THR Recovery going TOO well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much. It must just be one of "those" days. I'm not limping as much as I was, but have a knotted muscle or something in my back (opposite from operated hip). I guess it's just my body rebelling, but it sure is scary! When it comes to aches and pains, I've been ignoring or "putting up with" them for so long.....now I'm over sensitive to every little glitch because I'm worried it will be a setback on the hip.

I guess I can't expect to have it all go as smooth as I remember my back fusion at age 14. I was too busy lording it over my brother because (for once) he got stuck with the chores, I don't remember much pain at all after coming home....even if I was in a body cast for six months! LOL He's probably looking down on me now (or UP, more likely! LOL) and laughing as if he got the last word afterall!
 
Yesterday my behind hurt which was different, but no big surprise. What did astound me was the ouch in my big toe -- that one was completely new! I guess we have many surprises delt by these new hips. I hope your rebellion is milder with each day.
 
It seems that after a major surgery like hip or knee replacement, we tend to think every ache or pain we have is directly connected to the surgery. We forget that we have aches and pains here and there all the time even without surgery. So many times what we're feeling really has nothing to do with the surgery---but we've just become so sensitive to and conscious of every little nuance of our bodies.
 
Ouch, Cookie---the big toe, you don't have gout, do you? But I know what you mean. I was reading the other night in bed and suddenly had a sharp pain on the outside of my lower leg.
I hope you're having a good day:SUNsmile:
 
Whew! That was a close one. YoungGma just picked herself up and dusted herself off and is back and raring to go! It's hell getting old. Bottomshallow nailed it when she reminded us that we have a variety of aches and pains all the time, but we seem to obsess over them post-op. That big toe pain has traveled all over the country as I get that pain once in awhile just sitting around. I used to get it while I was driving pre-op. Hang in there!
 
I guess that means I shouldn't report it tomorrow to my OS at my 2 month check-up! You all have saved me from making a fool of myself and I thank you. The only other time I've gotten a big toe pain when walking was in the old days when I wore high heels -- that hasn't happened for a long time.
 
I get gout flares fairly often, and they usually hit me in one or the other big toe. They can create more (temporary) pain than anything I've experienced before or after hip surgery.
 
Well, we'll see how I feel tomorrow......I went to the shop for "a little while" and before I knew it, four hours had passed! At least I was sensible about it.....I grabbed a trash bag of clothes and dragged it (NOT carry) to my chair and sorted while sitting down. And I used a cart to transport boxes rather than carry them. BUT, four hours was too much, I'm sure! The up-side? While sorting I found some awesome Little People toys for my grandson and my nephew, plus some shirts to sell on eBay!
 
Cookie42 Maybe just mention it at your check-up? If it were gout, you'd be yelling, so probably not.
Suz, Good for you! Sounds like you handled your half day with no problem and good rewards. And I bet you'll be feeling great today, too.
 
Hi Suz, how did the appointment go today? Did you mention the toe pain? What did he say?
 
That's me, the pain in the toe. Also a pain in the hinnie, but we won't talk about that. I didn't mention my toe since he was running an hour and a half late and I just wanted to get out of there and get something to eat! He seemed impressed by my only taking Tylenol. The nurse said I may be their poster girl, but I suspect she says that a lot. Doc said I can do anything, but if it hurts, don't do it -- I agree completely. I didn't get a chance to show him I can almost touch my foot to my head like I could do before the surgery.

One interesting thing was seeing a guy who had his surgery the same day I did. At our last appointment -- 10 days out -- he was doing much more and much better than I was. Today he said he hurt as much as before surgery. He also said he'd moved house and I hope he has just done too much too soon. For his sake, I hope that's all it is.
 
I didn't get a chance to show him I can almost touch my foot to my head like I could do before the surgery.

Say what???? You can almost touch your foot to your head??? On the operated side??? OMG!!!!!! Seriously???? OMG!!!!!
 
Before I answered I checked and, YES I can completely do it! I may be old and fat, but I'm fairly flexible. Yesterday it was almost touching and tomorrow, I may not be able to, but this evening I can. About the photo -- probably not. It's not my most flattering angle!
 
Cookie, that is amazing.... you must be flexible :)
 
Cookie42 "Fairly flexible?" I am fairly flexible; you are a frackin' pretzel if you can do that.
And I thought I was hot stuff doing the stairs sideways....
Inquiring minds want to know and curious eyes want to see---we demand a picture:dancy:
 
The photo is NOT going to happen. I prefer the one with the two darling grandchildren to one of a crazy looking old lady! I'm not putting my feet behind my head or anything -- just touching my toe to my forehead. I have very few talents and would much prefer being able to play the piano or paddle a kayak to the one I do have! My mother could still easily bend over and place her hands flat on the floor at age 85, so it's just something my genes gave me.
 
Cookie42 wait, wait, wait, wait, wait----I can do it, with my good leg, if I use my hands to pull my foot over, but I'm afraid to try with my new hip:yikes:

Anyone else?
 
I can just picture us all sitting at our computers and trying to put one of our feet up to our heads just to see if we can do it. sissy46, I'm with you....yes, I tried it. I too can do it with my unoperated leg...but refuse to try with the operated leg. I was pretty flexible prior to surgery as stretching and yoga was a daily part of my Crossfit workout.

However, I have never been this flexible!

[Bonesmart.org] Recovery going TOO well?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom