Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Roger,

I have just read through this thread. My Goodness. (You may substitute another exclamation if you like...:hate-shocked:)

When you talk about your fall (260lb+ guy, 30mph, rock, puncture there's no recovery!), then your wife falling, it was like two slaps around the face.

Chapeau, sir, to your attitude. I would like some of that.

If downhill will now incur the wrath of Herself, and it seems reasonable that it might, you might like a bit of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYgAX6D43Q&feature=share

or perhaps this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXqQqAc2pA

I expect to start my recovery diary soon. I hope, sir, that (without wishing to cause offence) mine will be as dull and boring as yours has been lively and interesting.

Seriously; bita respect due to you, best wishes,

Roy
 
Fortune favors the Bold, Roy. I'm not as bold as I used to be!!! Thanks sir, and I sincerely hope and wish you a rapid and fine recovery. Attitude is everything brother. Sure, I could sit down, wave others around me and call it a day. AND BE JUSTIFIED... Thats just not in me anymore. Though, it might be a while before I jump off ATVs also!!! And I may never be the guy you have to catch, but I could well be the guy off the back ready to overtake...

(on the other hand, crash videos aren't as funny as they used to be!)
 
I think the commentator in the first vid was a tad excited, don't you?

And the other chap - did you catch his comment in closing second of the vid "how does he sit down with balls that big"!!! :blush: :hysterical:
 
I think the commentator in the first vid was a tad excited, don't you?

And the other chap - did you catch his comment in closing second of the vid "how does he sit down with balls that big"!!! :blush: :hysterical:
That off-road downhilling is quite exciting isn't it?

Fabian Cancellara by contrast isn't so obvious, until you realise how fast he's going and the cars and motorcycles struggle to keep out of his way.
 
This is more along the lines of what I expect to happen.. Although, I haven't had that happen since I was a kid. The guy in the wreck had a concussion and some road rash. But was otherwise OK enough to decline a helicopter ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE

OK, I'm decent at forums and such but can't seem to embed this video...
 
Roger, it's because you have the "=player_embedded" on the end of the url. It means the person posting the vid has blocked it for use elsewhere (I think)

Let's get Rich along to give his opinion @RichardRobins:

 
This is more along the lines of what I expect to happen.. Although, I haven't had that happen since I was a kid. The guy in the wreck had a concussion and some road rash. But was otehrwise OK enough to decline a helicopter ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded

OK, I'm decent at forums and such but can't seem to embed this video...
The URL in your code looks different from the way I do it, which is

- go to Youtube
- get the correct video clip up and copy the URL
- come back to Bonesmart and use the button on the edit screen and paste the URL in, to get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded

That produces this code:

[url ="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded[/url]

(I've put a blank after '[url' so that the board won't translate the code, I can't find a 'code' tag)

Your code looks like:

[URL ="https://youtu.be/ZUBsG64HOyE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded[/URL]

so maybe you created it a different way?

(I've checked in 'preview' and &feature=player_embedded doesn't seem to make any difference)

(This hijacks the thread a bit, sorry, but I can't post on the 'how to use the forum' bit so I guess it'll just have to be here.)
 
No, thats fine Roy, and I "should" have known to use the link button. I just don't embed youtube videos very often, and the local boards I would do that on, have a youtube button.

While I've used that quote incorrectly many times, Tim, I think it has renewed meaning for me these days! Maybe its the 30 somethings I hang around with...
 
Well, that's the strange thing - you shouldn't need to use the Insert Link icon. We have software on this forum that's supposed to automatically embed a YouTube. But it doesn't work when there is "&feature=player_embedded" on the end of the url.

What kind of code tag were you looking for, Roy? :scratch:
 
What kind of code tag were you looking for, Roy? :scratch:
Fairly standard, I thought, a tag you wrap around tags that would normally be interpreted and formatted by the browser, when you want the reader to see the actual tag code itself.
 
OK, I'm not bulletproof. I think we've established that. I'm not superman, or I'd have flown and not crashed...

But I have thoroughly overdone myself the last few days. I had some minor pain the last few days, but its over the top tonight. Getting our bedroom ready to move the waterbed out. Going through drawers and the closet and emptying the drawers below the bed. Add therapy today on top and well, I hurt. *I* KNOW better!!!

Felt horribly guilty not helping my son and his bride disassemble and move the bed from the top floor to the basement. And this was after my son went through his stuff in the basement AND cleaned and straightened it. Upside? We played a couple great rounds of darts afterwards. even if I had the TENS unit running for some of it...

Part of me wonders if dropping the Oxycontin was as good idea as it sounded last week. But I should be able to catch up now that things are slowing down. And some of the sting of this whole event is absorbed by getting a REALLY good deal on a really good bed. Ah growing up. Who said it HAD to be fun!

Thanksgiving dinner was had at a friends house, Vietnamese, vegetarian and Indian food. And none of us were Indian OR Vietnamese. "Un"traditional they called it. Desert was traditional though. Good food, good friends and good time. Though, I missed the whiskey/scotch tasting, thanks to meds. I'm promised another round later.

MORE new exercises at PT today. My wife had a great round at PT today as well. Therapist found her end point. Same exercise I beat the therapy assistant at last week. Found out, the assistant was sore all weekend. My wife is sore tonight. She'll be fine, and I'll get over the whole thing...

Yeah, I should know better...:DOH:
 
I replaced the url for you, it was because it had "embed player" stuff in the url
below is the code i used (without the spaces)

https:// www .youtube. com / watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE
 
I replaced the url for you, it was because it had "embed player" stuff in the url
below is the code i used (without the spaces)

https:// www .youtube. com / watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE
Pardon me, Richard, but the code I used does have the embed in it and worked fine.

[url ="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBsG64HOyE&feature=player_embedded
 
Disassembling and moving a waterbed is like trying to herd cats. It is darn near impossible and not a lot of fun.

On the other hand, I am glad that PT is going well for both you and your wife.
 
Feeling better today, and doing as little as possible. I should know better overall. Yet, I still let things get out of hand. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. Actually spent a little bit of time on a creeper under my son's 4x4 truck he is getting out the garage. Felt good to feel like I was doing something though. (I HATE others doing all my work for me...)
 
Ummm ... I think we're not on track with these urls here! You are using the icon which apparently works.

But Rich has put in some software that enables us to just dump the url in the post (sans the stuff including and after the ampersand) and the video shows up. We are talking about that.

But hey, if you can get it to work using the icon, so be it. go with whatever works, I say! :thumb:
 
Back
Top Bottom