Guest viewing is limited

TKR RickSt Post Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
That weather is pretty boring itself!

It beats the hell out of cold, snow and ice . I'm from Indiana and lived in Arkansas for about 9 years . I was a truck driver so I spent plenty of time in it . If this is boring, I'll take it .

Rick
 
Hey Rick, where in Indiana did you live? I live there the first 35 years of my life. Born in Gary loved Indianapolis. But none of them compare to tucson
 
Hey Rick, where in Indiana did you live? I live there the first 35 years of my life. Born in Gary loved Indianapolis. But none of them compare to tucson

I'm from Southeastern Indiana, close to Cincinnati . The last house I owned there was in Milan .

Rick
 
Today was my 6 week post op mark so according to my OS, I should have hit 80% healed . Personally, I think I'm ahead of that . I went and got a haircut, had the car washed, went to the super market and took Luci to the vet . When I can get back on my bicycle and can ride 6-10 miles 4 times a week, I'll consider myself at 100% .

Rick
 
Hey Rickster , not too much happening . Ive been basically just staying home. Not bouncing off the walls yet. Pain not an issue , lack of sleep and tightness an issue . Im not overdoing it any longer . Im elevating alot still , to lazy to get ice everytime, im down to a few hours aday of ice. Not much of a difference either way at this point . whats new ? Alright have a great day .
 
Today is another good day . I had a meeting here at Legacy this morning then PT and OS visit this afternoon . Two more visits and I'm done with PT . My doctor took 2 x-rays of my knee and said it looks good . I can get back on my bike in another month . He said by that time the tendons and ligaments will be healed . I see him again in May . We went to the Ramshackle Cafe in Leesburg to eat .

Rick
 
Do you mean bicycle or motorcycle ! I looked in my garage yesterday and saw my motorcycle just sitting there , plus spring is in the air , this weather is great and for a second I wanted to ride . But no way ! Ill wait a couple of more months , plus the left leg is the most important one when riding a motorcycle . Ill agree with you as far as the weather , ill take sunshine over rain , snow , clouds anyday . Plus I lived in northern California my whole life . In fact If I could I would love to live in Hawaii. ! Oceans mountains , greenery and redwood trees and city life in my area. Gotta love it. Well rick , congratulations on your near completion of PT. You certainly set the tone . Take care
 
Do you mean bicycle or motorcycle ! I looked in my garage yesterday and saw my motorcycle just sitting there , plus spring is in the air , this weather is great and for a second I wanted to ride . But no way ! Ill wait a couple of more months , plus the left leg is the most important one when riding a motorcycle . Ill agree with you as far as the weather , ill take sunshine over rain , snow , clouds anyday . Plus I lived in northern California my whole life . In fact If I could I would love to live in Hawaii. ! Oceans mountains , greenery and redwood trees and city life in my area. Gotta love it. Well rick , congratulations on your near completion of PT. You certainly set the tone . Take care

Bicycle , as much as I want another motorcycle, my wife is dead set against it . I let my last bike, a Yamaha Virago, go with my divorce from my first wife .

Florida is our home for the rest of our lives . The weather is better for our health and we like to go on cruises . Living here means that for most cruises we won't have to deal with airfare because we can drive to all the ports . This Alaskan cruise is a one time deal .

Rick
 
One more time ! One more time ! That's all the PT I have left . Tomorrow is graduation day .

Rick
 
I have graduated ! They sent me home with a list of the exercises I've been doing plus one I haven't . My PT was exactly what BS teaches . Nothing was hard and I was never pushed to do anything . Most of the time I went in and did everything on my own without being told . My ROM is 124 and extension is 1 .

Rick
 
BRAVO !! Well, you are on your own now ! Take it easy. Dont do too much . Driving now is a non event . I dont even remember how I drove around yesterday and I drove alot and did alot . Today just watching tv, elevated and iced . A lazy day . Bye
 
New knees don't like rainy days . Not enough pain to take anything for it but an occasional annoyance to let me know it's still there .

Rick
 
I think I have a different PT than others. I do ALL sorts of crazy things compared to what I read on here. MY home exercises are what I do at home. I use bands, belts, machines, and all sorts of things.

Congrats on grad. Sounds like you are doing well!!
 
Today I went and tried to shoot pool . I lasted 3 games and gave in . It wasn't bad but uncomfortable . I decided not to push it however.....I did sign up for an 8 Ball tournament on Monday . I did this because my wife and her friends are playing cards at our house Monday afternoon . Besides , there will be free pizza and unless I get a really good partner, I won't last long in the tournament .

Rick
 
Another pizza party on bonesmart. WOW . My dad was a great pool player while im pretty good at ping pong .! REALLY. I spent years every summer playing pong. I dont blame you for wanting to escape the house for a couple of hours . But remember you dont want to gain that weight back . alright Rick , keep up the great work .
 
Just thought I'd jump in to say life for me is almost back to normal . Tomorrow I am going to start riding my bike again . Today was the first time since surgery I actually went up and down stairs and did it with no problem . My walk is limp free most of the time except for those first few steps . My knee is still swollen some but it is gradually going down and there is no pain.

I wish everyone well .

Rick

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
That's it. No ups and downs. Consistency is key. I'm talking about the weather. Not ur steps. By the way what part of Florida is that never heard of it. Just curious. My daughter is in Tampa for the winter otherwise she moved to Chicago from ny last year for work. She will be going back to Chicago in may. My mom has a place in adventura and lots of friends and family in ft lauderdale area
WellGood luck with ur recovery
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Rickster, well done. I want to thank you for motivation and kind words in my early part of recovery. It made that part fun and light hearted. Those were real lonely days as I was home alone while GF was at her work or at her house. Im glad we are recovering well. Im still very cautious of what I do and where I go. Ill be 7 weeks tomorrow. Im gonna start lifting weights tomorrow as I need to build strength up as I go to work in 5 weeks. Im flying to LA area in a couple of weeks to visit some family. Well Rick , hope Claudia and the dog are doing well . Best wishes
 
That's it. No ups and downs. Consistency is key. I'm talking about the weather. Not ur steps. By the way what part of Florida is that never heard of it. Just curious. My daughter is in Tampa for the winter otherwise she moved to Chicago from ny last year for work. She will be going back to Chicago in may. My mom has a place in adventura and lots of friends and family in ft lauderdale area
WellGood luck with ur recovery

Leesburg is half way between Ocala and Orlando on US 27 . Just east of where 75 and the turnpike split .

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom