TKR Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Deedles, I am sorry you are not getting the relief you expected at the pace you hoped for. It has to be so frustrating, but see what your OS has to say tomorrow. I look forward to hearing what he proposes. Trust that it can be resolved!!
 
How are you doing; not posting for a while for you is not a good sign. Don't be afraid to vent; that is part of what this forum is all about. Hopefully just doing that can help a little. Why do you think you went from having those good days to being so miserable. Do you feel like it will never get better? What can people on this board do to help and support you
 
Hi all! I haven't been on in a while but there are LOTS of things that have happened. Lest see....Ive had patellar clunk happen - but that was fixed with a steriod shot in the knee. I was pulled out of Therapy too early so I went on my own and started woring with a Personal trainer who was a therapist so his speciality is people who have "issues" with medical needs. He's AMAZING. My Flexion is 122!!! My extension is -4. Yep - you read that right!

I've been busy living - working - traveling - and enjoying life. Went to DisneyWorld for 5 days about 2 weeks ago....and walked the entire thing. Rode rides, had a BLAST. Would never have been able to do this pre-tkr. Going on an Alaskan cruise in August - so I'm looking forward to that and Also have another cruise planned for march next year!

I'm now able to go up and down stairs easily.....at least much easier than it was before surgery.

Are things 100% - no. I am much happier though. I live with a very heavy feeling in my knee from the surgical site, but for the majority of it i can ignore it. (rain is not my friend though!) I've been getting back in the pool at the gym and being a fish by nature that has helped my psychie tremendously! I have a numbing cream that I put on the heavy area (perscription) when it's intolerable. (It's really for my ankle since I have nerve damage in there from a previous wreck)

Overall I'm just REALLY busy. Lots of family things going on and traveling and things with my BF.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Dee Dee
 
Great report--thanks for updating us. :)
 
What great news Dee Dee. That heaviness will start to disappear as well - coming attractions! Enjoy all your wonderful travels and accomplishments!
 
Hi:
Thanks for posting;I wasworied about you as your last few post weren't too happy. I envy you; I love to travel; glad you are doing wel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!
and so much better than before TKR. Look at all you're doing and enjoying!!!!

Thanks for sharing, take care, we care.
 
Wow - Thursday will be a year. When things clam down it's amazing what happens in life. I've been so busy I haven't even had time to think about it! Things are going to keep being busy until the end of the year - at least that's what's scheduled.....

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to try to check in more often!
Dee Dee
 
Great to hear from you Dee Dee! The fact that things are so busy is testament to the fact you know you can function so much better than a year ago! woohoo!
Happy pre-anniversary to yoooouuuuu,
Happy pre-anniversary to yoooouuuuu,
Happy pre-anniversary dear rightie,
Happy pre-anniversary to yoooooouuuuuuuuuu!:heehee:
 
:wave: Great to hear you're doing so well! Happy Birthday One Year Old!:cheers2:
 
Well here it is - one year. At this time last year I was being taken into pre-op and they were getting me ready to start. It's hard to believe that the year has flown past. They say with children that the days drag but the years fly. I feel like this is what has happened. Once I got past the worst of the struggles it's been a MUCH different life than before surgery.

I can't thank you all enough for the love and support you've shown me (even when I didn't like myself). Have a wonderful day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom