Guest viewing is limited

TKR RickSt Post Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick ! how you doing ? I hope your wife is driving you to PT and that you are not driving the golf cart into town or onto the highway ! Are you using crutches or cane.??? Or walker. its great that your OS dropped in on you while doing PT. Were they gentle with you overall? What types of exercises did they have you do ? How did bike feel ? Well I hope your rehab goes well . During joint class they mentioned dental work post op for awhile. Risk of infection. I would honestly wait perhaps 5 months to maybe a year but that would depend on a few factors. I pray it doesnt end up to be a big lssue. Probably wont be. You are on top of it. Worst case scenario you can plug it with an eraser tip.:-). Ok Rick hang in there. Wishing you the best.

Yes,my wife is driving me to PT . It's a 19 mile ride from here . I use my walker when I go to PT but mostly my cane at home . Next week the walker goes back in the attic and I go strictly cane .

Exercises are the basics . A couple different types of heel slides, leg lifts, marches, kicks, extensions etc. they finish off with 10 minutes of ice . It all last about an hour .

My OS wants me to wait until March 18 to have any dental work done. He's already given me a script for an antibiotic to take before and written permission to have it .

If you bought any of your equipment , cane, crutches, walker,don't throw or give it away when you're done . You'll never know when you may need it again, especially as you get older . Loan it out if you want but don't get rid of it . I've had my walker for over 10 years since my spinal fusion .

Rick
 
True. I maybe looking at a ltkr in the future. Otherwise I will make sure it goes to someone that will need it. You know ... pay it forward ! I was wondering how you were getting around , actually worried. But now im at ease. The streets are safe. You sound like things are going par if not better, great !!! I feel the same way at this early stage. And I mean early. I guess I got too caught up in all the horror stories and feared a boogeyman. Weather here is very nice, maybe 60 degrees and very sunny. Maybe rain later today. My region needs it. Well my man, keep up the great work and dont get too bored and start fiddling around with you tooth !!!! Later.
 
True. I maybe looking at a ltkr in the future. Otherwise I will make sure it goes to someone that will need it. You know ... pay it forward ! I was wondering how you were getting around , actually worried. But now im at ease. The streets are safe. You sound like things are going par if not better, great !!! I feel the same way at this early stage. And I mean early. I guess I got too caught up in all the horror stories and feared a boogeyman. Weather here is very nice, maybe 60 degrees and very sunny. Maybe rain later today. My region needs it. Well my man, keep up the great work and dont get too bored and start fiddling around with you tooth !!!! Later.

Right now I'm using a cane I made a few years ago out of a small branch . We've ordered me a Hugo Quad Pro from Walgreens . Of course there is no way knowing how long I'll use it but it should be the last one I ever buy . I'm a bit stiff when I walk, some days more than others .

We're in the 80's here this week . Don't be surprised if the Daytona 500 gets rained out Sunday . We have a pretty good chance of rain this week end . Daytona is about an hour and a half from here .

Rick
 
Sorry Rick !! We my have tkrs in common but not nascar :-( 80 degrees sounds great though. I can dig it !

NASCAR is the only sport I can somewhat relate to . Just like race car drivers, truck drivers can feel what their truck is doing . We know loose and tight . What racers won't tell you is how they're feeling it and that's through their butts . Whether it be a race cars rear end slipping or a 53 ft trailer behind you, you feel that slippage right through your seat . It ain't pretty .

Rick
 
Here's what my 3 1/2 weeks post op looks like .

[Bonesmart.org] RickSt Post Op
 
Tomorrow is a day off from PT . I'll run through my homework exercises sometime . After limping the past two years full extension is the most uncomfortable . I find it extremely hard to keep my knee in any one position for any length of time . Even in my recliner it's stretch it out, draw it up, stretch it out, draw it up . Kind of like really slow heel slides . It does feel good not to have anything on my knee . Even all the steri-strips are gone .

Rick
 
I'm at 8 months and have a 1/3 tight band still. It may take a little bit longer for some. Others may lose the tight band earlier. I hope the tight band goes away quickly for you.

Don't do too much PT homework. :no-fin: Take it from an ODIC president. PT can wait some. Rest, Ice and Elevate. :ok: When it warms up a little bit more a swimming pool will help quite a bit. I like the 82 degree weather we had today. It was so beautiful!

Take care and I hope you don't get the brick layers union mad at you! :heehee:
 
I'm at 8 months and have a 1/3 tight band still. It may take a little bit longer for some. Others may lose the tight band earlier. I hope the tight band goes away quickly for you.

Don't do too much PT homework. :no-fin: Take it from an ODIC president. PT can wait some. Rest, Ice and Elevate. :ok: When it warms up a little bit more a swimming pool will help quite a bit. I like the 82 degree weather we had today. It was so beautiful!

Take care and I hope you don't get the brick layers union mad at you! :heehee:

I don't do swimming pools . We have a walk in pool that goes from 0 - 5 ft at our club house . My goal is to get back on my bike .

Rick
 
It seems to me that the first 3 weeks after surgery, the whole body is in a recovery mode . Not only does your knee hurt and feel different but the anesthesia is wearing off and you feel kinda down all over .

After week 3 your body is somewhat back to normal and everything is centered on your knee . It demands all your attention even when your body would like to do other things . Your knee has become your boss . An internal conflict begins .

Rick
 
Dear Rick. How are you ? Hope everything is coming along just fine.i bet you must be getting excited for Nascar. I work with 2 nascar fanatics at my job but different department. They sure are 2 characters. Im just saying ! Its great to hear you are progressing well. Im glad for you. Keep it up! Ive been doing alot lately because pain is hardly ever over a 4 and feel better since stopping oxy. Im sure my ROM is paying for this because of internal knee swell. Hit me up ill be around.
 
My wife says I have a hard time describing pain . She says I'm stoic . My pain has probably settled in at a 2 with all my moving around . I'm only taking generic Tylenol for pain . Sleeping through the night is still a bit of a problem . Every time I change positions my knee will fuss and it takes a bit to get it comfortable . Although I guess it is getting better . At least I can sleep on my side now .

I think the farther along we are in recovery, the more we expect and when we aren't where we think we should be we get disappointed in ourselves . It's not that we've fallen behind but that we've set those expectations too high too soon .

Rick
 
PT was good today . As soon as I got there they put me on the bike . Not to pedal but for knee extension but I started pedaling right off the bat without realizing what I was doing . My therapist said if it felt good then do it, so I did for 10 minutes . Other than that it was the routine exercises .

After PT my wife and I went for lunch then to Home Depot where I pushed a buggy and got in some good long walking . My next PT is Tuesday afternoon .

Rick
 
Rick you need to pick up taxes from Karringtyn. She finally dropped off her application for brick layer job. Nascar tomorrow. Petty gonna race Patrick? Keep up the great work. Be patient !
 
Rick you need to pick up taxes from Karringtyn. She finally dropped off her application for brick layer job. Nascar tomorrow. Petty gonna race Patrick? Keep up the great work. Be patient !

NASCAR last night, tonight, tomorrow and the big race Sunday . Tonight's the Camping World Truck Series race . Whether Danica ever wins a race is irrelevant, she brings attention and thus makes money .

Rick
 
Today I woke up with a good bit of swelling but not much pain . It's probably the weather . It's warm and humid . My movement is great so I'll take it all in stride as part of the process .

Rick
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom