Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

Low HgB would definitely explain your dizziness and general malaise. I also suffered this after surgery and what helped me was eating Cheerios (40% daily iron requirement), drinking Ensure once or twice a day (also 40% of daily iron per bottle), and taking extra vitamin C (helps body use iron). If you're taking iron pills, though, don't need this. Hope you feel better soon!
 
sorry about the problems you're still having with eating, particularly getting enough protein. the only protein i could eat when i had the nausea was peanut butter (on celery), couldn't even tolerate protein drinks. my family dr. told me to "graze" throughout the day. i hope you can find something protein-wise you can tolerate. i really don't know much about "tens" but i have it done at physio, (with cold packs under and on top of knee area) after laser treatment, which i also don't know much about, so i've put my trust in my physiotherapist that something good is taking place. it's so relaxing after the therapeutic massage and exercise, as they leave me for 20 minutes and turn down the lights, also cover me with a blanket. wishing you lots of comfort to get through this.:kittykiss:
 
I think my PTs used e-stim on my knee and thigh, but I rememebered you had a TENS unit. It just has to be difficult to try rehabbing a knee when you still feel so awful. Once you're feeling better it may be easier. Right now with your health issues I wouldn't think the OS would want to think about an MUA.
 
I'm supposed to be back at work on August 1st. That only is one month away! I'm worried about making it back. I know I can't be fired while on leave but I worry I might lose my position and have to travel even farther. For some reason I bought long term disability so I'm covered if the short term runs out. I'm not sure how long it lasts though. I think it's three months which makes it the middle of July! I'm not sure how to handle the paperwork and I can't go without income as I live paycheck to paycheck.
 
I don't think your knee will be ready for you to go back to work in a month's time, Marian, and the long hours you have to work won't do it any good, either.

Can you talk to your surgeon about this when you see him, and ask if he can help with organising a longer period?
I know the money is a worry, but you must get your knee healed properly before going back to work.
 
If it helps, Marian, once my knee started to bend it really moved along quickly. I could barely bend January 1st, but was driving by mid January and working part time by the last day in January. It could just be that when the knee decides it's time, it'll bend. My surgeon used the same incision and went down to the replacement also. Maybe that's why he said 90 would be good, I thought I was because I hadn't bent the knee for so long.
 
I am so sorry that on top of everything else, you are now worried about your job. The long term DB I had no time limit as long as my OS said I was disabled. Hopefully, yours will be the same way.
 
I went onto my company website and found out I have a limit of 26 weeks STD leave. I'm at about 11 I think right now. My first week off didn't count as I had to use vacation time to cover it. At least I have that worry off my mind for now. My current date back is scheduled for August 1st. I'll be seeing my OS next week to see what he says about my lack of progress so far. I wish I had somewhere I could go to a pool but there is nothing close by me. I loved the pool inside the gym at my OS office but it's an hour away and costs $60 per month to join. It's just too far away for me to drive.

I have an appointment with my psychologist tomorrow that I'll have to drive to. Hopefully there will be no construction work in the way. Friday my dogs are finally getting to the Vet for their yearly physicals. They are a month late and I'm upset that they wouldn't give me a new script for their heart guard medication without seeing them. I even told them what I've been going through. They are an hour away but I'm hoping my youngest can go with me on Friday morning. It would make it easier as one of my dogs like to be a handful at times. The other one will join in with the fun then too. I'm glad they are little guys. I really miss my Yorkie a lot. She died the week before my surgery in April. I had her for 15 years and her death was very sudden.
 
I am so glad you got that DB worry off of you! And to hear that you are starting to do normal things again! Too bad your vet won't renew the prescriptions without seeing the dogs. They are getting as bad as our doctors! I hope you daughter can go with you to make things easier.
 
I'm m trying to decide if outpatient PT may be more useful to me or staying with home PT. I feel like I need to move on and perhaps seeing someone different they can help with my thigh pain. I really think that's what holding me back right now. I have to be dupischarged from home PT and have a script from my OS to start. Neither will be a problem. While I like my home therapists I don't think they can help me too much more. The outpatient facility may be more able to have equipment available that can help me. The good thing is they are located a mile away. I could just roll my car there!
 
They do have recumbent bikes and other equipment. I'm hoping someone can help with the pain in my thigh either through massage or some other way. I stretched all the muscles today and I actually now feel worse!
 
Hopefully it's initially worse but will actually help. Would acupuncture help loosen the muscle?



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My psychologist had a few ideas of how to find somewhere to swim. I found a resort that has both an indoor and outdoor pool that I can join for $53 total for July through September. That includes their fitness center! I will go down there in a couple of days to check it out. If my youngest and I have time we can try to go tomorrow. That might be the extra help I need.
 
It's about 10 miles away (2 traffic lights). That close as it can be in a rural area. It's actually a sister resort to one only 3 miles away but they don't have the same type of setup.
 
This is what my knee looks like now 1.5 months post I&D.
[Bonesmart.org] Right knee has been replaced


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom