Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I hope everything goes well today. I don't like the thought of more surgery either. Just wish they would get it right first time around. Thinking of you today.
 
He said he thinks intense PT may help-I don't understand how intense PT will help the swelling go down and all the pain go away, but I'll try it I suppose
I am not seeing how this could be beneficial...
I will be back tomorrow about the appointment
hoping that everything went well---please keep us updated.
 
@lovetocookandsew , love you new avatar, poor Santa!
OS says the scar tissue around my kneecap is better, and to keep doing my extension exercises to remodel the scar tissue. Showed him my ankle taping, he liked it, wanted to know who thought of that, :egypdance:not being shy, I told him it was my idea :idea:.
He is pleased how I have improved in the last few months, from using crutches outside to walking.

After the appointment DH and I went to a wonderful lunch. I came home and slept for 2 hours :sleep:. We had a light dinner, still full from lunch.

Big strong winds coming in tonight, they say we will be rain shadowed out by the mountains, with the bulk of the rain/snow in the mountains. That is OK with me, I really do not need to be :snow dig:.
 
I use this avatar on my FB at Christmas time every year so thought I'd use it here, too. I like your new avatar, too. I am so glad you are doing so well.....glad that you had a nice lunch and nap. We are scheduled for a massive storm here too. I got an e-mail from SMUD warning of it and advising us to make sure phones are charged, batteries are fresh, etc. The schools are also all closing tomorrow. I am supposed to go to PT tomorrow afternoon but am planning to call and change it to next week and stay warm, toasty and dry inside instead.
 
Hope this storm is not a dud, with all that preparation. Good idea to charge the phones.
I have a 9 am appointment tomorrow, but other than that I will be at home. :snows:
 
@Pumpkln how did your appointment go? How did you get on? Xxxx
Take no notice I found it xxx

It's sounds very positive xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @Pumpkln, just stopping in to say Hello and wishing you well. Hope knee and ankle are better. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Thanks for your well wishes!
Knee doing about the same, I have good and not so good days, and can slip into the ODIC very easily.
Loving wearing my Christmas Converse, fun to see the response when people notice them.
Life continues on the slow train to recovery, my next OS appointment is at my one year mark in April.
I do not notice improvement daily, but if I look back a few weeks I can see that things are getting better.
:santaclap:
Today we are putting our Christmas Lights up, hope we do not end up like this :reindeerlights:.
 
Hi @Pumpkln

I hope that you are ok? I impressed my daughter today. I suggested she bought so e bright green shoelaces fit get daughters red Converse she's got her for Christmas xxxx thank you for wonderful idea x x x x

Love from Ann xxx
 
Pumpkin we love Christmas lights. I would post pics or video but it would be inappropriate on your feed. How are you doing?


SonnysWife❤️
 
bright green shoelaces
I have mine on right now. :chillpill:
My knee is doing OK, taking less pain medications, and I have been able to walk more. I no longer think twice about having to walk around the house several times, before I would have carefully planned my route so I only had to go around one time.
Slowly but surely I am getting better,:SUNsmile:.:santa sleigh:
 
broken link removed: https://www.christmasnewyear.org/2014/12/happymerry-christmas-text-messagessms.html

Merry Christmas. I know it's early. It's Christmas Eve here in about two minutes. Thanks for everything Chris xxxx
 
Hi Ann,
My knee had a bit of an upset yesterday, I walked down the street 5 - 6 houses, then back. My quads did not like the walk and were in spasm. I had to use my cane yesterday evening and last night, I was limping terribly. Frustrating to say the least.
The spasms seemed to be concentrated where they had the tourniquet, mid thigh. They have gone away, and I do not need the cane. May have something to do with me taking a Celebrex holiday for a few days. Started it back up today, will see what happens.
We had about 4 inches of snow last night, we stayed home. First real snow here, and there were fender benders everywhere, glad there was no need to get out.
Planning on celebrating New Year's at 9 PM tomorrow, then will set the alarm so I can watch the fireworks at Midnight. The pyrotechnic people were on TV this evening, looks like they are going to have a good display.
If I get a decent photo I will post it Thursday.
 
I'm sorry about yesterday's little set-back, @Pumpkln

I hope you're feeling better today.

Happy New Year!
 
Hope you feel better ty for saying hi in.the night

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom