Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@Pumpkln, sorry to hear the bad news, especially when you were doing so well going to the pool. We only have one public pool locally with low chlorine. It is standard 1.2 m depth all over and difficult to get in by the steps. I hope you find a new suitable pool locally.
 
Oh Chris

I'm so sorry to hear that. You love that pool so much x will they not consider using different chemicals? Would it pay you to speak to the management x x x

May is a long time to wait for the pool. I do hope that you manage to resolve this, I so feel for you x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
So sorry, Chris. I hope you can resolve the problem, whether by speaking to the new management, or finding a new pool. I'm thinking about going back to my old club and renewing my membership so I can swim.
 
I have a message into the operations manager who will be in on Monday.
Now I can hear my lungs rattling, I have not had a cold/flu in over a year. Going to call my Dr. in the morning, I may need a short course of steroids if it does not clear up soon.
Knee is doing good today, and would like to go swimming, a warm bath may be order later today.
 
Bummer on the pool. :(
 
My chest was better yesterday and today, so don't feel I need to call the Dr. I added a puff on my steroid inhaler, and it seemed to help. Would rather avoid oral steroids unless I really need them.
Still very upset about the pool :sad:, and waiting to hear from them about the chemicals. Talked to others and they said that the chemical smell :sick: has increased.
The gym just had a management change, and must have changed the person in charge of the pool. Finding I do not even want to go, being sick for three days was too big a price to pay.
 
Oh I'm glad your chest has improved but feel terrible the pool you adore is unusable. Yes, nothing is worth being sick for three days. I hope they resolve the issue xxx got hydro tomorrow xxx
 
Doing OK, frustrated by limited walking and the dreary weather. All clouds and no snow.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hang in there, Chris! I guess your awful weather isn't helping - it's easy to get cabin fever when you can't get out comfortably.

I do hope they can sort out the chemicals in your favourite pool. Do you think that a united complaint from all the people who dislike the new treatment would do any good?
 
Weather a little better today, got out this afternoon for a little shopping. Retail therapy for under 20 dollars, I am easy to please.
Knee seems to be holding up with more walking today.
 
I was exercising on the floor, when I sat up I noticed I was sitting cross legged. It felt very comfortable. I am going to take this as an improvement, could not have done that a month ago.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Wow :wowspring:, @Pumpkln that is progress. Congratulations another milestone. I hope that it is a sign that you are now on the mend :yes!:. You certainly deserve it, well done.
 
Woohoo @Pumpkln
you're doing brilliantly. Living proof of this mantra x x x ((((big hug))) and well done xxx :friends::yes!::flwrysmile:

Oh you give us all hope x x x. Thank you xxx
 
Thanks for asking Nana moon27, I hope you are getting some rest tonight.
My knee is OK, spent a few hours at the storage locker sorting stuff, my knee protested, but the next day it was back to it's usual state.
I continue to have the tight rubber band feeling, and if I walk too much the mal alignment rears it's ugly head and causes a lot of irritation. I have found it is better to stroll, stopping frequently for brief rests (window shopping), gives the muscles a break, and keeps my knee calmed down.
Weather, too sunny and warm for winter, in the 60's today. We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow, I hope so, the land is parched. So far the dropping barometer has not upset my knee.
Time to get some sleep,
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom