Guest viewing is limited

THR Recovery going TOO well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go -- not even a talent -- just something most people can do. I'm betting you all can do it with the operated leg if you try gently. According to my OS any movement that doesn't hurt is good to do! I still wish I could paddle or play the piano.
 
I'm embarrassed, I can barely get my toe to my waist on my GOOD leg!! LOL I'm just an out of shape old woman! I'm not "fat", but according to my BMI (body mass index) I'm considered "obese". :sigh: I've just never been all that flexible or coordinated!! LOL

My half day Sunday didn't hurt anything, and I even went back for an hour or so yesterday. Today was the killer....I took the bus in to town (30 miles away) along with 4 nice elderly people who are hard of hearing AND three of them were having a very rough day apparently, because they were not the happiest campers I've seen. Unfortunately, the trip lasted 5 1/2 hours. I didn't have many errands, so spent the majority of it sitting on the bus, listening to them disagree LOUDLY with each other.....by the time we got home, the driver (a friend of mine) and I were both ready for some serious libations :beer:! Then, to top it off, my husband was ready to butcher the deer he shot Saturday, so I spent about an hour at the! table doing trimming.

I finally had to call it quits, because my hip is bothering me.....not the operated hip, but the "good" one. I'm hoping this "trend" is only temporary.....it seems that now that my "bad" hip has been replaced, the other one has been bothering me! And in x-rays, it looked FINE!
 
I'm with you Suz.! I can't even do it with my good leg. I do ( or did) yoga but always have to work at the hip flexibility.

Suz, I hope you don't have to pay too much for your long day today. Ice, and take it easy, my friend.
 
Today my operated hip is actually bothering me. Since it rarely does, I pay attention! So I'm being lazy.....put up one more eBay listing and am now debating between a nap and just reading for a while. Nap sounds wonderful, but since I'm having so much trouble sleeping at night, I hate the idea that it might add to that issue!
 
Suz, don't fight it. Go ahead and nap. Good sleep will come.

It's been a REALLY long time since I've gotten my leg anywhere close to my head. My gymnastics days are long gone!
 
Oh Suz, you sound like me. Saturday I hiked 3 hours although I was hurting to begin with, miserable when I got back---took ibuprofen and robaxin and cancelled plans for Sunday. Better on Monday so I paddled 3 hours without a break (and then there's the loading and unloading of the boat, the drive to and from the launch, all that; definitely not worth it for only 3 hour paddle but that's another story) and was in pain. Took yesterday off--more or less, I did wash my car and boat and waxed my canoe and the bottom of my kayak, but that's about all. Then today, at the risk of jinxing myself, I'll say I feel great! Rode my bike 12 miles, then went to the Y and did my full workout and 5 minutes on the treadmill (first time doing that post-op) and 15 minutes on the stationary bike.:egypdance: I'm not having any pain right now, but I have an ice pack on my hip prophylactically.

All this---I should have just said, "two steps forward, one step back." And fellow Warrior, you have been doing an awful lot lately, you know? Just chill---take a pill, grab the ice pack and good book and a blanket and a cat if you have one but I guess your husband will do if you don't:heehee:
 
:shocked:sissy46! Hubby is working, so had to nap alone. No "critters" for me!!

I know I've been doing a lot, but really, you couldn't tell it by my house!! It's a good thing the Fire Marshall won't be visiting any time soon! I think I've got ADD...I've go several projects started, but none of them finished.....so my living room is TERRIBLE!
 
My condo is a disaster! Way I see it, some things are worth risking pain, others are not, and housework falls into the latter category while biking, hiking and paddling are in the former. My place gets "a lick and a promise" but I haven't knocked myself out keeping up with it.
 
Suz, there is nothing lazy about doing what your body tells you to. I hope your day was one filled with rest, relaxation and lots of pain relief.

Sissy, what do you mean "that's all?" Did you look at the list of activities your performed? Sounds like you were a busy little Warrior.
 
I just wish I could get my sleeping pattern back to normal! The only way I seem to go to sleep at night is if I take something. Otherwise it's early am before I drift off, and then I don't get up til 10am or later. I used to go to sleep around midnight and get up anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30am....I want that schedule back, but my body doesn't seem to agree! And I've tried not taking a nap in the afternoon, but it doesn't help. Sure, I doze off earlier, but then I wake up an hour or two later and am back to square one. If I'm going to be up half the night anyway, I might as well get that half hour to hour of rest in the afternoon so I can be coherent when hubby is home!
 
You will eventually get into a regular sleeping pattern Suz, still early days honey :)
 
YoungGrandma my sleep pattern was about like yours (except the afternoon naps; I'd doze off in front of the TV in the evening). I've found that when I can't get to sleep or wake up at night, worrying about it just aggravates the situation. I just read my eBook until I drop off again. If you can't sleep, you probably don't need it.
 
I just wish I could get my sleeping pattern back to normal! The only way I seem to go to sleep at night is if I take something. Otherwise it's early am before I drift off, and then I don't get up til 10am or later. I used to go to sleep around midnight and get up anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30am....I want that schedule back, but my body doesn't seem to agree! And I've tried not taking a nap in the afternoon, but it doesn't help. Sure, I doze off earlier, but then I wake up an hour or two later and am back to square one. If I'm going to be up half the night anyway, I might as well get that half hour to hour of rest in the afternoon so I can be coherent when hubby is home!

Suz, i'll be 7 weeks on Monday, and just this week I can say i have been sleeping better. before now, i just layed
there all nite, doze off, wake up and toss and turn, then doze off, but only getting an hour of sleep at a time.
This week, i am off my night time meds of the aspirin, iron, and colace, and only taking 2 tylenol PM, and
i can sleep from 11 or so till after 6! so I am very happy with that, i'm not even waking up to go to
the bathroom any more. You will get there, soon.
 
If I take 2 tylenol pm, I sleep from 11pm to about 10am, and then am still groggy for a couple hours! Last night I took 1/2 of a Tylenol pm when we went to bed at midnight (we were up butchering deer.....although I quit helping after about 2 hours, I stayed up and kept hubby company). I actually got a good night's rest and was ready to be up and around at 6:30am when the alarm went off. Of course, I worked at the shop this morning, so am pretty tired now. Christmas party this evening, so I'm thinking a 30 minute "power nap" is a good idea about now!
 
Suz, just sleep when you can. Your normal patterns will come back when your body is ready for it...

Power naps only leave me more tired than when I laid down. You will have to tell us how the party was... remember, no table dancing this year. :rotfl:
 
:angel:The party was soooo good that I don't remember leaving! LOL We had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and did a fun gift exchange. (What is the politically correct term for "Chinese" gift exchange???) Afterwards we went bowling. YES, I said bowling, but I was a good girl and did NOT bowl! They did "silly bowling", my friend had made a list of ways you had to do each frame (bowl with your opposite hand, granny bowl, etc). I was the photographer early on, but once my camera battery died, I was just cheering them on and had a couple toasts too many. An open bar with a variety of wines to try was too much temptation for me. The really bad part is that the stupidest thing I did all night was while I was still sober......I was so careful to put my camera away and not leave it on a table.....unfortunately, with the lights low (glow bowling), I put it in someone else's coat pocket! Luckily it was a small party and I'm pretty sure I know whose coat it was (only one other person had a leather coat), so I should be able to get it back; I'll just have to wait til Monday to talk to him, because he's not someone I know away from work, and I don't have his number. :headbang: Very irritating, because I had pics I wanted to upload so I could start some eBay auctions this weekend.

The "up side" is that I did sleep all night! LOL I don't know why, but my opposite hip is really giving me trouble today. I didn't do anything to it (I checked with a witness to last night!), but it is very sore today. The only thing I can think of is because I worked yesterday morning and then I was up and down a lot at the party last night. It's getting frustrating though, with no longer using the walker and now being full weight bearing, that hip does not have the extra stress it did, so you'd think it would have quit bothering me by now. Xrays of it prior to surgery looked fine according to the doctor. I'm hoping it's just the muscles getting used to being pulled in the "right" way now; but I have an appt. on the 27th and will ask him about it if it's not better by then. It just seems weird that the operated hip feels great, but the other one is the one in pain!
 
I found this on the BoneSmart Facebook page and thought you guys might like it! Damn! Poppet nerdgrrl cnydutch sissy46 oldyellr bellaroma dede62 Cookie42

[Bonesmart.org] Recovery going TOO well?
 
Sounds like a great time! An open bar with wines to try would have been a great temptation for me---are you sure you didn't do the Twist and Shout?:heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom