Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I hope things are getting better and that you had a nice weekend. I'm attaching a couple of photos of my weekend..........The first one is a table full of tomatoes we picked Saturday. The second one is a picture of about a third of the tomatoes turned into about 2 gallons of marinara (it started out almost to the top of the pot which was 4 gallons, then cooked down to the 2 gallons) which is in the freezer now in individual containers; when frozen I'll take the sauce out of the containers and vacuum seal for winter meals. I have two more batches to make and I'm exhausted! I also made a grilled steak, asparagus and new potatoes dinner (potatoes from our garden). It's so nice that even though I'm tired, I am almost back to my normal life. I hope nothing more than that you soon get back to your normal life-you've been through too much and you deserve to be well again.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    tomatoes2.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 185
  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    marinara2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 122
Your tomatos are beautiful and I bet they taste great too.

Yesterday was a miserable day, with a low barometer, I have an OS appointment on the 14th, he is on vacation so cannot be moved up. The new medication schedule was inadequate, so used TENS and ice to help.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Let us know how the app't goes.
I will be sure to post, I have a feeling it will be a long day.
Thanks for checking in.
Got the pain under control today, and have learned to avoid bending my knee for any length of time.
Raining here all day, supposed to continue through the week. I feel like we have moved to Seattle, it has been a nice soft rain like they have there.
 
Hi Chris,
It is rainy here today as well though it started out sunny.

Happy to hear you had the pain under control today but it is unfortunate that you had to avoid bending your knee to do so.

When I came downstairs this morning, my brother-in-law said "how are the knees". I answered "it's okay". I did not even think of my left one when I answered! I still feel the tight band feeling sometimes on the left but it is nice to barely think of it. I cannot wait until I feel the same with my right knee.

I really have nothing to complain about when you are having such difficulties with pain yourself. I do think of you often and wish that you could find a solution and lessen your pain soon. I hope the orthotics that you get tomorrow will make a difference as well.

Hope you are getting the pain under better control with the latest cocktail as well.
 
Thanks Lisa for stopping by, hope things have speeded up here. The new schedule is OK, taking something throughout the day

Needing lots of patience for this revision as I struggle with the challenges of a painful knee, medication adjustments, exhaustion, fear of mal alignment and what that means for me, and wanting to have my life back.

Feeling like I am falling apart, with my reserves being so low it is hard to pick myself up and dust myself off to keep going. Sleep is fragmented and I have not been able to nap during the day.

Like I said earlier, I just want my life back.

Back to bed for me, my eyelids are heavy.
Every one have a good night (day).


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Pumpkln I really am so sorry to read how hard your recovery is. I do not think anyone realizes the emotional part of this surgery which should be addressed. Do you take an antidepressant? I already was on one when i had my surgery and i almost think its a must. Can you take more of your pain medication or is that not possible? I hope your OS is helpful when you see him. A revision just has to be more painful than a tkr itself. At least in my mind. I also hope your orthotics help and wish you some pain free days. (((Hugs)))
 
Hang in there Chris! We are all here for you and support you 100%. I know it doesn't ease pain but I hope it provides a measure of emotional comfort.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Jozilla and dhare thank you your note help a lot and I am grateful for you and all the other Bonesmarties for your support.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
with my reserves being so low it is hard to pick myself up and dust myself of[/quote

Hi Chris, have you noticed any change for the better? It must be so difficult when you are having such a tough time. Carol
 
Hi Carol,
Feeling better slowly, I need to build my inner strength to get through this and I have been running on empty.
Maybe have 1/4 tank today.
Seeing my counselor tomorrow, and have been writing my thoughts down
and praying.
Hope all is well with you and you have recovered from your trip.





Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Chris,
I understand the "running on empty" feeling. There have been several extended times in my life when I felt almost on empty. Somehow, more life was poured into this vessel and on I go. I know you too will be renewed although it sometimes seems impossible. I know I have gotten strength from God as I hardly consider myself a strong person. I am hoping this will happen in your case. I think the counselor tomorrow and, at last, the OS appointment will help. Sorry this is so very rough for you. Christie
 
Hi Chris,
If I could give you some of my inner energy, I would. You are so giving of others and you deserve only the best. I do hope that you can experience a shift soon and have things go easier for you. I think speaking with a counsellor is a great idea and I hope you can get some suggestions on how to deal with everything that you are going through.
Take care and know that you are being thought of.
Sending positive and healing vibes your way.
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for your kind words Christie and Lisa, they help me get through this rough patch.
We went out to lunch after I received my new orthotics, it felt good to be out, and have Indian food.
I will start wearing the othotics tomorrow for short periods of time to get used to them and see if I need any adjustments.
 
I hope your new orthotics work out well for you! @pumpkin I have been unable to change my thread title - I do not have a thread tools button to select. Which moderator should I contact? Thanks for your help and I hope each day is better for you!
 
Mmmmmm butter chicken and naan bread to dip is one of my favourite dishes. Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family that likes Indian food so I have to go out to get it. Which is probably a good thing because I don't know if I could make it very well myself.

Hope your new orthotics help a lot with you gait and your pain. I hope your appointment with the counsellor goes well too.

Keep us in the loop on how you are doing.

Take care!
:flwrysmile:
 
Love Indian food! I go for mild korma dishes or the butter chicken, I remember my husband tried a vindaloo chicken once and rued the day! Hope today Is better for you Chris (Lisa, too.)
 
Chris, do let me know how you get on with the counsellor and with your orthotics. Remember nothing stays the same for ever. You will get there. x Carol
 
Thanks Carol,
I have my notes all together and am ready to go in about an hour.
 
Had a good counseling session, and had time to review my upcoming Dr. appointments next week.
Then came home and had a good cry about this painful situation. I have an appointment Wed with my primary to go over my medications, and on Thursday with the OS. I feel my alignment is off, and would like to have a full length x ray to look at my alignment.
I am on Tramadol 50mg 4x a day and it is making me feel yucky, brain fog, dry mouth, dry skin, malaise, no appetite, and poor pain control. So am going to cut back to 2x a day, with Norco 3x a day. I am using TENS, Ice, and Heat as needed.
I noticed today that after my warm shower this morning my knee felt better, so have been using a gentle warm heat on the back of my knee today.
Going to start gathering the information I will need to obtain second opinions, so if I do not get a good response from the OS I can have the process started.

Orthotics need some more work, my ankle is still turning, but is less than it was.

Thanks everyone for stopping by to read my story.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom