Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I'm so sorry. I'll hope for a quick recovery for her so you can go home and rest-it has to be difficult to care for her while you are still recovering yourself. Take care and take it as easy as possible.
 
Forgot to mention, she was called for jury duty, LOL. If the don't mind sending an ambulance for her with a nurse. Go figure what are they thinking.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @Pumpkln

I'm sorry to hear about your moms recovery. Just please take care of yourself too. Caring is wearing and no one cares for the carer always. Please try not to overdo it, you sound absolutely worn out.

Love Nama moon 27 xxxx
 
Omg Chris

That's so stupid. You couldn't make it up, as they say over here. That just beggars belief. Jury duty???????? :holysheep::censored: Unbelievable aren't they. Is there not an age cut off for that service? Scary xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hello and Good Morning Chris @Pumpkln

Hoping that your Mum is more comfortable and her medications are working to ease her pain.
As Ann @Nana moon 27 says above, also important that you are able to find time for you to rest and ice.

It is very hard to be a carer (my Mum lived with us for several years during her initial stages of Alzheimer's) and still find time to meet your own needs and those of other family members.

Take care and you are in my thoughts,
Cathie
 
Haven't seen Mom yet today. No phone calls. No news is good news DH is there now.
My knee is fairing well so far. I keep it up in her apartment, swam yesterday, there is a beautiful gym and pool here.
Feeling like I am floating in a sturdy little boat, but with no paddles, no motor, and no tiller. Will just go where it takes me, confident it won't sink.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Pumpkln Sounds like you have found the silver lining in the cloud. The pool sounds wonderful! I wish I had access to a pool-I really do need to get my gym membership here re-upped. I just hate to pay all that for use of only the pool-eventually I'll be able to avail myself of all their equipment and classes, then it'll be worth the price. I was able to swim this last vacation in the river-I floated around on a pool float also-it was so relaxing. We're scheduled to fly to Az next month, as long as my knee decides to cooperate and get better, and I'll be able to use the pool and hot tub at the hotel-I can't wait.
 
Took mom to the Dr. It was extremely painful for her. I wrote a rant on Facebook, which I won't repeat here about the FDA new regulations. We did get her admitted to the nursing home where she lives. Her caregivers will be with her for the transition. They expect to keep her for a few weeks.
My knee is holding up today. We will see what it has to say at 3AM.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Pumpkln So sorry you have to go through all this, especially at this time. But I guess life happens, and we have to live through it sometimes; other times we get to sail through it. I hope your knee gives you a break! Take care.
 
Hi @Pumpkln it makes you mad to the core when some jobsworth somewhere, comes up with an idea that in theory looks good but in reality causes real pain and issues to the elderly or vulnerable. I think a rant to a newspaper is in order here. I bet there's loads of people like you, really fed up of the situation who would willingly come forward.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this Chris

Take care now
Love Ann xxx
 
We went back to her apartment, and ate out of her refrigerator, a rather eclectic meal, an Arnold Palmer drink, sausage, cottage cheese, bread, cheese, and pickles.
We then went back to her room, to find a more comfortable, chipper woman, talkling about how many reservations we need for Thanksgiving dinner. :)
I know I made the right decison to move her to the nursing home, and how fortunate we were they had a bed for her.
I have to say I am pleased with how my knee is doing, there is discomfort, but none of that unrelenting pain I have had for so long. Keeping my :fingersx:, that it lasts.
Looks like we will be here until Sunday at least. I have had to clear my schedule, and am very disappointed that I am going to miss the class where I was going to assist the instructor this weekend. I do not see how I could have made it with all that is happening here.
Thank you for all your support going through all of this,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Pumpkln Chris,

That's good news about your mom, especially now she's talking about thanksgiving. I'm so pleased that she has improved x

It is a pity about you missing the class, I hope there will be another opportunity to do so xxx

Chris, it's a pleasure to support you. You're always around and supporting everyone. It's nice that we can repay your kindness.

Take care
All my love Ann xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom