Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

Last night was bad. Pain in my quads all night. I took Tramadol at 1:15am but that didn't help at all. And my knee decided to join the party! Cancelled my physio. I didn't overdo it yesterday. This started Tuesday but was very mild and I didn't push doing things. I'm sure this is normal from what I've read here but I don't like it Any advice on how to manage the pain is appreciated.
 
Try icing and elevating more to see if that will help lower your pain. You are even quite 1 month out of a 12-month healing process, so doing less will equal more healing.

I would wake up at night in pain frequently and had to walk around for a few minutes to lower it. I found also, that rocking the pedals on my recumbent bike helped, too. It was a while before I was able to make a revolution, but rocking them back and forth helped and I was able to go back to sleep.

Just remember that doing less = more healing!
 
@benne68 I have been taking pain meds on schedule. I haven't needed tramadol and have only been taking Naproxen and Tylenol.
 
I hope you're feeling better yesterday and today than you were on Friday.
It's a special day, Happy One Month Anniversary!
Have a wonderful week, CatieViv!
@CatieViv
 
@Layla could you please change the title of my thread to Right knee revision? Thanks
 
I have been reading others treads and see that I am not the only one who has trouble sleeping. My Fitbit says my sleep animal is a turtle! The animal that sleeps with me is a black cat and thank goodness for his company when I can't sleep. Hanging on to what others have said about getting better sleep as time goes on.

Unfortunately sleep meds don't work for me including melatonin. They just act like I drank coffee right before bed. From what I understand from my pharmacist, all OTC sleep meds like that for people like me. I am seeing my OS on Thursday. Hopefully he will have some ideas on what I can do. Also seeing my GP soon.

Otherwise, my knee is doing good as long as I stay out of the dreaded over did it club. Off for a nap now!
 
This is from our Recovery Guidelines:
 
Unfortunately sleep meds don't work for me including melatonin. They just act like I drank coffee right before bed.
I had the exact same problem! Nothing worked during the first month. My only option was to sleep whenever I could, wherever I could! If that meant napping on the couch at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., that's what I did.

It DOES get better -- it just takes time.

Sending hugs. :console2:
 
Hi CatieViv,
I am sorry you're having a hard time getting decent sleep currently. You're in good company. Many struggle early on. I had to chuckle at the FitBit's assessment. :heehee: I hope your OS has some suggestions...otherwise -
Consider Magnesium for sleep.
Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Hoping you get some restorative rest soon. :sleep: Have a great week!
@CatieViv
 
@Layla I completely forgot about magnesium. I will definitely try that. My OS had recommended I take it when I first saw him 6 years ago but somehow I stopped. And the Fitbit assessment made me chuckle too!
 
Good Morning!
One thing I learned about Magnesium was that for me, and in general, Magnesium Glycinate is one of the easiest digestible forms of Magnesium. People often use Magnesium Glycinate instead of other magnesium supplements, as the body finds it easier to absorb magnesium in this form. It is also one of the gentlest supplements on the stomach. Unlike other forms of Magnesium, it might not cause as many side effects, such as an upset stomach or loose stools. Magnesium in this form has never given me any issues. Raise the topic with your OS on Thursday and see what he has to say about it. Best of luck to you, CatieViv!
@CatieViv
 
Bravo! :upright:Go s-l-o-w and enjoy steady progress.
Such a good feeling, I sense your excitement. :)
@CatieViv
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom