Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Just figured out how much water I have had already today. 36 ounces, that is probably too much, it is not even 11AM here yet. I am going to have to keep better track of my intake.
 
Try some Gatorade or Powerade! I have to drink some every day to keep my levels up!!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Work is going to make popcorn for me in our Adult Day Program on Thursday, the old fashioned kind. Cooked in a pan, lots of oil, lots of butter, and best of all, Tons of Salt!!
:yes:
Yum. You're giving me ideas...:heehee:
 
Hang in there, hopefully just a small adjustment for a short time, then off to a better future. Keep us posted!

Dawn
 
Had popcorn tonight, lots of salt, and have decreased my water intake. Gatorade is in the fridge.
Who knew, when I was small my Grandmother had to restrict salt intake. So thinking forward at that tender age, I decided to not salt my food, still don't. Except for corn on the cob, popcorn, and french fries.
My first hummingbird of the season was spotted outside the house today, sugar water is ready to go outside tomorrow morning, the little warriors will be happy.
 
Hope you get your electrolytes sorted soon. You've only got a week to go now, not long. Are you working right up to the day? It makes the time go quicker. Good luck for the results
 
Tomorrow is my last day at work :flwrysmile:, except for the paperwork, which I will finish on Friday.
I have been drinking too much water, doing just fine with less.
Enjoying all the salty foods, and looking forward to having old fashioned popcorn tomorrow at work. :happydance: Then Pizza for dinner. Drinking Coconut water for potassium, thanks to @RunA42K .
My SI joint decided to act up :sad:, had it worked on yesterday, today, and will again tomorrow, it is 75% better. It does take my mind of my knee. I think there is a relationship between my unstable knee and my SI joint, with any luck they will both calm down after my revision.
Friday I see the vampires for more electrolyte testing, they should be OK now that I am not diluting them with water.
Monday I go back for blood type testing (A+) but I understand they like to be sure, cause if it is not:no-fin:.
I guess revisions sometimes need transfusions.
Thanks reading my post!
6 days and counting!
 
Best wishes for next week. Thanks for your thoughts on my thread.
 
@Pumpkln,

I am so excited for you! Soon, I will start hearing tales of you doing 5K's and planks with your new knee!:happydance:

You are one in a million, and I treasure our friendship! I will be praying for you! Just remember as my trainers like to tell me, "you've got this!!"

Yesterday, Jill was so excited because my balance has improved so much! Who would have thought that I would ever have come this far!:yes!:


Now, my friend, I anxiously await for the start of "the best days of your life!":cheers:
 
Hi Pumpkin. I have had same problem with low sodium. Pretzels and Gatorade did the trick! After surgery I received blood transfusion which felt very good. It was not invasive and took very little time. Big tip I have is to make sure you eat salty treats while in hospital as you won't be released on schedule if sodium numbers aren't right. I continue to drink Gatorade post revision and it seems to make me feel stronger on off days. Go figure. So 5 days and counting! You will do great! We are here to cheer you on! You go girl!
 
Thanks @trailspud , @RestAssured , @spinfanatic , thanks for posting your support means a lot.
I think I have pregnancy brain, a friend of mine has a due date next week (so do I :heehee:). She said she has fuzzy thinking and she is nervous and excited all at the same time. Sounds just like me :rotfl:.
I do think her baby boy is going to be a whole lot cuter and cuddlier than my knee :yes:.
I will be sure to have husband bring me salty treats!:SUNsmile:
 
Went to Mc Donalds before my blood draw for electrolytes, had a Mc Muffin with sausage. Just had a few sips of water. The vampire was excellent and got my vein on the first try!
And of course because I am a worrier, I am sure my electrolytes will be too high.
Had coffee with some friends, it will be a few weeks before I will join them again.
Good thing I slept all night, no getting up to use the facilities, 8 hours straight. I plan to reduce my water consumption, this you need 8 glasses of water a day is not for me.
I have noticed my feet are not cramping anymore, an unexpected benefit of less water.
You are probably wondering, how does all this relate to my revision? If my electrolytes are too low, my surgery will be postponed until they are normal. I am ready now, and will be very upset if the revision is delayed.
Thanks for all the salty advice, gatorade, power ade, coconut water, etc.
 
Today I got out my old Breg Ice machine to see if the old pad (c. 2000) will fit on the new machine. The connector looked very familiar, and it is the one and the same. Hooked up the old knee pad to my new machine, over the bathtub in case of a leak, and lo and behold it still works. Now I have two sizes, large and regular.
I have gotten into my head that I need to spring clean the house before my surgery on Tuesday :rotfl:, who am I kidding. I even cleaned the screens on the windows the other day.
My time could be better spent getting ready for surgery.:yes:
Of course my knee is behaving, at least during the day.
Feeling like I am ready to get this behind me, and onto recovery.:SUNsmile:
 
I did the same thing, cleaned and cooked as if I was going to be bedridden for weeks, knowing full well that wasn't going to be the case, silly us!

Just get your house set up for maximum convenience with your TV flicker, your computer, Chapstick, reading material and warm blankee handy so you don't have to go on a mission to find them. If you need a laugh, try www.damnyouautocorrect.com, which will make you laugh out loud! Humor is also good medicine and there is no cost for refills!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Best of luck to you on Tuesday. I am looking forward to your updates!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi Chris, I am sure you must be having all sorts of mixed emotions right now. You know the score so well, but that can be a mixed blessing. But you know you are doing the right thing, and come Tuesday you will be on the first day of your recovery - much, much better than the waiting game. My thoughts are with you. Carol
 
I case I miss you tomorrow--all the best for Tuesday!
 
Hi Pumpkln, just popped in to wish you all the very best for Tuesday. You've suffered enough with this knee and deserve everything to go smoothly. Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom