Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

I am so sorry you had to go through this second surgery. I hope from here on out it is just gentle healing. Take care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Marian, @newlybionic
I'm relieved to hear from you and learn that all the right things have been done for you.

For now, your job is to rest, ice and elevate that poor knee, and make sure they give you adequate meds to control your pain. Forget about the PT and sitting up in a chair! You know, from Karri's experience, that your knee will be able to bend when the time is right for it to do so.

Right now, it's been through another trauma and is probably more swollen than ever. It shouldn't be subjected to things like sitting with it hanging down. Speak up in support of your knee and yourself as well. Insist on being allowed as much rest as you and your knee need.

I'll be thinking of you. :loveshwr: :friends:
 
As you have told so many others, it's your knee and you can and should say no to pt, and no to sitting with your leg down. Your number one concern is getting well. That is helped by rest and sleep, not pt! Please stand up for yourself. You are beat down right now, but you have lots of people praying for you, and you are on our church's prayer list. We all care so much about you and are here for you!
 
@newlybionic I am so, so sorry you have had to endure this. I just read this and didn't know you had been going through all this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.:flwrysmile:
 
{{{hugs}}} Marian. Sleep, eat and pain meds while they treat you. Hoping they get those cultures so they can attack full force. So sorry you are having to go through this but glad you are in the right place.
 
newlybionic ~ i just read your entire thread from end to beginning and here i was feeling sorry for myself. my heart breaks for you with everything you have endured and also i'm in awe of you handling things mostly on your own. my biggest problem has been the nausea and lack of appetite and oh yes the constipation then diarrhea. does the patch you mentioned help more than the usual over-the-counter anti-emetics? wishing you all the best from now on forward with your recovery. sending hugs and prayers.
 
Marion, I too am just catching up on your new knee. You have been through a lifetime of misery with things from meds, to lack of rest, to eating, and as I was reading each post I was getting more and more worried for you and now another surgery. So sorry and upset for you. Hopefully now people are taking all those clues you give them that something just isn't right, seriously. Praying for rest and healing for you. I have learned a lot in my recovery too. I thought I was on a different path than I am right now, but good people are taking care of those problems along the healing path.
Sending you my love and a hug to know I'm thinking of you.
 
Hopefully you are now on the correct healing path. With everything you've been through I wouldn't even let anyone from PT near me. If you have to show them you can do steps before you go home so be it, other than that I hope you can get some much needed rest :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Marian! I am so sorry that this has happened..at least they caught it quickly. Like Karri mentioned I also felt tired and worn down while taking the Vanco. Protein shakes helped me a lot, especially when I didn't really have an appetite. Why are they thinking of taking the antibiotic beads out? We are here for you.
 
:angel:Bless you! What a journey you have had! Thoughts and prayers for you!
 
Dearest Marian.....I'm so sorry to hear you are going through all this! But I am thankful that you have a good medical team and three lovely and caring daughters on your side. Things will get better!!! Get all the rest you can and know that I'm praying for you.
 
You're constantly in my thoughts. Sending healing prayers and thoughts your way.
 
Marian, everyone has said all the things I would have said, so I just want to send you {hugs} and prayers. You have been in my thoughts a lot and I will continue to pray for you.
 
@newlybionic, I am sorry you have had a tough time with this take. Hopefully the worst is behind you and you can get down to the business of healing. Sending best wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Marian, I just read these latest posts on your thread and my heart goes out to you. You need rest and healing, and I hope you find both soon. You've been so helpful to others on their journies, now let us be here for you. :angel:
 
Sending healing prayers your way, @newlybionic. I'm in that holding pattern of one good day, one cruddy day over here in Denver. Today's a cruddy one with an extremely achy new knee. It will be the end of 4 weeks on Monday. Here's hoping this week is better for all of us!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
((((((Marian))))))


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Marian, I just read through your thread, and am shocked to hear all you're going through. It makes my knee problems seem small in comparison! I can't believe you had to short the pills to get through, resulting in more pain than you should have to bear. And now an infection!!!!! I am so sorry to hear that. You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope to see some better news soon. Take care and take it easy. Kim
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom