Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Roger:
Hope you had a fun holiday. Mine was bittersweet.
I was grateful to have my family around me and they are well, but for the 2nd year in a row, had to skip the Thanksgiving day hike my husband and I had been doing for the last 15 years.
I hope things are moving along for your wife.
Sandy
 
Tim, taking it easy is getting harder and harder to do. I keep sayin I know better, but still do too much at times. This week has just been difficult anyway, so it ought to get better.

Sunflower, I KNOW it should be, but the assistant is young and hasn't worked out much and got a great lesson in what it feels like. Hope its one that sticks with her if she decides to continue in the PT line of work.

Sandy, I feel we had a good holiday and it was nice to extend it to yesterday. My son and his wife were at her folks for Thursday, so we had a big meal yesterday. Since we had our Thanksgiving meal at a friend's house. My wife was wanting to help, but our daughter and daughter in law had everything under control. Except the traditional male activities of cleaning the bird to put in the oven and carving. I asked my son to carve this year. Just because its a thing to pass to a son. He can do it when we visit them next year for the meal!:snork::hysterical:

I feel much better today. Looking forward to the doctor visit Tuesday and the chance of getting my collar off for good. I have my head wrapped around not getting it off, but it will still be tough to handle. :cry4: My wife is doing good, I'd like to see her up and about more, but her recovery is different than mine. I try not to push her too much, but haven't been TOO obnoxious I hope.:what:

Had a bit of a scare though last night. EVERY smoke detector in the house went off last night. Original to the house we bought 5years ago, I had no idea they are expected to be changed every ten or so years... They are about 13 years old. I just changed the batteries at the time change as usual. The one over the kitchen/dining area has gone a few times for no good reason, so its the likely culprit. So, off to Home Depot today for replacements. Thank goodness for lightweight fiberglass ladders!
 
:hate-shocked: Bet that got your cardio notches up a bit!
 
Just a little. They kept going off after being unplugged so I had to pull all the batteries too. Even then a couple chirped for over an hour. Glad I replaced my old aluminum ladder with a fiberglass one. Lighter than the older one and doesn't feel like its falling apart!
 
Kinda bummed right now. I know patience is a key thing but I'm about out of that commodity today. SO many things I want to get my hands in here at work, everyone is out in the field WHERE I BELONG and I'm stuck in the shop... Hoping to get the collar off tomorrow, but there is that concern I won't. OK Roger, relax, take a breath. Nope, still frustrated. Need to stop watching Kettle Bell exercises online. Just trying to find exercise routines to get back where I was in August before the crash.

Yeah, frustrated, nervous, anxious... And I've already eaten everything in my lunchbox. Except the plastic liner.
 
My wife was wanting to help, but our daughter and daughter in law had everything under control. I asked my son to carve this year. Just because its a thing to pass to a son.

It sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive family that provided a scrumptious meal~without the hassle. :cheers_wine: I am thinking good thoughts for you and that you'll be able to kiss your cerv collar good bye. :thumb: When you do finally graduate from your torture vice, you can always wrap it up and give it away at a white elephant party.

When your smoke detectors went off, did your mastiff sing along with it? :th_heehee: Stuff that goes BEEEEP in the night reminds me of the time my 100 lb german shepherd girl, who sleeps next to my side of the bed, sat up in the middle of the night and let out one long howl. Scared the living daylights out of me! I looked over to my australian shepherd and she was lying under the computer table, listless. I crawled on my hands and knees over to her to check to see if she had passed during the night, thinking that the shepherd was mourning her passing. I put my hand on her nose to check to see if she was even breathing and she startled, giving me the "What the heck are you doing?!?" look.

Such is life in the hooligan compound.
 
The Mastiff didn't like the sounds much, but didn't chime in. The Shihtzu on the other hand... Ran into her kennel and screeched till I silenced the last one.

Funny, we have White Elephant party coming up at work soon... Hmmm....

The boy did a grand job carving the bird and we all had a good feast... (one plate only for me though!)
 
Roger.....I'm betting you're going to feel a lot better once you get that doctor's appointment over with. Part of your anxiety may be the waiting for that verdict! I sure hope it's good news.
 
Thanks :) I'm sure that my neck will be tired and sore by the end of today.
 
Well, short story, I have my collar off! And, very few restrictions. No jarring or bouncing activities, no mountain biking, aggressive ATV riding, and NO NO NO running. Bummer. But now I can get in the gym and start working on getting my strength back. See the doc again in March for more xrays, and then again in August for CT scans before clearing me for EVERYTHING.

Do you know how heavy your head can be? Trust me, its heavy.

I found out a bunch of other stuff as well. Some of the stuff I hadn't heard (or did but couldn't remember), if I'd crushed one vertebra down, I'd never have been able to walk again. And she said one vertebra up, would have killed me. That really put everything else in perspective.

Therapy this morning, new exercises, more arm/upper body work. But now I can do more as I can tolerate it. Moving forward!
 
Oh my gosh!!!! That's certainly a sobering discussion about your injuries! You definitely have an angel looking out for you.

I'm so glad that your are continuing to move forward at warp speed. You are amazing!!
 
A head is approx 7% of the body mass. Ergo, body weight 180lbs = head weight 13lbs
 
Well, short story, I have my collar off!

That's fantastic! Now you can feel like a real person again and not be restricted by the cervical collar. Let's hope you don't have any more BIG setbacks now that you are well on your way to a full recovery.
 
In my case, just under 260 = about 18.2 pounds...

I've always felt like a real person, but it is a relief to have it off so people can stop looking at me funny...
 
There! We always knew you were a bit of a big head! :hysterical:
 
OK... I probably deserve that. My neck is really sore today, the muscles aren't used to doing ALL the work yet. I can move side to side a bit more each day, but still stiff at the limits. Therapy tomorrow morning ought to be quite interesting. I'll let you all know how that goes.
 
Back
Top Bottom