Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

Marion, sending healing prayers to you. Rest and heal you will get through this.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope all is going well with your recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I keep checking to see if Marian has updated. I hope all is well!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Marian, you have so many of us who care about you! May God heal you quickly!
 
Marian, I stopped by to tell you I am praying for you and thinking of you. I hope you have the strength to see or read all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers going out to you. I know sometimes it takes just too much energy to write and respond. That is okay, concentrate on getter better. Hugs to you. :SUNsmile:
 
Sending strength and healing to you Marian xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm finally home!!! Let's just say that everything that could go wrong did. I have MRSA which grew the wound. Treatment for that consists of a month plus IV antibiotics at home. I had surgery on May 10th to clean out the wound. A week before surgery when the OS drew out a sample of fluid from all the way down by the prosthesis it did not show any bacteria present. 6 days later I went back to see the OS and because I was feeling so ill and was draining more fluid that's when the decision for surgery was made. The OS found pus all the way down by the prosthesis. A culture was sent and that's how they knew it was MRSA. An ID (infectious disease) doctor then prescribed the IV medication. My blood will be tested every week and any adjustments will be made based upon the results.

While in the hospital I developed kidney and liver problems and a critically low sodium level. It took several days before I started to get better. I need to now follow up with several specialists due to the severity of problems. Because of the liver and sodium levels I actually was given lower amounts of pain medications which caused my pain to get out of control fairly frequently. At least now I am able to have sufficient pain medication.

There's a 60 percent chance that since it was considered an early infection my OS said I might not need to have any further surgery. I'm praying very hard that that's the case. If not, there will be a two stage surgery. The first one will remove the new knee. Wash it all out again. Place a temp prosthesis with a antibiotic spacer. Then approximately a month or so afterwards of IV antibiotics the OS will go back in and put in a permanent replacement knee. That would be very hard on me to deal with. Right now the ID said she might be adding another medication in a week or so.

Please continue your prayers and good thoughts for me. They've seen me through so far and you can all help me deal with whatever I have to face in the coming months.
 
So good to hear from you Marian. Yes! Definitely lifting you in prayer for all your needs.
Glad you are home, there is a plan and you have pain relief now.
 
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about all you have gone through. Will definitely lift up prayers for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Also adding my prayers for your well-being. Sending strength too, for dealing with so much difficulty!
 
I'm so sorry Marian for what you have been through. I'm glad you are finally home and saying many prayers for strength, wisdom and healing for you.
 
I am so sorry for all you have been through, Marianas. I know a lot of us have been praying for you and now will be praying more specifically. I am glad that you at least know what is going on now so you can move forward. I will be believing for a full recovery with no more surgery.
 
Marian, I'm glad you're finally home and taking good pain meds!
 
Great to hear from you! I was getting worried about your issues. You have had a tough journey...so sending thoughts and prayers!
 
I had a little scare tonight when my temp rose to 100F. I was told not to take Tylenol because of my liver function but it had almost returned to normal. I took some Tylenol and within a half hour the chills and fever were gone. I'll give a quick call to a doctor (when I figure out which one from the cast of them). I didn't feel really sick so that was good. Getting ready for bed now. I'm pretty beat.
 
Marian, so glad you're home. With all you've faced these past weeks, you're allowed to be a bit skittish when things like a fever pop up. I'm sure just like with any recovery there will be little ups and downs, so try not to let it get to you. You must really be worn to a nub. Rest well and you'll be in my prayers.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom