TKR Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeDee, I've found sleeping in the recliner at this point much better. I can adjust my body as much as I want and not feel that I'm going to wake up my husband. Lots of pillows and ice, pain meds when due. Hope you have a better night, call your Dr. tomorrow!
 
Deedles8 I forgot to mention that I've learned to try and take my pain meds as late as possible.
 
It gets better. Really. Not quickly, but surely. A year later, I am glad I had my R knee replaced. And every time I want to kick myself for putting myself through this again, I remember what it was like to have my L knee lock up or give out on me. And yes, it would frequently wake me up in the middle of the night--but with no hope it would get better unless I had this surgery.
 
Hang in there, girl! It will get better. I hope you can find the right timing for your meds. I used to set the alarm on my phone (drove my kids nuts). Hope the recliner works. I never slept in ours as it was so old and uncomfortable. The only position I could be in at night was on my back with lots of pillows under my legs and ice packs on my knees.
Wishing you well.
 
Today isn't much better...but part of it is because I hadn't gone to the 'potty' since surgery. I was able to get some relic from that finally...so I'm hoping at will help change my attitude.
 
I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling any better today. Have you contacted your doctor's office?
 
Hey, Dee Dee. I hate to see you struggling so much right now. It makes it hard to believe that it gets better, doesn't it. I am glad you got some relief in the bathroom dept. This time around, I at lots of dried fruits and nuts, primarily almonds. I can't believe what almonds do for my digestive system. Hang tough. It will be worth it and we will rejoice with you when you turn the corner.
 
Thank you. I'm sorry I was throwing myself a pity party....and really the bathroom issue was making things far worse than they were. Therapy was today and it was great...this is a tough surgery to get through and the love and support that has been shown to me makes me glad for finding this site! I did sleep so much better last night and the leg is MUCH better today.

I'm going to have to make sure to stay ahead of the digestive issues to not let that effect me again. docs offi e said that he will double check everything when I go for my follow up Monday. Pain level is down to about a 3 - so it's MUCH MUCH better!!!
 
yeah! Glad to hear of the improvement! They were giving me Miralax and stool softeners every day in the hospital, but it still took 4 days to get that system up and running. I'm still taking stool softener, and all systems are go! I had my first home therapy yesterday. Nothing pushed me too far, but wore me out. Total lack of energy! Keep posting to let us know how you are.
 
Please don't apologize for the pity party. I think we have all been there one time or another. I am so glad to hear that you are doing better, Dee Dee! That sounds wonderful. I absolutely can relate to the bathroom issue. I had a really hard time also and didn't know what to do. I tried everything and it still wasn't working. I ended up stopping the opiates to make sure that I would and could go. I really didn't need the opiates, but it sounds like you do and should if you need them. Good PT and sleep always helps.

Keep up the good work! Chin up! :kittykiss:

Take care! :flwrysmile:
Maria
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Never apologize for being in pain, I know how blessed I am I haven't been. Keep us posted. Remember prunes are your friends :dancy:
 
I'm so glad to hear you feel better. Rant, whine and ask for a hug anytime you want to. That's why we're all here in this together. Today has been one of the best days since my surgery yet, last night was the worst. :shrug: Up and down we go.:gaah: Sometimes I feel like I'm getting nowhere but that's not so. I've done some major healing this past 18 days! I even told my husband to go fishing with our son today as I'm okay on my own. I won't win any races and I don't do any housework but I can get myself a cuppa, get in and out of the bed by myself (finally) and go to potty.
I just go at my own pace, rest when I want, get up when I want and go sit in the sun.
we'll get there. Time and patience. :sigh:
Wanda
 
Forgot to update info on therapy. My PT said she will only measure once a week for her records but in the first week of home therapy I went from 75 to almost 85 and have gone down 2 cm in swelling. I know we're not supposed to keep up with numbers but I felt better knowing its not a numbers thing with her but to also know there is attainable change happening.

Thank you for allowing me to have my pity party... Again the love, understanding and support here means the world to me!
 
Great to hear about your therapy, Dee Dee. Party with me any time! :happydance: I'm here and willing to listen. :egypdance:
I'm sure there will be a day when it is my turn. :boohoo: It will probably be August 5th when I anticipate going to work or maybe sooner. :friends:

Take care and have a wonderful evening. :flwrysmile:
 
That is great news to be sure. Enjoy this beautiful weekend.
 
Glad to hear you've felt a little better. Hope you continue on that track. Most of us have had our own pity-party, so it's nice to get invited to someone else's. We are all here for you.:friends:
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Never apologize for being in pain, I know how blessed I am I haven't been. Keep us posted. Remember prunes are your friends :dancy:

Prunes....not a fave...but I wound up using a suppository....I was at my wits ends....!!
 
The day yesterday was better but overnight I had a pain that woke me up in tears. I'm so grateful that my bf was trying so hard to comfort me....it wasn't an unusual pain, was just bad. Took a while (felt like an eternity) to have the pain pill take over...though I wasn't even late in taking it :console2:

Today is fairly low key....a bit of laundry (bf washes and I fold...lol) and watching tv. A touch of therapy and resting. One day at a time....gonna start singing that!!

It's rainy and yukkie here (I think Georgia is going underwater) so I'm taking it easy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom