Guest viewing is limited

TKR RickSt Post Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodmorning Sir ! Hows it going ?? You are doing great, so keep it up !! Not much happening on the left coast. Finished inhome therapy. Next week outpatient. Overall inhome was pleasant. They took it very easy on me . My appetite in the morning hasnt been great . Does your wife prepare all your meals or you doing some cooking ?? Watch out for that moonshine as it can affect the liver . Ok , keep in touch
 
Goodmorning Sir ! Hows it going ?? You are doing great, so keep it up !! Not much happening on the left coast. Finished inhome therapy. Next week outpatient. Overall inhome was pleasant. They took it very easy on me . My appetite in the morning hasnt been great . Does your wife prepare all your meals or you doing some cooking ?? Watch out for that moonshine as it can affect the liver . Ok , keep in touch

Doing well, thank you . I'm now half way done with PT . My OS will want me to use a cane for 12 weeks then I'll be a free man . My wife is doing all the cooking now but I did it for a long time so I don't feel guilty about it .

Rick
 
My OS says you're 80% healed at 6 weeks . That means I'm probably at 60% now . I'll buy that . Changes at this stage are subtle but often . You don't really notice them because they are things that in the past have been seen as normal .

Rick
 
Thats a great point Rick .. monday will be 3 weeks for me . Time is moving right along . Hows weather today over there in the sunshine state ? I could see through the cracks that its sunny here. Its not even 10 am , yet. We had 2 days of pretty good rain . where abouts in Florida are you ?
 
Thats a great point Rick .. monday will be 3 weeks for me . Time is moving right along . Hows weather today over there in the sunshine state ? I could see through the cracks that its sunny here. Its not even 10 am , yet. We had 2 days of pretty good rain . where abouts in Florida are you ?

Going up to 73 and sunny . We live in Leesburg . We're about 45 minutes from most of the attractions and an hour and a half from either coast .

Rick
 
Going up to 81 here in the central part of the Sunshine State today . We are so glad we moved here . If I were still working this would have been my worst winter driving in 25 years . I would have been in all that snow and cold .

Our best friends in the world are coming over today to put anti glare film on some of our windows . I can't do it because it involves climbing a ladder and I'm not quite up to that yet . Close but not quite .

Rick
 
5 more visits, 2 more this week and 3 next week and I'm done . Contrary to my OS's wishes, I have started driving again and it feels good . The only pain med I take is generic Tylenol and usually only take it before bed . My walking is good and getting better albeit with a slight limp . I'm only stiff when I first get up to begin walking . Overall I am very happy with my progress and so is my therapist . I see my OS again next Tuesday .

Rick
 
Congratulations Mr Rick . You are having a textbook recovery, maybe ahead of schedule. I guess a limp is gonna be one of the last things to go since we have limped for years . At least I did . I use my hip alot subconsciously, always compensating for my knee. I need to work on that . Yeah lucky you! Retired . I have atleast 15 years to go max. Alot depends on some property in san Francisco that can ease things abit for me. Time will tell plus a hard headed sibling. Weather in the east has horrific. Fortunately you landed in the sunshine state . Well Rick .im getting tired . Keep it rolling !:dancy::happydance:
 
Congratulations Mr Rick . You are having a textbook recovery, maybe ahead of schedule. I guess a limp is gonna be one of the last things to go since we have limped for years . At least I did . I use my hip alot subconsciously, always compensating for my knee. I need to work on that . Yeah lucky you! Retired . I have atleast 15 years to go max. Alot depends on some property in san Francisco that can ease things abit for me. Time will tell plus a hard headed sibling. Weather in the east has horrific. Fortunately you landed in the sunshine state . Well Rick .im getting tired . Keep it rolling !:dancy::happydance:

Before TKR my left ankle was more painful than my right knee . Since surgery I have no pain in my ankle . I'm hoping the same goes for my back when I get to walking more . I already have 4 rods and 6 screws in my lower back . I'm fused L4 L5, L5 S1 .

Rick
 
Not much on my end today . It rained all morning and part of the afternoon . With the rain came a stiffer knee . I went to PT then we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner . So all is good in the Sunshine State .

Rick
 
Hey Miister , keep up the great work . Im so glad your recovery has been uneventful. Your a role model . You take your time , dont overdo it, like some knuckleheads I know ! How you like driving ? It must be hard for you to get in and out of your car, you know , being a midget and all. To see over the steering wheel. Ive been to 2 OPT , I couldnt ask for a cooler therapist. Very gentle and patient . Plus we talk sports non stop , right in my wheelhouse. Im going twice a week . My flexion is low but went up 20 degress since my last visit . I was so stressed I started thinking im a failure. And already asked him what he knew about MUAs. He said dont be silly , your only 3 weeks , you know what happened to your knee, like a carpenter was in there. And that ill be fine . He massages my leg and feel instant relief, my GF Ratchet has given me 1 massage in 3 weeks . Its feels good and I really dont care if a man does it or not . Well Rick , gotta go , my appetite is healthy.
 
Hey Miister , keep up the great work . Im so glad your recovery has been uneventful. Your a role model . You take your time , dont overdo it, like some knuckleheads I know ! How you like driving ? It must be hard for you to get in and out of your car, you know , being a midget and all. To see over the steering wheel. Ive been to 2 OPT , I couldnt ask for a cooler therapist. Very gentle and patient . Plus we talk sports non stop , right in my wheelhouse. Im going twice a week . My flexion is low but went up 20 degress since my last visit . I was so stressed I started thinking im a failure. And already asked him what he knew about MUAs. He said dont be silly , your only 3 weeks , you know what happened to your knee, like a carpenter was in there. And that ill be fine . He massages my leg and feel instant relief, my GF Ratchet has given me 1 massage in 3 weeks . Its feels good and I really dont care if a man does it or not . Well Rick , gotta go , my appetite is healthy.

My therapist tells me what to do after I've went through all the ones I remember and puts ice on my knee when I'm done . Other than that we may talk a few times across the room . I don't need much attention .

Rick
 
Yay! Glad to hear things are going so well!
 
I really could do without the morning stiffness . Yesterday was warm but rainy and today is cool and humid so far . Some days 2 Tylenol at night is all I take . This is not one of those days .

Rick
 
It's an absolutely beautiful day here in the Sunshine State . Temps are in the 70's and not a cloud in the sky . We went to church and now I'm sitting out back in the sun watching Claudia pull weeds . Life is good .

Rick
 
Thats great news , got to love the weather. I never left California so I never really experienced the humidity mixed in with the heat ,that occurs in the southern states.! Life is good !! It does get boring from time to time . But in a couple of months we will be out there ! , testing these darn knees . Until than , take it easy.
 
Here is our 10 day outlook .
[Bonesmart.org] RickSt Post Op
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom