celynda
senior
Thanks, @Josephine, for your comments. Since you’re not a fan of the surgery to remove the scar tissue, what would you recommend instead?
Since you’re not a fan of the surgery to remove the scar tissue,
Where did I say that? That's what plastic surgeons are for!
I wish I could say things are going well. Heck, it would be nice if things were going ok. I am so tired of being in pain. My revised knee hurts when I get up from sitting. The other knee just hurts in general. According to the Xray, the L (non-operated) knee has plenty of cartilage so not really ready for a TKR on it yet.
, a script for PT, Mobic, and Tramadol for acute pain. The OS seems to think strengthening the quads and gluteus will break up scar tissue thereby reducing the pain and crepitis. I know walking is the best exercise, I guess I’ll try doing more while the pain is marked by the steroid. Maybe I’ll be able to walk around the block without feeling like I need an Uber to get back home. 

On my tkr knee the medial side is quite painful, and my left hip and butt. So when they'll flaring up both sides hurt and I'm sure my walking is a sight!@sistersinhim, where is your tendinitis?
Based on my experience I'd say take the exercise really slow. Tendinitis is easily aggravated.Or, since my problem is tendinitis and not the revised knee, maybe I do need to follow the no pain, no gain rehab plan.
I am so confused.
![]()
I quite agree!Tendinitis is easily aggravated.
Don't like the "potential scar tissue" bit. Why do US surgeons and PTs always fall back on that old chestnut because it's so rarely true and very much so in your case! If you were going to get adhesions, they would have developed long ere this!While he told me it was “tendinitis,” it was actually “pes anserine bursitis” in addition to the potential scar tissue. This isn’t the first time I’ve had pes anserine bursitis
Another old chestnut! Anything that they can't explain will always fall back on PT!He also prescribed PT to strengthen the quad and glut muscles. Supposedly the if the muscles are stronger, it will change the way the knee rubs and maybe break up the scar tissue.
Jockette gave you the link to our article. That's about all I know, I'm afraid.@Josephine, should I care about the “patella Baja?” Is there anything I should know, do or not do?