Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@Pumpkln Glad you are getting some sleep. I know what you mean about balance when it comes to a recovering TKR-it's darned if you do and darned if you don't.......lol.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @Pumpkln I absolutely loved the pic of The Nevada sky. It looked heavenly. How nice to be able to have uninterrupted views with no factories or housing or shops. Love it xxx

How are you feeling today? I noticed you've had a couple of yucky ones? Xxx

Oh and I really laughed at the iPad clunk! I'm very familiar with that. My husband has had to remove off it off my arms some nights. The worst and worrying clunk is when it hits the bedroom carpet like last night. Thank fully it's in a case and it seems to be ok xxx


Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Phil, lots of golf here, 50+ courses nearby. Alpine forests are only a half hr away, you wife will be happy too.
We have a bad drought, going to be very brown for awhile I am afraid.

Been resting, my knee seems better. Or it could be I am just healing some more. The beautiful weather this weekend sure is helping my mood.

Time to put the screen down, don't want to look like Kim's attachment, LOL.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Mom fell yesterday, she was refusing her pain meds, and now has been in the ER twice. We are leaving later today so see what is going on, and to make sure she is taking those medications every 4 to 6 hours to stay on top of her pain.
Of course I did not sleep well last night, and that was will all screens banished from the bedroom. My knee was not too happy last night, and kept me up.
Busy packing, glad I have a travel list of everything I will need.
 
Oh @Pumpkln I'm so sorry to hear about your mom falling, on top of you having a bad night with your knee!!! I hope that she is ok. My thoughts are with you Chris and I hope all goes ok. Please take care love Ann x x x x
Positive thoughts and prayers winging their way across the pond to you x x x x please be safe too x x x
 
Thank you @lovetocookandsew and @Nana moon 27 , and everyone else reading my thread for your encouragement. Mom will be fine, she is 91 1/2, she says she is 92 :heehee:.
I just want to keep her comfortable, so she keep going out with her friends for lunch and martinis :cheers2:.
I am going to be sure she :elevate:, and takes her :chillpill:, and some :ice: on those sore spots.
 
Hi Chris @Pumpkln

So good to hear that your Mum will be fine, it can be a worry for all the family.
With you there, she should be comfortable and safe.

Love that she is still going out with the "girls" for Martini & Lunch at 92, my kinda of gal .

Cathie
 
Made it to Mom's, she is sleeping.
Uneventful ride, icing right now.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi Chris @Pumpkln

I'm sorry your mother had a fall, but glad she is going to be all right.

I hope your journey goes well. Please look after yourself, too.
 
Norco rant: mom is going to run out tomorrow, we have to make a Dr appointment, get her to the car, drive, get her into the office, wait, go in the office, get her a script, take her home. Go to pharmacy and fill.
Her pain is an 8 - 9, she yelps with each step, she is 91 years and our FDA is going to put her through this because some naive kid or adult did not know better.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Chris @Pumpkln

I hear your Norco rant, and all that your Mum and you have to go through to get her renewed medication.
Your Mum is 91 and if you hadn't come down to her how would she get all this done ?

The FDA needs to look at situations such as your Mum's and make it stress free for the elderly !

Hopefully, the process will go smoothly and when you have your Mum home and with her medication her pain level will decrease and she will be comfortable.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Thanks Cathie,
We will see what happens today with the Dr.
My Brother who lives here would be doing most of this, it is not fair to him. When this happens we come down ASAP to step in, or my other brother comes if we can't. My brother here is exausted with two trips to the ER in two days.
Mom has caregivers who are with her around the clock, she does not like us seeing her like this. We run all the outside errands, and leave when she is in a bad way. She has had some of them for several years and they take good care of her.

My knee has done well with the trip, I feel silly driving from our building to hers, but it is the wise thing to do for now.
 
H @Pumpkln what a terrible thing the rigmarole you have to go through to get your moms meds because of someone's incompetency. Pain at that level the poor woman. The frustration of your situation, I'm so sorry! Oh Chris I can sense your anger. That's a rotten system for care of the elderly, especially pain management.

I know she'll settle once she gets the meds in her system but why didn't someone in ER give her a pain relieving shot? It makes me mad how the elderly are treated on both sides of the Atlantic. Something needs to change for our ageing population. It's just not being catered for xxxx

I'm glad she has her family and good caregivers. It's what's needed for a good care team. What pleased me was when I read how she'd got some of the same caregivers for years. That's lovely continuity of care.

I'll look out for more posts a little later off you. Please take care Chris, love Ann xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 ,
She has enough pain mes to last until tomorror, thank goodness.
Part of her pain problem is she won't take them on schedule :hairpulling:.
I appreciate you support, it helps get past this early healing with her.
 
Hi @pumpk1n it is very difficult to get older people to take meds. My father in law takes his painkillers until they work, then stops them and wonders why he's in pain!!! We have tried to explain the importance of taking them regularly but he's of the unbending opinion that you only take something until the pain goes off. That's enough. Ooh it's ever so frustrating xxx

Anytime you want a chat I'll be around xxx

Big hugs Chris
Love Ann xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom