Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

My SI joint decided to act up last night, woke up around 2am with that familiar feeling. Got up and did some exercises, and took a pain med, was able to sleep until 5. Now have the TENs running, did my exercises and stretches, and am sitting on a hot pack posting here. I am sure this is due to the partial wt bearing on the left and my right leg is rebelling. Now am using the crutches to support both legs when walking.
I am a mess and quite frankly wondering if this is ever going to end.
I think climbing Mt Everest would be easier.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking I should post something other than the Perils of Pauline.
My knee is not as warm, the swelling is down, I have better ROM than before, and when I do walk short distances, I look normal, no limping.
 
Hi @Pumpkln it is so easy to look at all the difficult stuff all the time. One thing I really use my thread for is to look back at all the moaning I do and then calculating the level of moan I realise that looking back the moans are often much smaller thank they were! (Did that make any sense? - I'm high on pre op drinks lol)

I'm really glad things are improving even if it is slowly with hiccups on the way but overall there is an improvement which is what we all strive for.

Shortie x
 
We used to have a hummingbird feeder-I loved watching them too. But we couldn't keep ants out. It was a pain as they were all over the feeder. So, we had to get rid of it and I sure miss it.
It'll take a while to do our kitchen as we are doing the work ourselves. I'm trying to get hubby to make all the cabinet boxes, and then we can buy the doors pre-made, as the cabinets available are either junk or they are way too expensive. I think he'll do it. We are using the existing wall cabinet boxes as we can't find cabinets that are the exact sizes we need for those, short of custom made for ridiculous prices. He made one cabinet box yesterday to replace the one that was over the fridge as we moved the fridge and now need a full cabinet there. He made the box in a couple of hours out of real wood instead of that pressboard junk they use in stock cabinets. It cost all of $20. And it's made to my specs for the shelves. I have to go buy a new sink, faucet, dishwasher, disposal and chandelier, everything else is either brand new or in new condition, so appliances aren't going to cost much. I have been frustrated with this kitchen since we moved in and can't wait to get rid of it. I have a small double porcelain sink that's total trash, and am replacing it with a large deep single stainless steel sink. Yay! I will be able to fit big pots and pans, cutting boards, etc inside to wash and won't be soaked every time I wash some dishes now. I'm getting a high arc pull down faucet to replace the broken cheap pull out faucet I have now. And I'm buying a Bosch dishwasher with 3 racks-stainless inside and out. All-in-all it's way past due and I can't wait to trash these crappy old falling apart cabinets, the chipped and stained sink and countertops, etc. I'm glad my knee is so much better so I can help with the work involved.
 
My SI joint decided to act up last night, woke up around 2am with that familiar feeling. Got up and did some exercises, and took a pain med, was able to sleep until 5. Now have the TENs running, did my exercises and stretches, and am sitting on a hot pack posting here. I am sure this is due to the partial wt bearing on the left and my right leg is rebelling. Now am using the crutches to support both legs when walking.
I am a mess and quite frankly wondering if this is ever going to end.
I think climbing Mt Everest would be easier.


@Pumpkln :console2:

This, too, shall pass!

Having the back pain as well really doesn't help, does it?

II think it's a good idea to use the crutches.
 
Update on SI joint pain, did frequent hip flexor stretching yesterday and the pain is settling down. I wish my knee was as easy to take care of.
Walked a little more yesterday much to my detriment, and am paying for it today with mm spasms. Even that little bit of walking 5 to 10 feet here and there, flares up those muscles. Two more days until the OS appointment and we will see what he has to say. I feel I was over corrected and am now out of alignment with my knee falling outside of my foot. I regret letting the OS's scheduler cancel my pre op appointments, she was insistent and persistent that I did not need a pre op.
My biggest worry is being cut off from pain medications until this is sorted out, and a direction is clear. Yes, if this is the way it is I will need to go to a pain clinic.

@lovetocookandsew , We had trouble with ants one year and bought a little ant protector, it worked great to keep them out. For some reason we no longer have a problems with ants, I think being careful not to spill on the deck has helped. You are lucky your husband is handy with wood, you will have higher quality cabinets and have exactly the look you want. When it is all done a photo would be great. You are going to love your new kitchen.
@Celle, I am going to stick with the crutches.
@Jozilla , thanks for the hug it is much needed these days.
 
@Pumpkln, our feeder was in the front outside my kitchen window-the ants crawled up the side of the house, down the hanging part and into the feeder. What's an ant protector? I'd love to be able to have a feeder again.
I sure hope the OS can figure out the problem and help you. It has to be difficult and very frustrating for you.
 
@pumpkin
I hope you get your issues resolved and feel better soon. You are so supportive of others. I appreciate you so much!
 
@Old Texan, thanks for stopping by, hope you are doing well today.
Take good care, healing thoughts coming your way,


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Up with SI joint pain, again. Sitting on heat, it does help the SI. I think this problem is from over use of my right leg for walking, using crutches changes how your upper body moves, and interferes with normal movement.
Today is busy, PT in the morning, primary this afternoon, and an orthotic adjustmet afterwards. The last two offices are near each other so will save us another trip.
Feeling very frustrated, and disappointed with how I am doing, so many hopes going into this revision have been shattered. I pray with time they will be resolved.
 
Feeling sad, one of the children I worked with passed away this morning. He had a sprit and a smile that stole every ones heart.
 
How very sad, @Pumpkln
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
for you.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom