Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
You deserve it...:wowspring::yes!: I'm so proud of you Chris, well done x x x
 
I was glad to read how well you're doing. I think we have both turned a corner with our recoveries. That's how I describe mine. Better ever so slowly. I've got hydro tomorrow at 10 am so I shall be going to sleep or at least trying. Sending you a (((((big hug)))) for your great achievement xxx well done xxx
 
Both my knees are hurting tonight again xx never mind I've gone really tired so I may sleep xx got four hours again last night xxx
 
My day has been full of getting things done, insurance agent this morning, and MD this afternoon for trigger pt injections into my SI joint area.
Tomorrow more stuff.
I am only getting about 6 hours of sleep most nights, wish I could sleep longer, I really fade in the evening.
My knee pain is worse at night, it makes it so hard to sleep :bored:, then we fall asleep and this happens :alarm:. Sending you good wishes for some more sleep tonight.
 
The injections help, they feel like a flu shot. Some times it is sore for a day or so, it is fine now.
Went to the warm pool today, it felt great, and was relaxing.
 
Oh that's sounds so nice @Pumpkln, I love the hydro pool for that same reason, the warmth, the peace, the relaxation. Oh bliss x x x

I'm glad the injections help though. As regards flu shots. If my GP does it...fantastic! Our nurse this year really hurt me!

Have to go now love Ann xxx my eyes are dropping x x

Bless you. Enjoy the rest of your day xxx ((((((big hugs))))) x x x
 
It is time for a knee update.
This post is in response to a question @patient 99 asked me about my knee. (and look I am on pg 99 of my thread)
Funny you ask to give a 1 to 10 scale, my neighbor did the same. I would rate it a "6", my knee has improved considerably since September. I can now walk around stores etc without thinking "Oh boy I over did it and am going to pay tonight". My knee is starting to have short periods of time when it does not hurt at all.
Next week I see the OS, he is about 30 miles from here. We go out to lunch after the appointment. It gives us something to look forward to.
The worst time of day is at around 3 am to 5 am when my knee just hurts, this seems to be a common pattern, and the cause of my lack of sleep. I am switching my Celebrex from AM to PM, hoping it will help.
At 8 months I figure I still have a ways to, probably another year before my knee fully heals.
 
Glad you're doing so well, Chris. Hard to believe it's almost been 8 months! I see the specialist Monday morning, I'll let you know what he says.
 
@Pumpkln He said he thinks intense PT may help-I don't understand how intense PT will help the swelling go down and all the pain go away, but I'll try it I suppose...........I won't allow them to cause me pain, but I'll do some solid painless PT if for no other reason than to see if it helps. If not, he said we'll go from there.
 
With everything going on my OS appointment tomorrow has crept up on me, forgot to post anything about it.
Not much to say, we know what is wrong, my alignment is off 5 degrees added to my ankle that inverts with every step, you have knee pain.

I tape my ankle daily, it helps a lot and stops the inversion, the little bruise on the outside of my knee I have had since August is looking better. My peroneal muscle are hypertrophied, my gastroc muscles need work, my gluteus medius is strong, but inhibited during walking, and I weigh too much. My sleep is disturbed in the middle of the night (3 am to 4 am).

The solution the OS and the podiatrist have suggested is surgical correcting my tibial mal union fracture, it is off 5 degrees and would correct the knee being off 5 degrees, another surgery I think not.

Daily care of my revision requires a combination of taping my ankle, voltaren jel, lidocane patches, working in the pool, ice/heat as needed, floor exercise, limited walking and weight bearing to avoid paying for it later, and 5 mg of norco at night so I can sleep. No worries, I do not do all of this at once.

The one good thing is we will be going out to a nice restaurant for lunch after the appointment.

On a lighter note, I went to the pool today only to find a class, I had checked there is no class. Whew it was an informal class and I now have two new friends.

I will be back tomorrow about the appointment.
 
Back
Top Bottom