TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings again. I am busting to tell someone....
One year and 3 weeks after my Left TKR and 9 months and 2 weeks after my Right TKR, I have rejoined the skiing world. My family and some friends took a trip to Montana and I was able to ski 3 days. The only breaks I took were for lunch. I even ventured down a few runs with some mogals (don't tell Doctor Gary)! I did not feel my knees even once!!! While all of the other adults were stiff and sore and complaining of thier knees aching, mine were not sore a bit (OK, my quads ached on the 3rd day). We drove 18 hours with just breaks for bathroom, gas and breakfast--no problem getting out of the car. I felt like a spring chicken. To say I am excited is an understatement. Praise to God for everything! I wish all of you an equally successful and thrilling recovery.
 
I have rejoined the skiing world
:yay: I'm so happy to read your report!.... I've been itching to get back on my new fat skis as I hear the spring conditions on our local hill have been near-perfect for the last 3 weeks or so, but at 5 months post-op I'm still recovering so I guess I'm well advised to keep off them until next season :boohoo:.... So if you can take a few turns for me I'd be much obliged! :SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
Whooohoooo.....absolutely awesome! You sure have more courage than I do.......How fun that must have been for you! It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? I am really happy for you!

So good to hear from you again!
 
Today marks one year since my RTKR. No regrets! It's so fun to be active without pain. One of the benefits I wasn't expecting is that I have no more back pain.

Wishing you all success on your journeys.
 
Congrats to you Ready. My one year is coming up fast and I have no regrets either.. Keep up the good work and enjoy your ski-ing.
 
Today marks one year since my RTKR. No regrets! It's so fun to be active without pain. One of the benefits I wasn't expecting is that I have no more back pain.

Wishing you all success on your journeys.
Thank you Ready. Reading these posts make it seem to be all worth while. I don't plan on down hill skiing anymore but I want to be able to snow shoe and X-Country ski next winter and golf my butt off next summer! You make it seem doable!

@scaredinCA - congratulations to you as well and thanks for the inspiration!!
 
Hi Ready, I've just been catching up with you. What a wonderful report.
I am so pleased to read about your skiing and your enjoyment of life with your new knees.
I am loving my knees too. They have transformed my life. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom