THR Recovery begins-UK

@Hattiecat I am having worse dreams with Norco. I dream anyway, but this is new. I don't think I ever had morphine, just Norco after surgery. I had a serious nightmare last night and in the hospital I would wake up startled, not realizing where I was at, and scare the nurses when they came to do checks as I would jump and then they would jump. I'm pretty sure our meds can give us bad dreams.
 
Hi @Hattiecat
It's good to read you're home. It's so nice to be in your own space without the constant noise and interruptions.
I didn't have terrible dreams as you've mentioned, but I've read of others experiencing the same so you're not alone. Hopefully you can get some restorative rest in between the crazy dreams.
Wishing you a peaceful night and first week back home.
 
The pills are giving me terrible dreams though, did anyone else face this ?
Very common side effect of pain meds. Ask for something different if this gets to be too much. Getting that pain management cocktail just right can be tricky in the early days.
 
This one is so different to the last, on the positive side much less pain and swelling but on the negative side leg seems weak, struggling to make small step into shower and still really reliant on crutches. I am worried that I'm not doing enough exercise. OS said this hip was in bits so that might have something to do with it.
 
This one is so different to the last, on the positive side much less pain and swelling but on the negative side leg seems weak, struggling to make small step into shower and still really reliant on crutches. I am worried that I'm not doing enough exercise. OS said this hip was in bits so that might have something to do with it.
 
One month out or less! I really wouldn’t worry at this stage. Plenty of time to exercise at a later stage but that hip needs healing! You could always ring your OS if worried.
 
Hi @Hattiecat, another may marvel here, I'm just 5 days ahead of you. Im still on 2 crutches, per PT last week. Sometimes just one if I want to carry something, but certainly not for very far. I see that you are a double hippy - am amazed at everyone who has endured this op twice in a year! IMHO, I think that since your lefty is still a baby at just 6 months old, your left hip is probably not very strong still and your righty knows it. It's scared to rely on lefty or take much weight! :sos: Keep those crutches handy and don't be afraid to rely on them. Take baby steps. You know that what is difficult or feels impossible one day miraculously happens when it's ready another time. :thumb:
 
Thanks @SurreyGirl and @Calgal, I am taking it slow, blues have hit today big time, shouted at my husband for buying the wrong ham, ridiculous I know but as I'm stuck indoors (terrible weather ) everything seems a major issue.
 
I'm so sorry that today was a no good rotten day @Hattiecat
The Right Ham is kind of important:heehee:
You might not remember the weakness in the earliest of days or as we are constantly reminded - different hip, different recovery.

Healing hugs and much good mojo for a good day tomorrow.
 
@Hattiecat I’m over a week ahead of you and still on cane and rollator for walking. I’m really working on training my muscles to stay even and not limp or lean to one side. The rollator helps with that immensely. Take your time and don’t push it!
:kitty:
 
:hi: my double hippy friend.
Hope this Sunday finds you mostly okay...still early days and so I am sure you are getting weary of the hurry up and wait part of recovery.
Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you.:friends:
 
Hi @Hattiecat :hi:
I hope you're feeling better since last time you posted.
Don't want to duck to avoid getting hit by a flying ham :heehee: Being stuck indoors can get to us.
With any luck you've had some beautiful days since then and we're able to enjoy time outdoors.
Stopping by to wish you a Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely evening and weekend. :wink:
 
Thanks everyone. Great weather in the UK currently. 5 weeks PO on Tuesday and feeling better, no more ham incidents . I am going back to work this week, working from home for a few days.
RTHR doing well, left hurts more surprisingly, is this the strain from the right ? PT appointment this week hoping to get a hydrotherapy appointment soon.
 
Hi @Hattiecat :hi:
How are you doing! We haven't heard from you in several weeks. I hope you're adjusting well to work.
Want to wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Please leave an update next time you stop by. Will look forward to hearing from you.
Have a great week!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope things are going well in your recovery and you've comfortably eased back into work.
Next time you're on the forum, we'd love to hear from you. Hopefully soon.
Until then...all the best to you!
@Hattiecat
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom