Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

A great report; I know you are frustrated at what you are not allowed to do, but you will regain all of your active lifestyle soon, I am sure of it!
 
So glad to hear the good report. You are a walking miracle. Thank goodness it didn't go either of the 2 ways it might have. Your family needs you to be around and whole. Keep up the good work and your positive attitude is contagious.

Thanks!
 
I'll admit again, that this reinforces in my mind how lucky I've been. With the injuries themselves (OK, that might not sound right...), but with the recovery. My PT has been vocal about that he can't believe I've made the progress I've made. I'm following doctors and therapists orders to a "T". I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary or trying to speed things up. I'm just healing. The good Lord has a plan for me. Not sure what it is going to be...

On an interesting note, I put my left foot on the therapist's table the other day which was a stretch of the knee flex, so I could tie my shoe. My knee has been a BIT swollen since then. Maybe I should have had them put the goniometer on there while the knee was bent...

Our new bed should be here this afternoon! Yea! Now we can let our daughter have her room and bed back. No more waterbed (boo!!!), I expect this will last us a bunch of years. But probably not 20 years.
 
I'm so happy for you!
I also cannot figure out how you could get out of a waterbed!!! My best friend form college had one and I had trouble getting out of her waterbed when I visited her...25 years ago!!!!
Can't wait to hear about your physical exploitys as you heal.
Sandy
 
So glad to hear the good report. You are a walking miracle. Thank goodness it didn't go either of the 2 ways it might have. Your family needs you to be around and whole. Keep up the good work and your positive attitude is contagious.

Thanks!
I agree. You're an amazing person.
 
Hi, Roger - I finally read through your complete thread and must tell you how impressed I am with your cheerful attitude in the face of so many calamities. I hope and pray you are doing better and that your wife is also recovering.
 
I thought I might add a couple pictures...
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

This is a little over a year post op.

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

My collar, and closest friend for months... Had a little fun for Halloween.

And the dreaded TLSO brace... I put it on the other night specifically so my daughter could take some pictures...
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

You can tell I have lost some weight since I was allowed to take the brace off...

I really hope you enjoy the pics.:thumb:
 
While I'm showing photos...
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

That pink on my right shoulder (left since its in the mirror), is still really tender. Since its numb, if I rub it too much, I rub right through the skin. So I usually have at least a small scab up there. I thought the incision would have been straighter.:th_heehee:
 
All I can say is.....wow!!! It really brings all that you've been thorough home to me. It is such a miracle that you're here and doing well. You are one tough cookie!!!
 
Roger, think of your body as an object de art. You have certainly met your challenges head on and have made alot of progress in your recovery. I'm just glad you aren't sitting at a computer, typing with a pencil in your mouth. Your crash could have been much, much worse.
 
All I can say is.....wow!!! It really brings all that you've been thorough home to me. It is such a miracle that you're here and doing well. You are one tough cookie!!!

:I-Agree: I can't think of anything more to say other than thank you for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration!
 
Sharing really has been beneficial for me. I always hope that others can find a tidbit for themselves.

The new bed is nice, and we re-arranged the room. Well our daughter and a neighbor moved the heavy stuff. We'll see how I navigate it in the darm when I get up in the morning.

And I went to the gym for the first time since the day before my crash. Nearly 12 minutes on the treadmill to cover a half mile. But, did my same 15 minutes on the exercise bike like at therapy. Two minutes on the stairclimber about did me in. Then, the same weight machine exercises from PT to wrap up the workout. The pool had just been refilled and was COLD! Spent some time in the jacuzzi, which felt grand. A younger couple asked about my scar, so I filled them in. Scared them both into getting helmets! (And I need new swim shorts, the old ones were really big on me!)

Get to see my Occupational Health folks tomorrow, I wonder how they will revise what my doctor sent them for continued restrictions.
 
My Occupational Health folks actually followed what my surgeon's directions were. Really surprised. Actually, the doctor there was very vocal with his surprise at my continued recovery. He signed off on my driving, but won't let me drive forklifts or things with out shocks... Didn't think about that. And suggested ladders are a bad idea for a bit. Didn't think about that either.
 
Roger,

After seeing your photos it seems amazing you are still with us. Thanks the Lord for letting you stick around and help the rest of us. How is your wife doing with her rehab and recovery? Hope all is well.
 
Ah, that's where we occy health folk have the edge - we think of everything! :wink1:
 
OK, you win the scar competition.
Nice body art.
Glad you are recovering well.
Leep up the good fight.
Sandy
 
First off, RubySue,I didn't mean to ignore your comments. Now that my wife is home and working with my PT, I hope she gains some ground again.

Sandy, I didn't set out to win any competitions. I do have yet another wicked scar on my ankle, dog bite, 200# Saint Bernard when I was 12...
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

Its visible on above my right ankle... With some luck, I'll be back in that bucket truck by Springtime!!!

Rose, Jamie and all, thanks!!!

Jo, Occy Health wins this round, I'll grant that!!!

So, Wednesday at work, I drove one of our large trucks. It hadn't been run in a month and needed some miles. The air ride seat was nice, but when I got up yesterday morning, My back was beat. Didn't get any better through the day and evening. Had a rough night sleeping. I have to admit that my wife had a better time at PT this morning than I did. Hey even Superman can have a bad day, right? Heating has been a big help. And I should feel better in another day or so. My neck is still stiff and my PT showed me some good exercises and stretches.

I've decided to start a whey protein supplement with Glutamin for muscle recovery. Anything I can add to my diet to help my back can only help. Mixes in my morning oatmeal just fine...

Even though I know better, I can still overdo things...
 
Back
Top Bottom