Spencieca, I've not been on here for awhile and it looks like I missed all your excitement. Sorry about the MUS, but it sounds like you are on the right path to healing. Wishing you continued progress with less pain and more ROM.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Laura the massage is wonderful. That is what my last PT did she would hold my ankle and gently swirl my leg around in a circle and then massage and my ROM was always better..that just shows you that it is there....great..

Vinny
 
Now your starting to sound much better, and your getting results.
Happy for ya!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
AWESOME Laura - so pleased that you are "on the move" ROM wise... its also great that hubby can massage and assist in the healing process - great outcome - Maggie x
 
Thanks guys! I am curious to see what the ROM is tomorrow, I will have another new PT..everyone works different and has different techniques and views...not saying I agree with all of them but I don't disagree with all of them either...Glad to have the CPM machine back, I got it to 105 this morning! Hope everyone had a good day!
 
Thanks Vinny, and how are you doing this fine evening my friend? Been golfing this week?
 
Wow! Sounds like your are starting to make some real progress...Good for you! I love the massage part of my PT session--so much nicer when someone does it to you. Keep up the good work!
 
Are you doing your stool stretch over the knee. My PT has me using two different recumbent type machines that help me stress my ROM limits with simple seat adjustments. I'm so happy you are getting positive results.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Vinny, and how are you doing this fine evening my friend? Been golfing this week?

you know it Laura..the weather has finally turned to our Summer pattern with warm breeze from the South...Ocean temp rising...won't be long before we start worrying about Hurricanes but until then out every chance I can get out I do......

Vinny
 
had PT this afternoon and worked on the bike..guess what...I made it ALL the way around! It wasn't pretty but I did it..of course I was going backwards but still, it was a complete rotation.....I was soo excited! My measurements today were 93 flex and -4 straight...I am still noticing a difference with the pain since the MUA, this pain I can deal with and can now see improvement...will see how PT goes tomorrow!
 
Wonderful Laura.... improvement every day .....it has been an exciting week for you .....

Vinny
 
Yeeee-Haaaa Laura - way to go girl!!! So glad you can now do the bike stuff - big morale boost - Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom