Guest viewing is limited

TKR RickSt Post Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear you're doing so well. :)
 
So here I am 10 weeks out and doing great . I'm preaching to others not to overdue it and what do I do ? I overdue it . Last week I started riding my bike again . The first day I rode 6.3 miles . The second day I did 10.3 and it felt good . I was riding in lower gears so I wasn't putting undo stress on my knee . Today I apparently forgot it all . I rode 11 miles and did much of it in higher gears to build up quad strength . Maybe that wasn't a good idea . I'm not having any pain but I can feel a bit more puffiness than usual . So maybe I should settle into riding just 8 miles a day 3 or 4 days a week . I think I'll take tomorrow off from bike riding and give my knee a rest . Maybe I'll power wash the driveway and sidewalk . It's all painted and needs a good spring cleaning .

Rick

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
BTW, here's my ride . It a Giant Cypress DX XL, 24 speed . I have a computer on it that tells my speed, trip meter, odometer, clock and timer . I also have a headlight, tail light and holder for my phone and a bell . There us a small bag behind and under the seat to hold other stuff . This picture was taken before I added most of that stuff .
[Bonesmart.org] RickSt Post Op



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey @RickSt nice ride!!! I'm just a few days from my TKR and will be ready to get back on my bike sometime this summer. I have signed up to do the Oklahoma MS 150 ride again this year in September. Not sure how much of the 150 I will be able to do, but hopefully I will be able to participate. Sorry about making the knee puffy. It is hard when you feel good not to overdue for sure!!
 
@RickSt love your driveway and nice green grass!! And leaves on the trees!!!

We bought this house last year and the prior owner's last name began with an I . Changing it to an S hasn't been a priority . As far as the leaves on the trees, they never all fall off like they do in Indiana where I'm from or Arkansas where we lived before moving here . We don't have any palm trees in our yard but they're all over here .

Rick

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Rick , hows it going . Glad to hear you are out and about. 10 weeks already , than I must be 8 weeks out. Im happy for you . You are fortunate. I have no compIaints either . I took my motorcycle out on a 40 mile ride today. Weather just too irresistible. I had been wanting to ride for about a week now. And im going to purchase a mountain bike by summertime. That might have to be my healthy hobby because basketball is too hi impact. I had no problem at all riding the motorcycle , the left leg is the primary leg in riding one and my right one got replaced. So no problemo. Take care Rick .. keep up the great work .
 
Wow, thanks guys. You are giving me some hope. I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel
but I know it is there.
 
Wow, thanks guys. You are giving me some hope. I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel
but I know it is there.
Some of us travel through the tunnel quicker than others but you will come out the other end .

Rick

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Busy day here in the Sunshine State . We went to our community breakfast this morning then I got ambitious enough to power wash our driveway and sidewalk . It sure is nice being back to normal .

For those of you just beginning the journey we call TKR, you will make it and soon it will be a distant memory . Just as with the weather, a storm is just a passing thing and the sun will come back out again .

Rick

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Rick I couldnt agree more . I sometimes have to pinch myself . I went to a ballgame yesterday , my buddy drove the 100 mile round trip. Went early to shag foul balls during batting practice and sat the whole 9 innings than spent 2 hours in chinatown in san Francisco . After that another hour to get home . I couldnt be happier with how the knee held up. I did take tramadol and tylenol with me . Both knees held up great . Its hard to not open my front door and scream YAHOOOO ! So happy . And I turn 49 this week . I see that light so bright at that tunnel . I can only imagine how much better its gonna get . Take care Rick .
 
Wow, thanks guys. You are giving me some hope. I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel
but I know it is there.
Yes---these times are slow for many of us, and we all recover at different rates and in different ways.

You will reach that destination of being fully recovered---just take it one day at a time and do not worry ab out it---you will get there!
 
BTW, here's my ride . It a Giant Cypress DX XL, 24 speed . I have a computer on it that tells my speed, trip meter, odometer, clock and timer . I also have a headlight, tail light and holder for my phone and a bell . There us a small bag behind and under the seat to hold other stuff . This picture was taken before I added most of that stuff .
[Bonesmart.org] RickSt Post Op



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
One of my bikes is a Giant Rapid 2-- a great fitness bike. I also have a Specialized road bike. you will get great use out of the Giant!
 
One of my bikes is a Giant Rapid 2-- a great fitness bike. I also have a Specialized road bike. you will get great use out of the Giant!
It has almost 1000 miles on it now . I got it last spring .

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom