TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
A other restless night. So much has happened since I last wrote.

Where to start I am a week recovered from my oldest son assaulting me in the middle of the night as his dog escaped my 7 ft fence. He shoved me and I landed on the ground all twisted up. Still have not spoken to him other than to say I am disgusted in his behaviour. It was about 3 in the morning when the old house over the back was on fire. Damn kids.

I heard the gate as I've become a night owl. Woke Aaron saying there is a fire and I think your dog has escaped. Well after repeating myself all be was worried about was his dog and as bis dad is a fireman he was obviously at the fire call.

Aaron was running about calling me everything he could, he told me to watch his kids who were asleep. He was yelling at me when be pushed me as he went out the door.

One very sore Knee, hip, wrist and ego.

When dh turned up Aaron still had my car driving it like a rally driver around the streets. I told his Dad I took 1/2 hr to get up onto the lounge. The dog by the way is a great dane and wasn't even allowed here.

Son has avoided me, I keep telling dh Im leaving.
 
Oh possum, I am so sorry. You really need a safer place to get thru recovery and to live. Is there anywhere you can go where you can get some support and some assistance. :console2:
 
Next - I saw my OS. He is very happy with my process. He said you're not going to PT. I said 5 hrs for one session was unrealistic. I'm a trained PTA and I'm happy doing my therapy on my own at home, which I have done.

Hospital couldn't get my meds right. I only have me to trust and my GP.
 
Im having problems with bowels and have been taking several items to assist. Plus drink pear juice. I took 2 tablets late in the afternoon and FORGOT then took another 2 at 4 am. At 6 am I was in the bathroom. OMG would be putting it lightly. When I got back to bed I knew I was not finished. Abdomen is so sore. All blockages have passed and I have spent day in bed.

Got to be an easier way ??
 
My scar looks good. I have lots of areas with no sensation. Not sure is this is short or long term?

What's the thoughts of this?

I put bio-oil on it every day as I get adhesions and make keyloid scars. So any help would be appreciated.

I'm allowed to drive again next week. I'm not sure if that's a good thing yet. I'm in no hurry to drive unless my foot pain settles.
 
I have been thinking of you ALL and I appreciate everybody's understanding.

My cat has just decided to join me laying on my chest. She had been very smoochy lately. Maybe she senses mum's not good at the moment and needs loving care and nursing. I don;t mind. I do miss all those things, I guess. When the grandchildren are here, the 4 yr old hugs me so much. I love the kids. I expect this is their weekend here again. As son and I are not speaking I guess I just have wait and see :)
 
The numbness wears off after a while.
 
Sorry you are having such a hard time but in spite of it all you seem to be on track with your healing. Hang in there and I pray things get better for you. :flwrysmile:
 
Have an invite to a girlfriend's for dinner tonight. Its about 40 minutes drive. I agreed thinking it would be nice to get out of the house. Then I thought OMG I think they have 40 stairs, with 20 to first landing and then 20 to the lounge kitchen area. I don't have stairs here at home and I seriously don't think I would manage 80 in one night.

Might message back and suggest the BBQ area. Only 1 step up and 1 down to use it.
Sounds a lot better. Uncomfortable but better than those stairs. I'd fall for sure.
 
Fewer stairs definitely sounds better. Sorry you are having these troubles at home. :console2:
 
Possum i have read your thread and really hope you are doing ok just wanted to send you encouragement thru this:angel:
 
Possom, I hope the evening away from the stress of home is helpful for you. Be sure and rest, ice and elevate once you get back. This will be quite a physical outing for you and your body will notice the increased activity.
 
Arrived at friends her dh says she has left tbey had a fight. We sat out back for 4 hrs had a cup of tea and I gestererd to my dh I needed to leave as my leg was getting very sore though friend dh had gave me a lump of wood to rest my bad leg up.

When I finally got to a stand position friend returned told herwe were leaving. In all my life I have never or would ever do that to guests.

I had messages today how was my leg? It was so painful last night I was up at 3. Rubbing, icing the full mantra.

My scar feels like it is ripping and is very painful. Its peeling again to so I keep putting diff stuff on it but whats worth using?

It feels like its ripping does anyone else get that?
 
possum here, I have the same question about what to put on the scar. Mine is very dry and peeling like crazy. My pt told me not to put anything on it until two small scabs that are still left go away. Once they go away I would like to put something on it but not sure what. Do you use anything now?
 
Sounds like you need to ice and elevate today. Swelling will make the scar feel tight. You can put some nice gentle lotion on the area once the incision is completely closed. I use CeraVe cream for my dry skin as a regular thing. Dermatologist said that or Aveeno are good gentle moisturizers generally.
 
Bio-oil, Paw Paw, Alveeno have tried them already to see what helps.

Any other ideas?
 
Sheesh Donna,
Good grief , you have been thru the ringer with your recovery. Sounds like you haven't had the kind of support that you really need. I hope things are getting better for you. I wonder if liquid vitamin E would help your scar? Keep your head down and your knee up! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom