TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that constantly seeing new lows in rudeness!!! I cannot imagine dumping a friend!! I think you were a saint to wait for her---but, you did pay a price for that sainthood. Hopefully you will feel better after a day of ice and elevation.
 
possum_here I use vitamin e oil, I tried a bunch of things but it seems to work the best. I put it on and give my scar a good massage . I get that darn tight feeling to but I find if I use the vitamin e.oil and give it a good rub then ice it helps a lot .
 
Hi possum my PT told me to use vitamin E oil and massage it in hope it works just don't put it on the scabs if thats what your pt said. i used shea butter that was all i had and it worked too
 
Went back to the physio program today. 5 hrs a day. Im laying down, leg elevated with ice pack. Did far too much for my 2nd time I have been to this session. PT was shocked I am 110 range and considering I am not going to their 5hr program. I am able to elevate my leg, have no problem with leg straight.

Just need to work on building strength.

I told him my scar feels like it is ripping some days. So he checked it but of course he will let the OT know I have made comment.

I massage Bio-oil into it which is what the OS told us to use. The PT just used sorbalene cream and due to his rough handling I have been home since with leg up, iced and pain meds with a few tears rolled in.

I pedalled today full cycle for 30 mins OMG I was so happy I was able to ride cause I was rocking it last time.
I had to step for 20 mins.

On the leg lifts he added 2kg weight after 3 lifts I told him to remove it. He tried to persist when I pulled out the I am phyio trained, I am requesting you remove the weight. My knee is ripping and I have had enough for the session. I asked to be iced but they told me I had to do a 10 min walk.

I am seeing my local Dr more so he is aware whats bappening with the recovery.
He is on my side and agrees when I know I have had enough just stop.
 
Home life has not improved with my sons. I am just spending more time in my own room.

Still not sleeping through, will be pleased when that settles for me.

How is everyone? I havent felt up to much but I am thinking of you all.
 
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey
possum_here, I know it's tough to be positive with so much negative around you; but you need that positivity for yourself so that both you and your recovery can continue to move forward. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to come to us to vent, whine, cry, laugh---whatever you need at the moment. You are not alone---we are here for you.

Take care and keep us posted 'cause you know we care.
 
Possum, great job dealing with the PT experts. You seem to have great flexion and extension. I am glad you are taking care of yourself and your knee is feeling better. Fantastic. Many good thoughts going your way. Lee :flwrysmile: :SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey
Well, truly, it is just one day at a time for all of us.

[Bonesmart.org] RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey
for you Donna. Take care, we care.
 
Hugs to you my friend.... I need to send you the words to a song I learned 100 years ago in girl scouts. It's about a possum and every time I see a post from you I sing it one time out loud in the Dr office waiting for my mom, I forgot I had ear buds on and hmmmm sang it a bit louder than I thought. Nobody clapped
 
Just read your recovery post, wow and wow. I am sry the treatment u received in the hospital. It made me look back at my own hospital stay n how much pain i was in. I love the story about your granddaughter, it put a smile on my face. Well i wish u the best in your recovery, and u have great ROM.
 
Oh, your non BM, i so could relate to, but u taking too many of the aids to help u i could not. I found some of your post to be funny and mafe me laugh. Anyways take care
 
Hey Donna ... I have just read through your posts. I know others have said it, but I am so sorry you have gone through all this. I am having enough trouble coping simply with recovery let alone the loss of a special friend, appalling treatment in hospital, bad treatment at home from DH and your sons. I am in awe of how you have coped and seem to have kept some form of sense of humour.

I am unable to kick at the moment with left replacement and medial collateral ligament strain in right knee, but am mentally kicking your hospital and sons from pillar to post. I am sure there is no way you deserve that sort of treatment.

What part of Australia do you live in? I am in Petrie, Queensland (northside of Brisbane).

I am glad you have your cat to give you special love time. I have 2 dogs :puppysmooze: :puppysmooze: and a cat:kittykiss: to give me cuddles. Don't do to your cat what I did to mine tonight - I had just put her food bowl down and was walking past with my walker when I put one of the legs of the walker on the end of her tail with my full weight pressing down on it (accidentally). Boy, did she jump and let out a roar. Poor thing.

I hope things improve for you Donna - I really do. You are one very strong woman but all strong people need hugs and comfort - sometimes more than most. I hope you can feel my mental and cyber hugs.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Hello everyone :) sorry I have not posted in ages. I have just read messages and caught up on my own thread. Where do I start- THANK YOU for your support and for allowing me to bore you all with my drama's and challenges these past past months.

Ok update on recovery- I am driving again although not long distance or for any length of time. Shopping is totally focused for get in and get out as quick as I can manage. It is such an effort and gosh gee my knee lets me know very quickly I have done too much. My scar glows red and skin around is red and blotchy. Elevation and ice are totally a god send for moments like this.

My scar is keyloid ( thick and nasty) very red. I am using my cane only when I have to walk a distance. My ROM is 115 strength has improved but I am really annoyed at the physio program. As most of you know I am qualified as a physio assistant so I tend to put these physio's in their place when they over step what we are striving for.

They are young and just graduated so still pretty green. Patients in the group ask me questions because they are struggling to maintain the 5 hr session. I of course have encouraged them and the last lot of physio's are rude. I dont think they appreciate I get asked questions. To me they need help and if the physio's are not doing their job then I will say if you do the exercise like this or that and stand in front of them they catch on better.

My OS and I will catch up again next week. He has been MIA due to a spirts injury and he has had surgery. I have a huge list of complaints. I am having a lot of back pain from the spinal. Its starting to cause more complications. I still have no sensation on the outside edge. I have lock ups at time. Sitting causes pain, i would prefer to sit or lay with leg elevated straight.

I still have pain meds. I take a Brufen 3x a day. A endone morning and night. I take a targin at night. Think tonight I will add a valium to relax my back pain. Feel like a massage, might look into that tomorrow.
 
Nice to read your catch up. Glad your knee is doing better and it is so wonderful that you are there to assist and encourage the other patients. Sad to hear about your back. If this really started from the spinal, makes me very glad that I had general anesthesia. Take care of yourself and rest your knee and back.
 
@possum here You are doing great with your knee. Coming along really well. I am sorry you are having problems with your back. Keep us posted. :flwrysmile:
 
How many other's are getting back pain from where they had a spinal? I did not want the spinal because of this. I also have pain in my inside foot of my TKR leg. From toe to 1/2 way up the inside top of the foot.

Several patients made comment at the physio group session they have pain area's too. Its all wrote down for my appt next week with OS.
 
Have my OS appt Today seeing its after midnight again. I am suppose to go to PT as well for 5 hrs. I know there will be a massage therapist in so I am deciding should I go and see if she can help my back.
Knee has been ripping and stings although I have spoke to the PT they simply have no idea.
One massaged my knee so hard I had tears in my eyes.
The next PT put weights on my legs and told me to do five sets of ten reps. All it done was swell my knee and over heat it. When I demanded the weights be removed, and I required icing. He made smart remark.

So stinging, ripping, changing skin tone to red, loss of sensation and referred pain in foot, back pain from spinal and leaning back the pain feels like something is behind me and jabbing into my back.

Does anyone else have these issues?

Now I have a wedding to attend 11th Jan, I ordered a dress online and it is cream and black. Problem is shoes as I have only worn flats since surgery. I already purchase a low heel court black with the cream just around 5cm on the part that sits on top. Border.

Not sure if I will be able to wear them for long and I think I might take another outfit to change into. 3/4 pants and a blouse with flats.

The wedding is outside on their property and we will be camping over night. Would you think it would be inappropriate to change?
 
Not if it is for safety reasons which translates to reasons for your health - do not want to anger the knee. Besides if the wedding is outside it seems going a little more casual after a bit would be fitting. Remember, you just had major surgery so you have prerogatives. Sounds like a nice time to go and camp right there- have a good time, Lee
 
I agree if it is for safety reasons CHANGE by all means... heck if it is for COMFORT change! I have been back at work for a couple of weeks and have been wearing tennis shoes with my dress pants.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom