Guest viewing is limited

MUA RTKR Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen several with these units at OT before I left. Hope they help


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Been using the TENS machine and have used the Lidocaine patches..Seems to be doing OK..do not have any real pain, just can't bend the dang knee very far! The nerves are definitely healing , sometimes my knee will get this real cold and wet sensation and it goes away..freaked me out the first time but now I just chuckle. PT is done, will go to the gym this week and use the pool and hot tub...Hope everyone had an enjoyable long weekend!
 
Welcome to the gym crowd. Now you can take your time with nice long stretches. I have managed 7 more degrees. If they have one of these:
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR Done!

This is a super stretcher, note the center pedestal for excellent knee flex stretch.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Been using the TENS machine and have used the Lidocaine patches..Seems to be doing OK..do not have any real pain, just can't bend the dang knee very far! The nerves are definitely healing , sometimes my knee will get this real cold and wet sensation and it goes away..freaked me out the first time but now I just chuckle. PT is done, will go to the gym this week and use the pool and hot tub...Hope everyone had an enjoyable long weekend!
Glad to hear it's helping, I think my last bout of tightness was because I stopped using mine. I used it last night and found improvement today. I like you am upset I'm not getting good bend. I think I will just do some gentle stretches and then ice it till bedtime.
Fenway said thanks for the love, we both wish you and Brady nothing but the best :)


Brenda
 
@Spencieca i remember that cold wet feeling. It always scared me because it reminded me of my knee seeping with infection. I'd always reach down, touch it to be sure it really was dry. Must be the nerves...
 
Glad you mentioned this. I'll be better prepared.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
It's been a whole since I have posted on BS....the knee is doing good, very little pain. The arthritic pain I had is gone and that feels great! I have started walking again, did 2.6 miles yesterday on one of our canyon trails.it was great..I tried to do a little shuffling/jogging to see if I could do it and it felt really strange..I ran before my TKR and was aware thst I wouldn't run after it..but I just wanted to see how it felt..one thing is my thighs are still pretty weak...I only did it for 4 min and am glad I tried..I don't see myself running in the future and I'm ok with that right now. I am at 15 weeks and still only at 90 ROM..haven't had PT in almost 3 weeks..the lateral pain I have when trying to bend past the 90 is pretty excruciating. Have doc appt July 2nd to discuss scope surgery to clean out scar tissue. ...doing my first 5k since my TKR on the 20th of this month...hope everyone is done well!
 
Glad to hear you're doing normal things again. I know this is making you smile!
 
Great post minus the ROM. I am so happy you are walking that much at 15 weeks!! I'm 3 weeks behind you and can't comprehend that much walking!! I'm praying for you that the scope will get you to a better Rom.


Brenda
 
2.6 miles, that is a real hike. I did a mile on pavement and a couple very flat .6 mile hikes last week at 10 weeks and it feels marvelous. Having to tie myself to the chair to keep from hiking daily as I have other things that take up my energy.

Maybe getting out on the trail will help with the ROM. We don't want to be reading about any MWA [manipulations without anesthesia] though!
 
@Spencieca
I'm glad to hear you're physically feeling much better and that your stamina for walking is improving.

Do let us know what your surgeon says at your appointment on July 2nd.
 
Glad you're getting stronger! I'm with Brenda, I can't comprehend that much walking and I'm almost four months, congrats!
 
Today I went to the gym and sat in the jacuzzi for 10 min and then swam/marched for 15 min and then back in jacuzzi and sauna. ..the knee was bending more than usual, it didn't hurt too terribly bad...then when I got home I tried to show the hubby how far I could bend it and it wouldn't go...but I'm almost at 90 without pain..have to work hard to get it there!
 
I like the gym jacuzzi option in conjunction with the doggie walking Laura. I've notice more movement with warmth - and constraints with the cold... I think next time you should take hubby with you so he can witness first hand your new flexibility - YEY
 
Laura I found walking the best PT to increase ROM and hiking shows that you are improving....the dog walking that you and Maggie do is great for your knees and,more importantly, your spirit......you have an amazing attitude.....

Vinny
 
After they gym I came home, took a long hot shower and then went to the mall with the hubby and niece to find him an outfit for a wedding this weekend..we did a LOT of walking... have to admit, I was hobbling an hour or so into the walk..my other knee was pretty sore, swimming has always hurt my knees, most of my arthritis is and was on the lateral part of my knees....my new knee was very hot and actually hurt quite a bit..went and got a bite to eat after and then came home and iced...today it is pretty sore, but it is to be expected. I enjoy walking..the "hike" we did was on a pretty flat surface with a few small hills and rocky roads..but it was still almost 3 miles.. I have been using my hot tub almost every evening for the back and both knees...I think it is making a difference...really my only complaint is the lack of ROM and the toll the new knee is taking on the old knee...other than that Im good to go! OS appt on the 30th of June instead of July 2nd...will see what he has to say..stay tuned!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom