Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is such an inspiring story about you all making the coffin. I feel so much for his wife and two little girls. What a tragic waste of life. Send you my deepest sympathy and sending you prayers and comfort for you all.
 
I am so sorry for your loss, Ready, and for all those who knew and loved Brandon. What a tragedy. It sounds as though Brandon had contemplated life and death, and I'm sure that he must have known the Lord, as close as he was to your family. I pray for peace and restoration for all of you.
 
What an awful tragedy for a young family to endure.
The coffin building sounds like a great tradition to start
 
Dulcimer Diva bottomshollow Lovestoread daughter stalker maddoxsmama robynhood Carolina girl 50yrold and speccybecky THANK YOU all for you kind words and prayers. God hears. It has certainly been a difficult few days for so many. If I may share a few more things, as I think it renews our faith in the younger generation. His brother and some of his buddies are going to dig his grave by hand this evening. They just all want a part in laying him to rest. Also, given Brandon's love of farming, instead of a hearse, his casket will be on a hay rack pulled by a John Deere tractor. When his family came to see the casket we had built, they all said it was perfect and exactly what he had pictured. The thoughts were flying about what they could do to further honor him. They are truly making this all about Brandon and his life.

My husband is missing his nephew, mentee, and young friend each time he goes to the barn, but is such a man of faith that he is doing OK. Again, thanks for letting me share so personally. It helps.
 
I am sure your faith will help you and your family in the coming weeks. Its so hard to cope with a TKR and you have had BOTH done this year and are now coping with all this. Please know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Your bonesmartie family will always be here for you.
 
Dear Ready, I'm so very sorry to read about this horrible, tragic loss! I feel such sorrow for the wife and children. Sending prayers and big hugs their way, and for you and your family, as well. Love, Barbara :console2:
 
Ready, as you can see, your BoneSmart family is rallying around you out of the love and caring we all share for each other.

Please accept my sympathy for all that you are going through. I know this is such a difficult time. I pray for you all and especially those little girls. It will be so important as they grow up to hear stories about how wonderful and passionate their father was. I am in awe of all your family and friends are doing to honor his memory. What a warm and loving relationship you have. May God bless each of you.
 
What a wonderful and loving thing you all did in building that coffin! My prayers are with you and your family and friends. A terrible tragedy to lose a young life like that. I believe he is in the hands of the Lord now, and there's no better, safer place in all creation.

Love and the peace of the Lord be with you all.
 
robynhood eastside85 Jamie gazelle7777 Butterfly Thank you all for you words and prayers. It has been a truly long week, but also lots of activities to keep life normal. Brandon is now resting with Jesus, so the focus now is on his wife, girls, and family and friends. Thanks again. Now, back to recovery.
 
Ready

I am so sorry to hear this! I have been so wrapped up in my own problems, I haven't seen this in your thread! My prayers go out to you and your family!
Becca
 
Week 6: I think last night was the first night in 4 1/2 months that I slept well enough to dream! I do wake a few times during the night, but thankfully can fall back to sleep. PT dismissed me last week. I was able to reach 0 and almost 120, she knows I will continue to work hard (as a matter of fact, just got done with exercises and biking). I have weaned down to only 1/2 pill at night. I was suppose to OS today but his office called to reschedule. I saw him at 2 and 4 weeks, and today was just to talk about stepping down with the meds. Done, so I just made an appt. for 10 weeks. It is so fun to be almost normal again. Heading out now for a walk and then a short shopping trip.

Our family is ready to move on from our long and sorrow-filled week. But thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. Becca Thanks for your thoughts. I certainly didn't want to hijack your thread. Hope you have a great week.
 
Hi Ready,
I caught up with your thread this morning before work. What sad times for you all. I am sure Brandon's wife and family will benefit greatly from the warm and loving support around them over the coming months and years.
You are all in my thoughts.
Your courage and resolve in picking yourself up and moving on is an inspiration. I am sure you will have your ups and downs.
You are making wonderful progress. Enjoy your return to normality but take it in little steps.
Try to avoid the over did it club.
Take care, love Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ready,

How are you doing these days? Haven't heard from you lately. Please give us an update.

Have a great day! :flwrysmile:
 
Toothfairy Don't see you around much. Good to hear from you. No doubt, that new knee and new mobility keep you outside and active vs. inside on the forum. That's a good thing. Have you been continuing to swim and bike? Any date yet?

daughter stalker Thanks for checking in on me. Everyone seems to be settling back into routine after our long week. The knee is doing OK. I try to ride my ex. bike each day for 20-30 minutes and also have been starting to take walks. I am up to a whopping 15 minutes:yay: . It still makes my newest knee ache and get stiff, obviously swelling a little, but I have no problems with the first one. Sleep is good some nights, other nights not so. I am looking forward the both knees being happy all day. Soon!!
 
Hi Ready,
I am doing well thanks. I am keeping very busy with work and life in general. I pop around the forum and have a read and catch up with people's posts but don't always find time to post myself.
I am trying to swim at least twice a week and I am on my exercise bike for 30 minutes most days. I also walk when I can find a minute.
We had a few days away last week and did a couple of 7 mile walks and a couple of 4 mile walks.
I loved it.
I still haven't got a date. I am getting frustrated. I tried to phone and enquire earlier this week but couldn't get through. I will try again tomorrow.
Work is a struggle with the internal politics, unrealsistic targets etc. My job is certainly not secure at the moment.
I am very impressed at the progress your second knee is making. I certainly couldn't cycle for 30 minutes at your stage.
Each day brings you closer to that magical day when those two new knees are trouble free.
I am delighted with knee one but it still does get stiff if I really overdo things, I find by the end of my working week on a Thursday my knee is ready for a break.
I hope you are finding some nice things to do to pass the time while you are recuperating.
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :yes: :flwrysmile:
 
Toothfairy Oh, so good to hear how well you are doing! Those walks sound divine compared to my measly 15 minutes. We live in the country with the nearest town 12 miles away--great for walks, not for amenities. But there is a facility that caters to those over 50 with a warm pool and workout space. I have been trying to find time to visit. I have one month to prepare my body to return to work full time. The beginning of the school year is pretty brutal even when healthy, so I need to keep focused on building my stamina.

Sorry work has its share of stressers for you. It may make you appreciate your second recovery time-off. Glad your day ends on Thursday. It sure would be nice if you could get you date for your surgery. Soon.

Thanks again for visiting. Enjoy your weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom