Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Are they planning THR or hemiarthroplasty? My grandmother broke both her hips. (Separate incidents, thank goodness!) She had hemiarthroplasty both times. I don't think the outcome was as good as THR, but they did last the rest of her life.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
They said Mom had an insignificant fracture of the hip, not sure I accept that explaination, she cannot weight bear. She also has a bladder infection and her BP is out of control. They will admit her to get everything under contol. She was happy to get morphine, her pain was finally controlled. Her caregiver will be with her until 9 AM, we are at home to sleep.
My knee is holding up well!
 
Chris @Pumpkln

A long night for you, hopefully sleep and comfort will come the minute your head hits the pillow.
Sweet dreams, you need the rest. As it sounds, like it is not over yet.

Take care,
Cathie x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
about your mum, @Pumpkln. Know this causes extra stress and worry for you. I'll be keeping both of you in my prayers.

Tell me about your new avatar----is it because you're feeling that you're on the dark side? I do find it a bit eerie.
 
My avatar is the Darth Vadar balloon from our balloon raises in September.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Chris, I am so glad you now know whats up. I hope and pray that it is taken care of asap. Of all things to happen but the good news it can be taken care off. Prayers go out to both of you and your family. Take it slow. Tashia
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Oh Chris, thank goodness they've found s what's up with your lovely mom. The bladder infection will make her feel very poorly at her age, let alone the rest of her trouble. Im glad that the morphine has kicked in and she's out of bad pain for a while.

Chris, with your background you know what's what as regards X-rays etc. They'll have a shock if they try to fob you off on the grounds of age. That happens a lot over here. Does it go on over there?

I'm thinking of you. I hope you're ok, Chris I'm here for you x x x x we all are!!!

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
@Pumpkln So sorry you have to go through all this. I hope your mom gets well soon and you can also go home soon. Don't judge Ca hospitals based on one-ours here are immaculate and there is never a wait. They've somehow eliminated any wait time here and get you through triage and into an ER bed right away. And there's usually at least one nurse waiting in your room for you, then the doc comes in quite soon after.

@Nana moon 27 In my experience here, age isn't a factor for treatment, unless one chooses not to have something done, etc.
 
No worries about here age, they are going to do an MRI. Her CT scan showed nothing.
Caregiver with her and will call us when she goes for the MRI, then we will head back to the hospital.
If MRI shows a fracture, she will be off to surgery, if not they have to get her UTI under control and get the poop fairy working.
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Thank goodness for that. I have to say your health care system is pretty good over there. Totally different to here. I just posted in response to lovetocookandsew over on her thread so I didn't derail yours.

I'm so relieved your moms getting the right treatment xxxx

How are you? Xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Chris, how is your knee doing through all this? I hope you're still feeling okay.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
My knee is holding up, a month ago this would not have been the case. It seems to have a maximum level of discomfort, and does not go beyond that, no matter what the activity level. Let's hope these are not famous last words.
Right now I am very upset that my Mother has fasted 30 hours, with no food in sight, I think this is too much for a 91 yo prior to a major surgery. What are they thinking?
I have a call into the nurses station and am waiting for them to call back. I want them to feed her and start a fast at midnight for tomorow if surgery is going to happen after the MRI. They have been dragging their feet so what is the big rush?
I think I will have a book of health care rants after this experience is over.
Thanks for asking @alexthecat .
 
I am relieved too! I was fasted for almost 40 hours before my first hip surgery because no one seemed to be able to communicate with anyone else at the hospital. It was crazy! I hope your mother enjoys her dinner.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Chris @Pumpkln

I'm so glad your mother is going to be fed a reasonable time prior to her possible surgery. Sometimes I think these things get forgotten, through sheer thoughtlessness. That doesn't excuse it, though.
I hope things go well for your mother.

Now, please look after yourself, too! I'm glad your knee is behaving itself, but do be kind to it and to yourself as well.
Caryl
 
Wow I'm relieved too to read that your moms getting food at last. That's ludicrous to expect someone that age to not have food etc for that length of time xxx please get some rest if you can Chris. Xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom