I slept almost all day today and I'm hoping that I will sleep tonight too. That's the key for me right now I think. One of my daughters is coming tomorrow and she will go to the pharmacy for me. I started eating again and was able to have a sandwhich for dinner. Hopefully my appetite will continue to come back.
Excellent news! It is amazing how sleep deprivation can affect us! Glad the pain is being controlled and you have found something you can eat! Hang in there!
I slept fairly well last night and slept through taking my meds. I woke up in a lot of pain. I immediately took my mixture of pain meds and after 30-45 minutes later I had the pain under control. I'm being careful to follow my schedule today.
My middle daughter has taken my script to the pharmacy. I truly hope there is no problem getting them or else I will run out of them within the day. It's very frightening thinking that it's possible. I'll know in the next half hour.
She will do whatever she has to get them. She was the one with me on Thursday and saw how much pain I was in.
Success. My daughter was able to get the oxycodone without any difficulties at all. In fact the pharmacet who is working today asked about me. He told her I was healthy a couple of weeks ago and now I needed pain medications. She told him I had my knee replaced and he was hopeful I felt better soon. That's a normal person. Not one declining to give prescribed meds to people that need them. Hopefully this will be the last time I need to fill it. The PA gave me a script for OxyContin which is a long acting pain medication. When it comes time to fill it I will ask my neighbor to go there. I also filled a tramadol script today. At least I have no worries now concerning needed medications.
Yay! Oxy works the best for me at night and during the day I am now taking Tramadol. My OS and PA have been great about making sure I've got the right amount and correct pain meds. It's makes all the difference!
I am so glad to hear all the good news. Getting those needed pain meds is wonderful, especially that you didn't need to go through so much this time. I am thrilled to hear that you have started eating more and sleeping more. While I think the sleep is very important, I really think you should set an alarm for your pain meds during the night so you don't wake up in horrible pain every morning. Hopefully you can take the pill and go back to sleep.
I'm glad you got your pain meds OK, Marian. Keep taking them on time now, to keep that pain controlled.
It's really wrong that people who genuinely need pain medications have such a hard time and such worry before they can get them. I hope you won't have that problem again.
So glad you got the meds you needed. It's so crazy that those of us who really need these meds have an issue with these meds because people abuse them. Hope you start feeling less pain soon!
Glad to see that you are feeling better Marian and that you are getting the pain controlled. My jar of peanut butter and saltine crackers never left my bedside for nearly 2 months!
Fantastic news that you have your much needed pain meds now. Just getting that concern off of you has got to make you feel much better! Also, glad to hear you are able to eat some now. You are headed in the right direction!
I've been sleeping through the night and then I wake up in pain. I set my alarm but I've been so exhausted it doesn't wake me up at all. I'll have to go get my clock radio from my kitchen and try using that. It will keep giving the weather and alarming every 5 minutes until you turn it off. My table here in my family that I put everything I need may not have enough of room for it though.
I've been changing my dressing every day. The drainage is a little bit of blood. I'm using a non stick dressing covered by a small piece of gauze. They don't want me to do anything else with it at all. My appointment is Wednesday morning. The same daughter that took me last week is going to take me again. I love how all three of my girls have been helping me out.
Thank the Lord you are finally sleeping well. I pray your knee is infection free and soon painfree! How blessed you are to have your girls to help you through this!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.