Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready Just dropping in to see how you are doing. I am sure you are busy busy since the school year is now underway. So glad to read that your knees have been cooperating and that you are already almost three months post op. Time sure does fly, doesn't it. I am now a little over 4 months post op and it is amazing how well my knee is doing. I am doing all my normal activities and most times don't even think about my knee. Haven't been able to say that for years!! Actually went to my grandson's school yesterday and put my name on the list of volunteers for teacher helpers. (being a retired teacher, I know how nice it is to have some help sometimes) I did this two years ago and really enjoyed it but I had to stop when my knee flared up. Many of the elementary teachers are former students so that makes it even more special to help them.

Hope your school year is off to a good start. Take care of yourself and don't push too hard!! Enjoy your Labor Day weekend>
 
Hi Toothfairy and maddoxsmama Good to hear from you. By now, toothfairy, you are out of surgery and on the other side, again. I will jump over to your thread to see if you've posted yet. Cathy, how good of you to volunteer. And how special that there are so many former students who chose education as a career path.

Tonight was open house. Miserable! No AC and 96 degrees, hundreds of people. UGGGGG. I was so tired from standing on the hard floors in dress shoes. We have off tomorrow, thank goodness. I am ready to walk in on Tuesday morning and start. That will really be the test to see how normal I am.
 
Ready, I went to my son's senior/curriculum night this evening. So I feel your pain! His school is probably bigger than the Pentagon! I've never been, but I'm sure of it. :umm: :yes: Talk about The Green Mile. I took a pic and posted it on my thread. I swear (and I don't swear) it grew since the last time I was there pre-op! lol I'm so glad this is his senior year.

Get some rest and enjoy your long weekend. :)
 
Bionic woman2 Gotta love those hallways. Great analogy with the Green Mile. I used to look at the halls like that, but not any more. Every time I venture from the gym to main section of the building, I need to do 17 stairs. I used to take the ramp, but now I just take the stairs without even thinking.

Senior year...where oh where does the time go. My son is a Jr. and I am already dreading all of "the last" of everything. I will buzz over to check out your thread. Have a good weekend.
 
Hi Ready, haven't had a chance to read your thread, but something you said to TF I so wanted to pick up on. It was that having enforced rest with RTKR actually helped LTKR. I am really struggling with the thought of having to go through all of this again. Looking at your op dates and how close they are fills me with admiration for you. So to hear op1 actually helped op 2 is refreshing.

I suppose the downside FOR ME is that if I read your thread I would find out that you are one of these really lucky people who were climbing hills at 6wks. But in some ways it doesn't matter. The more success stories the better. It will help me reduce my Fear of the Known when it comes to right knee op. Carol
 
I need to do 17 stairs. I used to take the ramp, but now I just take the stairs without even thinking.

Wow! Ready, "Did I ever tell you you're my Heeeero-o-Ooh!" :whistle: "Not even thinking about it!" Double wow! :yay: Every know and then I have that feeling like I can take the stairs like a big girl. :happydance: It's usually on the way up though. The other day I got the feeling while standing at the top of the stairs, but decided against it because I was planning on doing some walking. Smart move on my part, by the time I was done w/my walk baby steps was the way to go. lol

It was that having enforced rest with RTKR actually helped LTKR. I am really struggling with the thought of having to go through all of this again. Looking at your op dates and how close they are fills me with admiration for you. So to hear Op 1 actually helped op 2 is refreshing.

I feel the same way Patient. The closer my date gets, the more I say to myself... I gotta go through this all over again. :gaah: I'm glad there's hope that following the BS mantra may lead to a smoother 2nd surgery. Ready, I'm having my 2nd one done in about the same time frame as you did, So I will be leaning on you (Yuk Yuk :loll: ) for support.
 
patient 99 I certainly do feel like one of the lucky ones, but no hill climbing at 6 weeks, unless you count my driveway. I had my share of bad days, but it's like giving birth: you forget. Fear of the Known is a true statement, but there is also comfort in knowing what's around the bend and that you did it. The timing seemed right for me to charge ahead. It worked for me. You will do great.

Bionic woman2 There are lots of heroes on this site, but thanks for the kind words. If you'd see me now lounging with my feet up, you might not say that. I still have plenty of opportunities to ice and take some pain reliever, and lots of nights where sleep is only a dream. I think a person just has to expect it, then accept it. Your date is soon approaching. Try to enjoy your next few weeks without thinking about your surgery.

Have a good weekend
 
Hi Ready,
I am glad to see you are doing well. It sounds like you had an awesome week! Enjoy your 3 day weekend. I am so glad you had a great week! Please keep us updated.

Take care:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ready!

I am checking in on you for day one with kids! Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you, Superwoman! :flwrysmile:Let us know how it went when you get a chance! I am also hoping it was a cooler day for you.

I am in the ODIC club right now for overexercising this afternoon, now elevating and icing. :headbang:

Becca
 
Thanks for checking in on me again. I wasn't ignoring you, but didn't get home from the swimming meet until around 10. Makes for a very long first day of school when we were all up and out the door by 7. After feeding our very hungry swimmer and manager, packing my lunch for tomorrow, and getting things ready for supper tomorrow, I am just now settling down to catch my breath. I was so sleepy on the drive home, but got my second wind. I hope I can fall asleep!

Other than the length of the day and technology letting me down, it was great. The day went by pretty quickly, but I will admit that by lunch time I was ready to be off my feet. The knees are pretty fat right now, so I am off to bed with some ice packs. I am hoping that each day gets easier.

Hope you are all sleeping already and that you have a wonderful Wednesday.
 
Just caught up on some reading, unbelievable amount of energy you girls have. Im feeling slack as, I think I may need a job or something..lol Then I may have to do more than I am. I need a push......Nothing to motivate me, may make my recovery quicker. Have a great Thursday.
 
Ready I don't know how you did it! WOW! :shocked: You are Wonder Woman! I bet your knees were fussing at you. I hope your knees responded to the ice and that you have a slower, but great day today! :happydance:

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Much better day today. I made myself sit while I talked with the students and didn't make too many trips around the building. I spent a few hours cleaning some shelves in my office while I waited for my daughter to finish practice. Came home to a crock pot supper--5 minutes from walking in to eating supper. Tomorrow is another long day as I have to work at the concession stand.
Have a good day all
 
Good morning. I am not even sure what week I am on, I think Monday will be 14 weeks. Life has returned to what is was before, but without as much pain. I just finished a full week of outdoor teaching with no sitting during my classes. I don't really have time to ice during the day, but that has been OK. I usually take some Tylenol at lunch time, but for the most part, I am able to do most everything I want. My knee won't bend far enough for demonstrating some stretches, and I still feel like a scarecrow when I try to run, but I can do my job! My days are so full! We leave home at 7 and don't return until 7 or later depending on if there is a meet or other event to attend. The hard thing now is squeezing in some exercise time. I sleep well, except when my mind is racing. Weekends, when there is no swimming meet, are for catching up on the house. Today is a day for canning tomatoes as well as hosting 7 teens for the day, so I better get myself to the farmers market and gear up.

Miss you all, but from what I am reading, you are all doing well. Have a great weekend!
 
What a treat I gave myself today: I came home after school and will drive back in to town later to pick up my kids . I decided to treat myself to that once a week. Now that my son has early morning Jazz band 2x a week, the days start even sooner. Oh, how I wish we had the $$ for another vehicle!

I have to share...Today we had an evacuation drill. All of our students walk about 3 blocks to a nearby church. I led my class of 3rd graders and they could barely keep up, even though I didn't think I was walking very fast! The teacher that brought up the rear called me a speed walker. AND NO PAIN!! I worked the concession stand last night, which is 4 hours on a cement floor, and didn't think once about my knees. Wow, God is good to me! I always have a little stiffness in the morning, but by the time I get to the bathroom, I am walking pretty normally.

Suppose I should cook supper as long as I am home....

Best to you all!
 
Glad that you treated yourself Ready! You deserve it... :yes!:

So you are speed walking these days? Good for you that you can walk without pain! I am sure it is a wonderful feeling. I can't wait to get there. :SUNsmile: Sounds like you are doing awesome! You are 10 days before me and already doing so well. You are my hero! :bow:
 
I've just caught up on your post Ready,
Fantastic progress. You are a real inspiration.
Both knees done and fully back in the swing of things.
Your days sound so hectic, I am in awe of what you pack in to a day.
Enjoy your wonderful new knees,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Glad to see you are doing so well! :) Nice to hear from you! Keep checking in to let us know how you are doing!

Becca
 
Hi Ready! Just stopping by to see how you are doing. I hope the school year is going well and you are also.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom