Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EllaGrace I'm so sorry you're having problem with pain. If you start your own thread one of the moderators (Josephine maybe you can help?) can provide a lot of information that may be good for you! I couldn't begin to not be able to take the opiates, but I do not have any idea on how to help with that for you!


Ready my doc changed me from oxycodone to hydrocodone 5/3.25 along with my muscle relaxers...and that makes me sleep harder (makes me almost feel like I'm passing out rather than sleeping) but I am feeling better a bit by bit daily. Therapy is going well. She says she can tell I'm getting stronger daily and I can feel like I'm doing better!

I do see the itty bitty light at the end of the tunnel....unless its a train! The biggest test is this weekend I'm going to attempt to go to a concert with my bf....he and I have planned to allow me to keep my leg elevated as much as possible beforehand and will be using the guest wheelchairs to assist with my movement before and after the concert!
 
Hi Dee Dee,

I am glad that you are feeling better. It sounds wonderful that you will be getting out and doing normal things this weekend. Hopefully all will go awesome.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
It's funny...we've all not done things prep because of knee problems, but I'm not letting it stop me any longer.....even wi having had the surgery...
 
The patella is hurting today....but most everything else feels pretty good.....small steps.
 
Today's therapy feels like it was a small set back....there was a pop in my knee (not like an cal pop but it still audible) and it made me not able to bend the way I want....but the therapist said it didn't seem to be anything other than muscle movement and the 'guard' of my knee started again

Once I was able to I e my knee and get the muscles to relax it started bending again, so I think it's ok, but if it keeps happening I will call the doctors office.


I'll be glad when the swelling is gone and I can feel normal....I feel "off". Blah.
 
Deedles8

You've had a really tough time from what I've read. I see you are in Atlanta. I lived in Vinings at one time and in Alpharetta. Miss the shopping and the madness but don't miss the poor air quality. As soon as I arrive when visiting my son who lives off exit 12 off GA400, I start sneezing and getting allergies. What part are you in and where did you have your knee done? Lots of great docs up there. I'm on the gulf coast now so liking the air.

Things will turn for you. The 3 week mark was huge for me as was 5 and 7 weeks. I'm almost to 10 weeks now. Those little stabbing pains and tweaks seem to be part of all this and the popping you had may be a quad attachment. I've got that too but not as much now. I think it's common. In a couple more weeks, you're going to feel a lot better. Isn't this a great place to get help and advice? I've gotten worked up over a few thing but someone always had been there, done that and calmed me down. Hang in there. Relief is going to be worth this battle.
 
Tennis Nut I live in McDonough but am staying with my bf in Jackson. We were up in Alpharetta last night at VZW amphitheater seeing a concert...so I know enough about both sides of the perimeter. Being out in Jackson it's cleaner than being in the city....

I'm hoping things get better...cause it's been a ride....I don't really have a choice but to keep moving forward so we shall a see! The pop only happened once and it's been "ok" since then (but I don't say that too loudly...lol).

I used Pinnacle Ortho in Marietta - and that was after a good bit of research and having been a LONG time patient of another do for who wouldn't do the replacement because of age and activity level and being a bit heavier than he wanted.
 
Deedles8

You must be doing ok if you managed a concert or else you took your pain meds. LOL good for you. You have to go on as much as you can.

You have to do your research too on choosing doctors. You are so young to have had to do this. I think doctors worry because you will have to have it done again when it wears out. Maybe even twice if u live that long. And hopefully you certainly will. I've had one OS who didn't want me to do it and I turn 62 in sept. he thought I was too young. This is hard. Just pure downright hard but it will turn. Will be 10 weeks for me tomorrow and most days are good. Some are even close to great. You will get there.
 
Well I'm hoping it will last a while so any redo will be put off for a long time.

Wednesday will be three weeks....but today's therapy my PT did a movement therapy on my patella and WWWOOOOOWWWW the ability to move my knee more was AMAZING!!! She showed my bf how to help me move it daily and we're hoping it will help because I got up to 98 on my flex! (I was at 88 Friday!). She said the muscles are still guarding and the movement is helping them to relax and also keeping scar tissue from being to over grown in that area!

I think there will be ups and down but I can't let the down keep me down!
 
Hopefully, lots more ups than downs. Just takes time. I'm familiar with the patella therapy and used to do it to myself. Haven't needed it with this surgery. Do you have access to a recumbent bike? If so, just get on it and with no resistance pedal 5 mins 2-3 times a day. Or less to start with. It will really help your flexion and breaks up scar tissue as well.
 
I'm having home therapy at this point. I can't drive and my bf often has difficulties because of some medical issues of his own. (He was hit by a drunk dri Ed 25 years ago and has a fused left left and major nerve pain so you can understand this.....) ...he can't always get me to a physical location for therapy until Im able to drive. He does the best h can for me, but for at least a few more weeks I'm having home therapy.
 
Sorry about your BF's issues. Can't be easy. Home pt is great and u get lots of attention. and you can sort do your own biking. Lay on your back with legs up in air and bicycle them. If you're able. Your pt can help u with that. It's just good to have some continuous motion going.
 
Hi Dee Dee,

Glad to hear you made it to the concert. I bet it felt so good to go out! As for your PT, it sounds wonderful that you found something that is helping!!! :) Good for you!

Have a wonderful night! :flwrysmile:
 
Ok...I know y'all will get this.....I was able to move my patella on its own today! Yay! The quad strength is finally feeling like its starting to fire in somewhat normal manner! Sometimes the small things really are the big things!!!!!
 
Today's therapy was the next to last one at home....I graduate to out patient on Tuesday. Today's therapy was good....she had me walking without my cane....amazing!! Was a bit scary, but felt good to feel free enough to walk on my own!
 
The little things become the big things because they are things that help you turn the corner to the next step for getting better!

If I could control the night time pain I'd be golden. Have gone 7 hours without needing a pin pill....leg is tired from therapy but not in pain! Threes weeks yesterday.....not perfect but not as bad as it was!
 
The little things become the big things because they are things that help you turn the corner to the next step for getting better!
What a perfect statement for all of us on this site. Thanks for sharing it. Just 3 weeks out--you're doing great. All those little things add up fast!
 
Wow...today is crazy! Trying to do the exercises my PT has me on and today my leg is sooooooo tired! Doing them without the cane or using more of my own body for balance is forcing the muscles to fire more.....

I know it's because it's trying to use muscles that haven't been used properly in a while, but this is aching something fierce!

I'm not over doing it...at least I don't think I am. It's not painful while I'm working, but now (hours later) is when I feel it. Maybe I am.....so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really think its just the muscles being used more than normal since that's what it feels like.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom