TKR Recovery #2

Got to dash to look after my toddler grandson but will answer this later!
 
@beachy and @EalingGran - How are you doing now? What can "we" do for back pain? I have it also. I am thinking of going back to PT. That is how desperate I am.
Hi @Jammy So sorry to hear about your back pain. Have you considered booking some massages to help? Especially if you know of, or can find, a good therapeutic massage therapist.
Your body has had a tough year and it could be tension that your body has forgotten how to release.
I can’t imagine my THR recoveries without having my regular massages.
Just stay away from deep tissue massage. Moderate pressure is all that you’ll need.
 
How are you doing now? What can "we" do for back pain? I have it also. I am thinking of going back to PT. That is how desperate I am.
Doing pretty well thanks!
My knee is pretty good- really good bend (150 degrees). I can walk for up to 6- 7 miles/ day. I get a little bit of pain in the unoperated patellofemoral joint if I get up from really deep flexion- like getting out of the bath or a really deep squat. But I can live with it.
My lower back is not great. It is ok when up and about but when I get up from sitting it can be really stiff and sore. Sometimes I feel like a really old woman unbending to stand up. I also still get a bit of sciatica ( buttock pain) after a couple of hours in the car- worse as a passenger. My OS was surprised I wasn't in more pain from the MRI findings of lumbar arthritis and spinal stenosis.
I try to do back pilates and core strength work on the days I am not working or doing childcare. I also use a special cushion for sciatica for working on the computer or watching TV and heat pads on my back when I have a long day sitting for work.
With all that I manage without any painkillers currently.
Sorry your back is bad. Maybe try pilates if you hate PT?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom