Revision THR Resurfacing problem I have had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Norman.I haven't been on here for a while so I have just caught up with your story.Congratulations on your new hip and by the way you look so well ! I didn't know that the waiting list for hip replacement has gone up to 12 months but you have gone down the best route for you.Shame about the expense of course but worth it to get your life back and to be rid of the pain.I had hand surgery in the Spire Washington a few years ago and the care was very good.I wish you every success with your recovery and will follow you with interest.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing problem I have had


@Josephine
Thanks for visiting Josephine. It was very good of you & gave me the chance to thank you for recommending a brilliant surgeon. Thanks to all you lovely people for taking an interest in my thread..
Well I got a Total Hip Replacement on Friday & was back home Sunday afternoon.
I didn't get the problem Resurfaced Hip done because I found the other Hip needed doing urgently and it couldn't have supported me if the revision had been done (hope you understand what I mean). So the revision op on the resurfaced hip is for later in the year & it's a bigger operation. As usual I'll keep you all posted. THANKS everyone. .
 
Thanks, Kenneth. It was nice to meet you.
As you might notice, I've cropped and lightened the picture a bit! :wink:
 
@Josephine
Thanks to all you good people that have been interested in my case. As you'll know if you've read my 'story' I didn't get my urgently needed hip revision in May & one reason was because the other Hip could not have taken my weight. Instead the other hip was replaced with a view to doing the revision later this year. It is now 4months since I had the THR & it has been really successful. My mal-aligned resurfaced hip that I had done in 2009 is giving me more & more pain & I have been promised it will be revised this year but I'm still awaiting a date. I am really looking forward to being pain free.
I will certainly post again.
 
Mr Nanu still working on you then, is he? Good to hear from you. I was beginning to think that my visit had put you off BoneSmart! :heehee:
 
@Josephine
Hi Josephine, Since the THR I have been on holiday & regularly trying to get a date for the re-vision operation so I thought I'd wait & have a bit news before I posted. His NHS secretary was not very helpful & I can't say too much on the Post which I'm sure you'll understand what I mean. I really appreciated you visiting me & maybe you can do the same when I get the next op???
 
@Josephine.
H Josephine, I tried to send you a confidential post but it was returned each time. I also tried on this Forum but it asked for the email address.
 
Kenneth, if you look in the top right hand corner of the page, you will see a red 1 next to the word "Inbox" as shown below. This means you have a private message which you can use to reply to me!

[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing problem I have had


Look in this article to see How to use Private Messages (PMs)
 
@Josephine
HI Josephine & all the other people who took an interest in my hip resurfacing problem. I've had some good news at last & am getting a pre-op assessment on the 20th Oct . I then rang the surgeon's secretary & she told me I'm getting my revision surgery on the 18th November. I've had so much pain from the mal-aligned resurfacing operation at the QE in 2009, so roll on the 18th Nov. A Xmas present to myself this year will be permanently taking off those stockings. I'll post again after the operation when I'm up & about. Thank you all. NORMAN
 
Oh hallelujah! At last, oh Lord almighty, at last! If I could, I'd be dancing for you, Norman!
 
THANKS Josephine,
It has been a long wait . I first saw Mr Nanu on the 26th Nov 2013 & I remember telling him the pain is so bad I'd come back next day if he could do the revision then. So roll on the 18th Nov. THANKS Josephine & the other interested people. NORMAN
 
Wow - so happy to read your update. Well done! Do keep us updated!
 
THANKS Jacey. I certainly will keep you all updated. Thanks a lot.
I see you've just had your right hip done. Hope it makes a vast difference to you.
Best wishes,
NORMAN
 
Hi @North East Man Glad to hear that you haven't got long to wait for your revision.How is the new hip ?
 
@Kim22
Hi Kim, Thank you for asking. The new hip I got nearly 5 mths ago is really good. I'm so pleased with the work Mr Nanu the surgeon did fitting it & such a small scar.I can still feel twinges from it but no pain whatsoever. I was told it will take at least 6 months to settle in & possibly longer. Hopefully the revision will be as good. I'll keep you all posted once I'm up & about. NORMAN
 
@Josephine, Just to let you & all the good people on this Forum who have followed my experiences that I get my revision surgery in a few days time on Tuesday (18th Nov) provided there are no cancellations. I am really looking forward to Tuesday & being pain free soon afterwards. My other hip which Mr Nanu replaced in May is excellent & it is thanks to Josephine for recommending a first class surgeon. I might see you if you visit Josephine?

NORMAN
 
Oh Norman! That's great! Where will you be? The Royal this time, I supposed?

I might be able to visit but I'm quite busy next week. Working in Newcastle Tues and Wed and Thurs I'm off to London for a meeting. Perhaps I could pop in Wednesday afternoon as I'm doing a short day then.

When do you expect to be discharged?
 
@Josephine. Hi Josephine. Thanks for the quick reply. YES I am going into the Royal for the operation on Tuesday. I don't know what time yet & have to ring Monday to find out. PLEASE don't worry if you are too busy as I always get plenty visitors when in hospital. I don't know how long I'll be in hospital as a revision is a bigger operation and I may need bone grafts (but I hope not.) I'll definitely still be in on Wed afternoon :loll:but don't worry if your busy. I will report back on this Forum once I'm up and about. Many thanks . NORMAN
 
I expect to finish work at 3pm so should make it there around 4 or 4.30
Any idea the name of ward you'll be on? The new joint replacement ward of course! But what its name?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom