Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
daughter stalker Good morning to you, although since you are up with the chickens, you are probably ready for your mid-morning coffee (like down on the farm). You survived another week. Good for you! Will you take Wednesday off again? I think that is a good plan.

Launch day is not until the following Monday. I will be thrilled if I do half as well as our friend Becca . You two give me hope! It has been good for me to spend time at school in small doses. I am catching up one at a time with colleagues and have seen most of them (everyone is busy working to have their rooms welcoming for open house). I love the people I work with! Yesterday was a great day to clean and toss outdated stuff. I am beginning my 29th year in the same building, so you can imagine what I have accumulated. Still a long ways to go, but it seems to give me a freshened mind set. Although I have enjoyed my pretend retirement since March, it is time to work and get a paycheck. I will miss morning coffee with my husband. My brain will be glad to be rid of too much TV.

What goodies do you have in store for yourself today? Hope it is a fun weekend for you, with some rest and rejuvenation.
 
Ready
You are going to do absolutely awesome when you go back to work! :dancy: I am glad that you are spending time in small doses at work to get ready for the Big Day! :)

Well the chickens have been fed and the cows have been milked. :heehee: Ms. Grumpy left and has been replaced with Ms. Taking it Easy. I will not over do it this weekend. :no-fin: (repeat) I will not over do it this weekend! I know how I felt in the middle of the night, yesterday and the day before and don't feel like experiencing it again any time soon! :ok: I'm willing to put my platinum Presidential ODIC card away for the time being. I am tired of beating my head against the wall. :headbang: I just have a hard time asking for help and saying no. Maybe I should start a JUST SAY NO club. I can be the president of that club! :rotfl:

DECISIONS, DECISIONS!!! I have a department head meeting to attend on Wednesday. I haven't been to a department head meeting since May. I don't get first hand information about what is happening at the facility if I don't attend this meeting. I receive information second and third hand. Many times the information has been embellished. I will have to take another day off in the week if I go to the meeting. My doctor's note allows me to work 20 hours 4 days per week. I am thinking of trying 4 days in a row. :thud: I don't know how else to do it since it doesn't make sense (in my distorted mind) to take Thursday off then return Friday for work. I will play it by ear. I may change my mind after Tuesday, but this is the plan for next week. :shrug: I will take Wednesday off if I feel that I can't do it. :ok: My health is worth more than my work. I have to keep telling myself this over and over again. Maybe I will begin to believe it soon. :headbang:

I have the doctor's note with 20/4 until August 28th. I have another follow-up visit with the OS on that date. I believe he will release me to full time at this visit. It has been rather difficult to deal with my work without being there full time. :sigh: Just as I get on a roll I look at the clock and it is time for me to leave. I hate leaving things half completed. :gaah: This too shall pass! I have to repeat this saying also. Okay, Debbie Downer will get off your thread now! :wink: Thanks for checking on me. :friends:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take it easy and have fun!
 
No, Debbie Downer you are not, it's more like Rachel Realist. You are just being wise and in the long run, you will be more productive. Just stick to the plan you have laid out for yourself. It would be easy to stay a little longer each day when working part time, so it's good you know when to check out.

So yesterday was a 24 hour swimming practice/team builder/time trial day for my daughter. They had a blast, but I got a text in the a.m. asking to go to the Minute Clinic again--her ear infection had not cleared up. So another round of antibiotics along with drops to clear the outer infection as well. So as long as we were so close, we went to the outlet mall and had fun browsing and eventually getting her some cute things. Oh, to be 14 again....Me--a new pair of sandals and a few T shirts (an essential for a PE teacher). Even though we walked and shopped for 3 hours, I am not in the ODIC. It is my feet and legs that hurt more than my knee. I guess I go to MT (mall therapy) instead of PT. Of course nothing got accomplished at home, but the time with her was precious.

Now I am off to watch the sun sink with a glass of something wonderful. Have a restful Sunday.
 
Ready...Oh no! I remember those swimmer's ear moments! Years of alcohol drops, the antibiotic & ear drops! It is all rushing back to me as if it was yesterday. :boohoo: I feel for your daughter. :cry: I was on a swimming team from age 5 until age 18. I swam AAU and was on the high school swim team. 5:30 am practice for AAU and 7th period practices for high school swim team during the school year. In the summertime the practices were at 6:30 am and again at 4 pm from age 8 to 18. I wondered if I was ever going to have normal fingers (pruned fingers were not pretty), normal hair and not smell like chlorine all the time. I spent more time in the pool than with my family. :sigh: I was also on the springboard diving team. Diving in my junior year was the beginning of the 35 year journey for me.

I am glad that your daughter was not in so much pain that she could go shopping with you. It feels good to buy things that make you feel good even if you need them. :beer: It is also important to spend time with your daughter! :yes!: I am glad that it was mall therapy and not ODIC.

I hope you had a wonderful evening and have a fantastic Sunday! :flwrysmile:
 
I am now 10 weeks out. Saw my OS today and had nothing to talk about! What a nice problem to have! I won't see him again until my first knee is a year old. I will start back to work officially on Monday, with students the following week. With all of the time on my feet recently, I don't have worries.

Sleep is still inconsistent. Last night was great, but the night before terrible. The good thing is that I seldom feel tired during the day time. I took a 45 minute bike ride the other day, and yesterday I attempted a Jillian Michael's workout. I got through, but had to adapt some exercises. Today, my muscles are wondering just who invited her!

daughter stalker We have been pretty fortunate as far as ear infections go. This is just her 2nd time, but seems the first course of antibiotics isn't effective for her. Of course, doesn't want to miss practice. My son hasn't ever had one-he is a swimmer, too. I was also a swimmer and never suffered from them. Sounds like you injured yourself diving?

Take care all. Enjoy the resurgence of summer--it will be gone before we know it.

Wishing you all well.
 
Good to hear that you and your OS didn't have anything to talk about! :egypdance: You sound like you are doing wonderful! Hooray! :happydance:

Have a wonderful evening! Try to get some solid consistent sleep. Take care :flwrysmile:
 
There you are ready, I wanted to wish you only the best on your return to your classroom :) you must be
So excited :happydance: it's great you & your o.s had nothing to talk about :heehee:
Per daughter stalker s request the o.d.i.c card has been burnt in my fire pit :yes!: so you can't have it back :rotfl:
Don't forget to bring some ice packs to school with you, you will be glad you did :ok:
Please let us know how it goes,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....getting on with life......
 
Thanks for the well wishes new knee in June and daughter stalker . My energy level seems higher than it has in years, so I am hoping for a successful return. Too bad we are in a return of the summer heat just when we are heading back.

I don't even need a card for the ODIC I am so regular. Glad you burned yours. You may open a new one and save 10%. (whoa, too much shopping lately My husband says "it's really hard to feel sorry for you" when I over do...again.

I have 9 living siblings, 8 of which will be coming with their kids and grand kids on Sunday. It has been several years since we had such a large group of us together, so I am really looking forward to it. I am going to use my recovery as an excuse to not have everything trimmed and tidied. I will probably never have as good of an excuse again, so I am using it!

Can you believe it is Friday already, and Labor day next weekend. Did you ever think we would make it through the summer? Nice going, ladies. Now have a great weekend!
 
Dear ready,
Save 10 percent & frequent flyer miles :dancy: I might re-apply & get another card :rotfl: have a wonderful
Sunday with your family. There are so many folks, you can just sit & point & people will help you :heehee:
Take care, have fun, no o.d.i.c :no-fin:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Ready
Enjoy your weekend with your family! Please let people help you if you need it. It sounds like there will be many there to help. :) I don't want to hear that you over did it.

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Ready
Good morning! Thinking of you with your first day back to work. I know you will do great! Please let us know how you are doing and how it went. Best wishes for a wonderful first day back to work!

Take Care :flwrysmile:
 
Dear ready,
Good luck on your first day back to work :) hoping for a smooth transition from icing & elevating to
Getting on with your life :happydance:
Please post on how it goes.....
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks new knee in June and daughter stalker for your well wishes and checking in with me. Although I left the house at 730 this morning, and after several after school responsibilities that didn't get me home until 7:30 tonight, it didOK. We had technology training, so it was a sitting day. Tomorrow will be a better test as I have more travel around the district. The building is so stifling hot that it is hard to focus. The forcast does not look good for cooling it down until well past labor day. Poor kids.

Yesterday, we hosted my family for a party. We had a great time despite high heat and humidity. I was totally exhausted, and more sore than I had been in a while, but felt much better today. I was hoping for good sleep, but it wasn't the greatest. Maybe tonight.

Now, to try and squeeze in some time to exercise and get back in shape....
Best to you all.
 
The building is so stifling hot that it is hard to focus. The forcast does not look good for cooling it down until well past labor day. Poor kids.

And poor teachers!:cry: I definitely know what the heat and humidity will do to you!:groan: Hope it cools off and your buildings cool down soon.



Yesterday, we hosted my family for a party. We had a great time despite high heat and humidity. I was totally exhausted, and more sore than I had been in a while, but felt much better today. I was hoping for good sleep, but it wasn't the greatest. Maybe tonight.

:shocked:You never stop! You are amazing!:yahoo:



Now, to try and squeeze in some time to exercise and get back in shape....

Okay, now, where do you get your energy pills? :spin: I am out and need a refill!

I am so glad to hear such good things! Have a great Wednesday and sleep well!

Becca
 
Becca You are so funny. No, not amazing, just a slow learner when it comes to being in the ODIC. But I am a lifelong learner, so....:scratch: what does that mean exactly. Truthfully, I have no clue where my energy is coming from--certainly not from my sleep, although last night was better. I am trying some homeopathic sleep remedies, so we will see. The latest is coffea cruda (seriously, that is what it is called). You and daughter stalker are blazing the trail for me in re-employment category. Both of you are so upbeat and inspirational.

I got to come home at reasonable time. My kids have my hubbie's vehicle, so I don't need to wait around until 7 to pick them up from practice. I already read the local paper (it only gets published once a week and takes all of 7 minutes), replied to emails, and now catching up here. We have endless leftovers from our party, so no supper to prep. These days don't happen often once school starts. Bliss!

Off to pick a few tomatoes--the only thing the deer didn't eat in my garden. Sleep well, all.
 
Ready

Sounds like you are getting to enjoy your evening! That is awesome! :dancy:

Sleep gets better...sputter, sputter, sputter. :mcoffee: Well, that's what I hear. My sleep is a little better than it was before I started working so I guess I can make the "sleep gets better" statement. :heehee:

Do you need the talk I gave to Bionic woman2 about the ODIC? :what: Keep the card in your purse and try not to pull it out! :no-fin: I know it is hard, but you will need to try. :beg: It's okay if it does a jig or boogies in your purse. :happydance: Mine fusses up a ruckus, but we aren't talking about my ODIC card. As long as no one sees it things will be okay! :rotfl: I work in a prison...and you believe me? :loll:

Have a wonderful evening and I hope for some peaceful sleep for you tonight! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ready,
I have just caught up on your thread. I have not been keeping up since I went back to work, just dipping in and out. As life gets back to normal it just gets harder to find the time.
I am so pleased to read about how well you have been doing. It gives me great hope for my recovery from knee 2.
Take it easy now you are back to work and try to hold on to a little "me" time, you deserve it.
I will enjoy having time to catch up with BS buddies after knee 2.
Have a great day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom