Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

My leg has more discoloration today above and below my knee, not sure what is causing this. My knee also feels yucky (for lack of another description). The discoloration and yucky feeling improved in PT today with some gentle manual therapy. I am not taking anything that would cause bleeding, and my circulation is good.
The only change is the lidocane patches, thinking I will drop them for a few days, and go back to wearing them during the day.
My circulation is good, it may be something with my nervous system and all the nerve damage I have in my peroneal nerve, from the stretch injury almost 3 years ago.

The color is still better, and the yucky feeling is less. I will see what happens over night.

This just wears me down sometimes, and this is one of those days,

That is my whine for the day :heehee:
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

Don't be concerned about a whine or a moan, that's the lovely aspect of BoneSmart.
It's the place we can do just that when needed.

Take care and hope that your yucky feeling is gone tomorrow,
Cathie
 
Pumpkln....sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it. Hope things are better soon. Recovery can be so very tiring at times! It just gets old!
 
Pumkin , I am so sorry to hear that you are having some days that are ruff. I know you are tired of this but do keep going, it will get better. Tashia.
 
Hi @Pumpkln the pool party sounded just great with a firework finale. That's wonderful. I'm sorry you're having such a rotten time with pain, discolouration. I was very interested in the lymphatic massage as that is what Freddy (French physio) used to do for me. He worked miracles on my faulty leg with massage. I'll see how I'm fixed in a few weeks and see if I can afford one session with him xxx I'm hoping to get some physio after I've seen the OS in a couple of weeks xxxx

I hope you have a really good day today. Thank you for your support after the revision. It truly is TKR all over again. The hospital I just came from doesn't push you like the previous one did. They're very much into the take it easy, you'll recover at your own rate etc. Very surprising.

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx xox (big hug) xxxxxx
 
I am wiped out today. I had a Zero Balancing massage session yesterday, it is more of an energetic method, like Reiki.
My back has not been this relaxed in years, and my knee feels better.
Won't be writing much today, :yawn: too tired,
 
Felt good enough to cut back my nite time pain med. Here I am up with knee pain. Took the full dose and feeling better, will be able to sleep once I turn this screen off.
Or maybe it will just clunk on my face as I fall asleep.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's




Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Turned the screen off before it clunked on my face :heehee:.
And slept pretty well after that.
My knee is acting up today, maybe I did too much yesterday. Household walking, went to the store, stayed in the front, :shrug:, dosen't seem like much.
Oh, well back to my :mcoffee:.
 
Hi Chris, @Pumpkln

Yes, it's hard to know what is enough to do and when it's too much.
Never really know until the next day.

I seem to keep falling into that trap of doing too much and then knowing all about it later.
And yet, if I have a total rest day, the knee and leg still gets stiff and sore.
It seems doing too little can also have it's problems.

Have a good weekend,
Cathie
 
Today's beautiful Nevada sky.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@pumpkin - I like it! However, my wife thinks just about anything west of Dallas/Ft Worth to be too "brown" for her taste. Green golf courses are enough to satisfy me! :heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom