Guest viewing is limited

TKR Randi's In Recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic news Randi. Seems our rollercoaster recovery is just that for more months that we thought in mid December!
 
Randi, Please don't feel you don't belong here. When I came I had many issues and still do. All parts of the body effects different parts of the body. Yes this one has to do with knee and hips but they are connected to the back. and the back is connected to the head. Who says that the hip and knee problems didn't get the back ? I have conic pain in my feet because of a accident and it does effect my knee and hip when they are being a pain. I fell right or wrong coming here I find more solution to other things other than just hips and knees. We are here for each other. Please know I am rooting for you and at any time I can help I will. so please take care and do remember you a member of a family which really cares about you. I know you need your space to make a decision but do remember we are here also to listen. Please take care. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Okay -so my TKR knee has said ..not so fast ! I was really feeling so much better but yesterday had one episode of 'catching' while walking and then today, in the pool, I heard and felt a major pull behind my knee. Now, 2 hours later, it feels stiff and is very sore walking stairs but otherwise not bad. I am so confused. Is any of this normal at 8 months post-op?

I've been back doing physio for almost 6 weeks, focusing on quad strengthening because that seemed to be the problem, but I'm not so sure at all. So now my quads are stronger, my knee cap does not seem to be moving but the knee just doesn't feel right. Is this just another case of being too impatient or am I right that something else is going on? Help, please !!!
 
Hi Randi, mine felt the same yesterday. Stiff and sore up the back. I have a bakers cyst so put it down to that and the work I'd done in the morning for the hamstrings (I went a bit more aggressive with them than usual). My quads are improving too, and no longer give way. Not sure if I've helped, except perhaps we're both at same point in recovery.
 
Upset today. My TKR knee is very sore after yesterday's weird episode . Couldn't do hardly anything at physio and the PT is suggesting I see the OS sooner than scheduled.

I wish I could be as inspiring as others. I hope that day will come.
 
Sorry about your weird episode yesterday! A reminder that it is a long road! One of my knees slipped a little today, just to say that vacation is over and it's back to recovery.
 
Upset today. My TKR knee is very sore after yesterday's weird episode . Couldn't do hardly anything at physio and the PT is suggesting I see the OS sooner than scheduled.

I wish I could be as inspiring as others. I hope that day will come.
Randi,


You are not alone in the herniated disc department either. My cervical c-5 I think, is herniated. I can reach back and feel the disc bulging. It has been awhile since I have even seen the neurosurgeon with all of the knee issues, but when I turn my neck to the left, I can hear the popping noises. It gets painful sometimes, but I am trying to deal with "Capsie" so it has taken a back seat. The neuro also mentioned something about spondosis or something like that with two vertebrae at the t-1and t-2 level, but I have put that out of my mind as well. I had back surgery to get the crushed discs off my sciatic nerve in 2005, and I have never had any more problems with that area thank God!

I am falling apart, osteoarthritis is in my feet, my right ankle, my back, and my neck! Oh well, at least I still have my mind! :happydance: (well I think I do anyway!) :rotfl:

By the way Randi to date 4,003 people have read your thread! Sounds like you have a lot of supporters out there, they may just not know what to say! :happydance: You know I am never at a loss for words! LOL :heehee:
 
Randi, Sorry to hear about this, You didn't need it to say the least. If I could I would send you some healing power. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go to the store and get such idem. You are taking something for pain? I know I get tired of taken stuff too but if I have to, I have to. I have come to the conclusion that the first year can be really ups and downs. You have come so far please don't feel that you haven't. We will all make this together. Please take care and do have fun. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Randi,


You are not alone in the herniated disc department either. My cervical c-5 I think, is herniated. I can reach back and feel the disc bulging. It has been awhile since I have even seen the neurosurgeon with all of the knee issues, but when I turn my neck to the left, I can hear the popping noises. It gets painful sometimes, but I am trying to deal with "Capsie" so it has taken a back seat. The neuro also mentioned something about spondosis or something like that with two vertebrae at the t-1and t-2 level, but I have put that out of my mind as well. I had back surgery to get the crushed discs off my sciatic nerve in 2005, and I have never had any more problems with that area thank God!

I am falling apart, osteoarthritis is in my feet, my right ankle, my back, and my neck! Oh well, at least I still have my mind! :happydance: (well I think I do anyway!) :rotfl:

By the way Randi to date 4,003 people have read your thread! Sounds like you have a lot of supporters out there, they may just not know what to say! :happydance: You know I am never at a loss for words! LOL :heehee:


Sonja -You are way too young to be falling apart ! :snork: Get thee to the neurosurgeon toute suite !
 
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
This is how we feel so often when things are not going well at all, and we can't figure out why. And so I'm sending you
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
and hope things improve very soon.
 
Randi, I know how you feel, feel like your falling apart. Right now I am also struggling but that is life. How are you doing? Hope things get better. Take care.:puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle2: moving toward :bicycle1:
 
Hello all...

I too have a TKR from December (hello Campervan and Randi! :) ) ...and that knee is doing pretty well. The June TKR has a long way to go to catch up but it is getting better slowly. The other day I walked around my neighborhood with no cane or other device and everything seemed great...but since then I've been having a bit of hip and back pain so I probably have to slow down the weaning off the cane.

My point is that we all have our issues and recovery rates. Hope the general trend is that we're improving! This is turning into a very long year though! :sigh:
 
Hi. Decided not to come back until I had something good to say..Well, today I walked all the way around a very crowded mall without knee pain ---Hooray !:happydance: I really believe that not doing my knee physio for 2 weeks has made the difference...not sure if it was the wrong thing or if the acupuncture/massage/back physio has helped - or maybe it's just that time has healed whatever it was that I did to my TKR knee in May (that nobody seems to have figured out..) but for today at least I really don't care !:heehee:

Now, if I can only get past the symptoms of my herniated disc, degenerating spine and hip bursitis I can get back to my life again...
 
Hello all...

I too have a TKR from December (hello Campervan and Randi! :) ) ...

My point is that we all have our issues and recovery rates. Hope the general trend is that we're improving! This is turning into a very long year though! :sigh:

Yup !! Not the way I thought it would go, though I was warned. Hope your number 2 knee catches up to December soon !
 
Hi Randi and Bassplayer, yep been so slow for both Randi and myself. I still can't straight leg raise and have a few other aches and pains and stiffness but I can walk up and down the hills now for up to a couple of hours, so I'm feeling pleased at that. No idea what my ROM is now, but probably not much more than 115 at a guess.

And Randi, sounds like you've come along in the past couple of weeks.

Bassplayer, your knee will catch up. I met up with Diane (Diney) a few weeks ago when she was visiting New Zealand and one knee was 9 months post op and the other 6 months post op. Her 9 month was doing wonderfully and 6 month not too bad either.
 
Just stopping by to say hey...I've been lurking around but not much to say. I think it's because I'm afraid to say how well things have been going lest I jinx myself again. My TKR knee is behaving very nicely now that I stopped that physio..I'm doing things like going up and down stairs without holding on to anything and not even thinking about it -:happydance: and finally back to walking my big goof tho not so far yet. I'll be seeing a new knee specialist PT on Thursday who is part of the team where I'm going for my back and hip issues. Together we are all working towards an exercise program that lets me work on strengthening - and maybe even weight loss :whistle: :- without terrorizing yet another body part...I'm really happy to finally be able to move forward .It's been a long haul.

Hope you're all doing well. Love to hear from you :SUNsmile:
 
Randi, so glad you posted. Been thinking of you lately, we sure have ups and down don't we. Life is so interesting, glad to hear that you are ok. Keep going in this direction and we all will make it. Please don't stay away so long my friend, Keep me posted, I care. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom