Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

With all this activity my knee is doing OK, woke up last night and it was telling me to go easy. I must have fallen back asleep, I woke up a few hours later, and realized I had no pain meds in the middle of the night.
I have been mixing walking with and with out my crutches, if my knee fells tired, crutches, if not I forget and go without them.
Had my Mothers fall happened a month ago this would have been a lot more painful for my knee.

The make cookies every day for visitors where Mom is so we have something to look forward too today, and Mom wants one too.:yes:
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

I could detect a calmness in your last posts, now that your Mum is well settled into the Nursing Home and that her care givers will be there for the transition. I could almost hear the relief in your voice.

May I wash you and your Mum better days to come.
Cathie
 
Hi @Pumpkln

I'm so glad your mom is settling down. It's a good sign if she wants cookies!! I'm so glad your knee has held up through this. It sounds like your surgery was certainly successful with the way it's holding up xxx

Take care Chris
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I am just plain old tired, unseasonably warm 92 degrees.
Knee needed a bit mure crutch walking today, seems to be doing OK so far.
Getting more x rays for Mom tomorrow I think they missed some thing at the ER. She is hurting too much.
Hope everyone had a healthy healing day.
@nana moon27, I am beginning to think this revision might just work out.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I am so glad @Pumpkln that you are feeling that your revision is successful - it makes so much difference to every day happiness x

Sorry to hear you mom is still in pain - you are right worth double checking nothing has been missed.

Shortie xx
 
Hi @Pumpkln I have to agree with you. That revision seems to be working......cross everything for you xxx I'm not surprised your plain old tired. It's been very hectic and worrying with your mom. I hope they find what's causing her pain at ER xxxxx thinking of you as always.

Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

I'm not surprised you feel worn out & tired, even the heat alone would cause that.

But, you are a few months post-op, you've had to travel to take care of your mother, the travel and emotions that were part of that journey would be tiring.

Had to organise your mother's pain medication, admission to a nursing care facility, go to her apartment, not sleeping in your own bed. Not in charge of your own routine while away from home.

I'm am exhausted just thinking about all the you have done in the last week !

Wishing you better days to come,
Cathie
 
@Shortie , @Nana moon 27 , @marmora ,
Slept in this morning, not going to rush over to see Mom, Boy am I tired. Icing my knee right now, it feels so good.
I have had a bruise where the ITB goes over the implant since July, with all the walking and activity I was worried it would be worse, but it is the same :). My knee seems to have found a new lower threshold of complaining when I over do.
We, meaning DH is sorting through the papers on top of her desk, found stuff we can toss, and have organized everything else so I can find it later. Whew, she will be pleased when she comes home.
I have been demoted to daughter in law, DH is now the son. His mother did the same thing when she was mad at him. :heehee:
We are very fortunate that we have access to all her place provides, Gym, Pool, dining room, and beautiful grounds to walk. Where she lives is located in the remains of an old oak forest that covered the California valley 150 years ago.
 
It sounds like a lovely place @Pumpkln. I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy. I'm going to do that tomorrow. I'm not being lazy. When I rest on the bed I do regular quad squeezes into the mattress. The only thing is I've developed a clunk again. I'm just hoping that it's settling in that's all. It's such early days. It's like there's something wrong with my head. Like I haven't had this last op. Only the one before. Weird xxx

I had to smile about being demoted to daughter in law. That was so funny but true x x x x

Love Ann x x x x
 
Here are some photos my Brother took of the Blood Moon

[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Waiting in ER, x ray I insisted on showed a break in her hip. They are doing a CT scan.
Talk about picking a surgeon on short notice.
We are relieved to know why she was so miserable. She is relieved too.
Thanks everyone for you thoughts and prayers.
I will keep posting as I know more.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Wow, Chris, @Pumpkln , what a good job you insisted on another X-Ray!

I'm sorry your mother has teh hip fracture, but at least you know the cause of her pain and, hopefully, she will receive the appropriate treatment.
 
Just hanging our in the ER, shocking conditions. Ours are much better in Nevada.
Staff is competent and nice so far.
She has most of the pre op completed, so far so good.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Feels like joint replacement on The fly. CT scan is next to confirm the fracture.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Chris @Pumpkln

Warm thoughts for your mother and also for you & your husband at this time.
Now you all have an answer as to why she was in so much pain.

It will be a long day and night for you, please do also take care of you - if possible while sitting in ER.

Cathie
 
From my perspective, it was a lot different from joint replacement. The initial surgery for my hip fracture was an emotional trauma in a way that my THR never was. One minute, I was just living my life. Then my life changed in a very big, very negative way and it took a long, long time to get things back on track. It was a really horrible experience on a lot of levels.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
My thought is they will do a THR sometime in the next 24 hrs. She is 91.
Morphine is on board, she is snoring lightly.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Back
Top Bottom