Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

Marian, I too am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. This has been a most troubling time for you. I will be praying for your health and for the wisdom in those who are taking care of you to do their best so as to avoid a surgery to take the knee out and start over. I'm stretching my arms through this forum to give you warm tender hugs. Take care of yourself. This is a bit of a set back, but rest and get stronger. Sending my love to you. Ginger P :flwrysmile:
 
Did your ID give you a temp number to be concerned with? Mine did and we took my temp two or three times a day.
 
So glad you are home and can at least rest in you own surroundings. I am keeping you in my prayers and hope you can avoid the additional surgeries. Wishing you only the best!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dearest Marian, Karri let me know about your knee. I am not on here much anymore, but wanted to come on here and let you know that you are lifted in prayer. May God guide your surgeon, your infectious disease doctor, your nephrologist, and your primary care doctor to prescribe the correct treatment for you. You are covered by His grace and may you gain strength from all of the wonderful people on BoneSmart who are praying for you. Always remember, God WILL see you through this. Rely on Him and trust Him. Much love and prayers.
Janis
 
You are in my thoughts and prayers.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Marian - I just read through your posts and everything you have been through. I will keep you in my prayers that you continue to draw on the strength needed to get through this.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Marian, I hope you're doing lots of sleeping, giving your body energy to heal from the surgeries and infection. :sleep:
 
sending prayers and hugs for your complete recovery. i'm so sorry for all you've been through. take care of YOU and let yourself be pampered.
 
So sorry you going through all this. Sending prayers your way for a speedy and full recovery.
 
Thinking of you.....
 
It seems that I feel exhausted a lot of the day. I can fall asleep mid sentence while talking to my friend or daughter who has been taking their turns staying with me. Once I have the extensions put on both ports of my PICC line put on it I'll be able to handle it by myself. The PICC is in the upper right arm and I can't flush them without the extensions on both.

I'm able now to make it up the one step to my kitchen so I am able to get food and drinks on my own. The last week before I had the second surgery I no longer had the strength to do it and almost fell a few times. So I'm very happy I can get around now. I'm hoping to send people home in a few days. It's been very difficult to feel incapable of taking care of myself. My last day of work was a little more than a month ago. I really miss it. But my youngest daughter has pointed out how much I have been able to do just in the last 6 days since I got home. She's right. I couldn't get out of bed without extreme pain nor could I bend my knee more than 10 degrees. I couldn't even do a bit of a straight leg lift at all. I would be in extreme pain trying to do anything.

I have a hospital bed down here which I only use at night. When I came home I was having some problems with incontinence most likely due to the fact I had a catheter to collect urine in me for almost 6 days. I had to plead to get it removed. I had to work on regaining the muscle control. I now only have an occasional problem. I have also gotten my bowel movements working well. In the hospital I couldn't go at all.

My only problem is the home nurse who is not very good. She was supposed to come prior to my 8:30 am dose to draw blood but she never called until 8:55am. So then she was supposed to come tonight. Well she called and told me she couldn't make it. If I could have delivered my blood to the lab myself I would have done it. My ID and OS need to know the results to adjust meds and to evaluate the wound. My nephrologist and my GI doctors also need them too. The dressing on the PICC line needs to be changed every week too. I spoke with the nurse at the infusion site to go over the correct procedures so I can make sure that she does it correctly. I've been telling her when she has made other mistakes since I've had the PICC. I feel sorry for her other patients. She was also supposed to order some supplies to do my knee dressing changes but so far they are missing. If she makes one more mistake I will call their agency and fire her. I do like the PT and PT assistants who have been coming so I don't want to fire the entire agency.

I'm eating a little bit better. So we shall see how that goes. My right knee up through my thigh is swollen. We've been trying some massage and have kept my entire leg elevated. I see my OS on Wednesday so I'll see what he says. Drainage is down to a drop or two during the day. Even when I have been up and walking around a bit. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

I'll find out in two days.
 
it's good to hear from you Marian. that's too bad about the nurse ~ do speak up as you have been doing. glad you're feeling better than you were and able to get up that step to the kitchen. you deserve to have someone there to help you, so do accept help if offered and do ask for help. you've been through a lot. sending hugs and prayers.
 
Oh Marian, you are on the mend and it sounds like the infection is being wiped out! But, I think you need to fire that nurse who's not doing her job. It's your health she's neglecting. You have to make sure you are getting the best care possible. It sounds like your nurse needs to be in a different profession.
 
I have been worried about you so thank you for the update! Hopefully things are beginning to turn around for you a bit! Will continue to keep you in my prayers!
 
I'm glad everyone is letting you sleep, that's exactly what you need right now. Plus you're seeing progress! Yay! I don't think you can speak up soon enough about the home nurse, hopefully she isn't muffing up someone else.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom