Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right knee revision

@sistersinhim a few minutes after I posted that I was able to go forward. Mind you, it's quite a ways from the chair it's strapped to. But I know I will be able to move it closer in a couple of weeks.
 
Yippee! That is great! You are doing so well. Remember to not push it though, your knee will rebel if you do too much too soon.
 
Oh, I already learned that one! I cancelled physio today because I couldn't get a ride. Thankfully, physio is very gentle. It's only exercises and the Newstep. I will pedal again today. See my surgeon on Thursday for my 6 weeks. I will see what he says about driving although I think I will wait until 7 weeks.
 
Good Luck on Thursday, Catie! Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you receive a nod from your surgeon to get back behind the wheel, then its only a matter of waiting until you're comfortable. :driver:
Have a peaceful evening!
@CatieViv
 
Are these hot flashes (worse than normal) related to the surgery? It's cold here in Ontario. 1° C. And I am hot. House isn't. As soon as I put any blanket on, I am so hot. My body just can't make up it's mind.
 
Mine did get worse post op and slowly returned to "normal."
 
My OS appointment has been postponed for 2 weeks. I drove a short distance today. Just in my village. Felt good to drive. I was going stir crazy in the house. I've been home since Sunday afternoon. It was fine, just getting the walker in and out of the car was harder than I remembered. Will hold off longer trip until Tuesday when I see my GP.
 
@mendogal @Layla
I slept much better last night. Only woke up dying from overheating once! And I left the OCID! Pain settled down. Got my get out of jail card! Physio this morning. Driving myself as my friend who was going to take me has COVID. Thankfully physio is very gentle and no pushing into pain.
 
Good news! Do take it easy in PT today, it's easy to land in the ODIC early on.
Have a nice weekend, CatieViv!
@CatieViv
 
I listened to my knee at physio yesterday. I did only half of my exercises there. When it started to complain, I stopped. It was great to be driving. Although I am not going to venture into any shops right now. Slept really well again last night.
 
What good news - especially being able to advocate for yourself with PT!
 
Day 45, 6 weeks plus a few days
I tightened the strap on my Flexstride and brought it a little bit closer to my chair. Pedaled around for 5 minutes! I will do another 5 this afternoon. Previously, it was in pre-surgical position. Thanks for the encouragement @JusticeRider that I got from reading about your stationary bike adventures. I decided to try it today and it worked

Seeing my primary doctor tomorrow. Hopefully she will give me something for the pain so I don't have to take naproxen. Thankfully, I don't need opioids very often now. Pain is so much better. I still walk peg legged without the walker. I know it's going to take a long time to change that habit. That knee has had close to 10 years it.

All in all, I feel like I am progressing much better than last time with this knee. I am taking it slow, remembering that I am a . I only have one speed and am ok with that. My knee is boss and I listen to her! I have decided Tuesday is my last physio. I am going to cancel the last 3 sessions. Although it's a group setting and very gentle exercises, I can do all those at the Y. I also have access to a better bike there and a personal trainer if I need help. But slowly!

Hope everyone is having a great day.
 
Best Wishes for the visit with your PCP tomorrow. Glad to read the pain is easing and you feel you're progressing nicely. The slow easy approach you mentioned while letting your knee be your guide is the way to go.
I wish you perfect healing and the patience it takes to get there.
Happy Monday...have a great week!
@CatieViv
 
Thanks for the encouragement @JusticeRider that I got from reading about your stationary bike adventures. I decided to try it today and it worked
So glad I could be of help! The pedaling and walking are such gentle ways of improving that flex. There is always time for more PT later, when your knee is more resilient and your pain levels are way down. I think you’re going to do great! (:
 
Another victory! Getting out of the shower the last 2 times, I was able to get my leg through the small space between my tub bench and toilet riser without having to lift it over the toilet! I was able to do this once before but it'd been a week since. Trials of small bathrooms. I'm also able to get my bench in by myself. My housemates always take it out of the bathroom and aren't necessary available to help me.
 
When I was healing from my TKR, my month-mates and I little toilet game. When we sat on it, we would see if we could cross a certain line in the tile. When one of us did, we all celebrated. It's the little things, you know!
 
I use a square cat treat container in mine.
You left this on another member's thread. Could you post a photo of this? I would love to see it. Many of us have cats and could use this.
 
Here's the container I use and my Iceman machine. I threw in a cute kitty picture of my Gideon and one of the resident dog for enjoyment!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
    IMG_20231114_132647400_HDR.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
  • [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
    IMG_20231114_132351242.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 41
  • [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
    IMG_20231114_132321948.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 48
  • [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
    IMG_20231112_214915487_HDR.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 46
  • [Bonesmart.org] Right knee revision
    IMG_20231114_132525626.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 47
Last night I tried to sleep on my right side (surgery). Lasted 5 minutes. Miss hippy didn't like it and complained all night. So no side sleeping for me. Left doesn't like it either.

Today I had physio and an appointment with my GP. The Newstep at physio was fine. Everything else my knee said no. PT brought me ice and I kept that on for 10 minutes. My knee couldn't tolerate any longer. Now with George, my ice machine, I can have it on for hours at a time.

GP- she has prescribed Meloxicam. Said my scar looks great and is healing well. I forgot to ask about massage. Only so much is covered and few places. Not sure I am ready for that yet anyway. Got my flu and COVID shots. And she syringed my right ear. I can hear now!

Pharmacy is delivering my prescription. Tomorrow I will get blood work done, check on kidneys and usual diabetes/thyroid stuff. Miss knee is finished for today. Going to stay in my recliner and elevate until script is delivered.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom