8 1/2 weeks post op, but who's counting LOL
I'm counting.
This past week has brought improvement.
Sleep is better. Sometimes I take 1 hydrocodone (I have a lot leftover), sometimes just Tylenol. Last few nights just Tylenol. I wake up a few times to readjust knee, but usually fall right back asleep.
Swelling is still a work in progress. I have to keep in mind that there was much more "work" done to this knee. I can't ice and elevate constantly. When I do its at least an hour. 3 or more times/day.
I'm usually up and doing ADLs for about an hour. Then I ice. Can only walk the beast for 10min. My street is an incline. Once I start going up the hill its no bueno. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 20 min in the huge clubhouse.
I can do limited stairs regularly. Not one at a time.
Pain/discomfort is a dull ache after being on my feet for awhile. The swelling doesn't help.
In the morning the knee ALMOST looks normal.
I'm driving (10 min)to new PT this afternoon with hubs riding shotgun. I'm going to this new PT to help with swelling, gait, balance. They helped so much with first tkr. Now they have an office closer to our new home.
Still not running errands, grocery shopping, etc.
Instacart and hubs for groceries. Amazon for other stuff.
Tummy is 90% back to normal! Appetite coming back! Gained 2 of the 7 lbs I lost.
I know the next few weeks will bring more improvements.