THR Recovery begins-UK

Sure, go ahead if you'd like @SurreyGirl
That one was just too good to pass up. It gave me a good laugh, thanks!
I do it myself and have caught them at a later date and edited mine.
Hope you're feeling better and have a great day!

@Hattiecat
Wondering how you're doing. I hope you're feeling some relief by now through rest and ice.
Wishing you comfort :friends:

Thanks for asking, definitely not getting worse but still feeling the odd twinge. It feels more muscular now as well. It twinges when I sit and I've not been uncomfortable sitting for weeks.

6 months on and now another new hip @Hattiecat and I've learned to live with cold feet. Could never manage the sock-putter-onner other than to fly the sock around the room. I'll get there one day perhaps. Did manage thick tights with the grabber once.

Could never manage the sock-putter-onner other than to fly the sock around the room.
:heehee:
That was my one experience with it...thank heavens it was summer when I recovered. I barefooted it mostly.

Happy Friday Hattie :wave:
It's good to read you're not any worse. Hopefully it's improving.
Try rest, icing and think about whether you want us to tag, Josephine to weigh in.
Wishing for your comfort and a peaceful weekend.
@Hattiecat

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well @Hattiecat
Please leave us an update. We'd love to know how Lefty is doing at four months post op.
We'd love to hear how you're doing in general.
Hugs and warm wishes for a lovely Spring. :flwrysmile:

Quite a while since I posted. I am doing well, hydrotherapy really helpedo. I also now have my date for my RTHR 29 April, starting to get really nervous again.

:wave: @Hattiecat
Glad to see you are soon getting your double hippy status :chuckmarch:

Will get that question mark off of your signature and you will be an April Rainbow!

Last one! You know we will be here to cheer you on!:yes:

Hi @Hattiecat
Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear from you.
Not long now till Righty's big day. We'll be here, so stay in touch.
Wishing you comfort as you await the 29th.

(9 weeks since my second @Hattiecat and though I can get the sock on my first op foot I can only do the second on a good day and am usually shouting for help as it flaps off my toes. And getting them off isn't always easy. Roll on the summer and bare feet and sandals!)
Bit out of date post re the socks but exciting news about your second THR. It'll be great, honest! So much easier second time around.

Thanks for all your supportive replies. At least I know what to expect

Attagirl, don’t think about the op, think how great it will be living with no pain from either hip.

Thanks Klassy. I just want it over with now.

Hi my friend:wave:
Are you on radio silence until your surgery?
I can't wait to see a new double hippy in the house next week!
Bye bye hip pain!:yes!:

Hi @Hattiecat
Only three days to go.
I hope you're ready to lose the pain and get on with life.
We'll be here for you.
Wishing you comfort as you await Monday. :friends:

Thanks Layla, I had a call from the hospital the operation is cancelled for Monday because of emergency cases. I will need to wait another month at least they say as my OS has some holiday comi ng up. I'm so disappointed as I was ready, I had sorted out cover for work and now have to do that all again, that's the NHS for you.

Sorry to hear that @Hattiecat . Must be very frustrating for you. At least the weather will be better for your recovery?!

Thanks @SurreyGirl, I got a letter with my date today 25 May, Saturday admission so they are obviously trying to catch up, how are you doing ?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back