TKR Randi's In Recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are moving in the right direction. Please be careful and do take care. Sending all the healing waves I can send. Tashia
 
Well...one more little issue. Back at trauma clinic yesterday where I'm now on a special protocol for "single incident multiple trauma" folks...Confirmed that bumps and bruises , broken nose and elbow are mending but shoulder not so much. Now waiting for appointment for MRI to see what's going on there...The "S" word was mentioned as a possibility but I will work oh so hard to avoid that. I'm getting tired of all this nonsense. :headbang:

Still, watching what's going on in New York, New Jersey and around the world I am grateful for all I have and how lucky we were here in Toronto with this crazy storm. We did have one sad death, a woman hit by an overhead sign that flew off in the wind, lots of fallen trees, several house fires, several thousand homes without power temporarily..but lucky overall.

As an aside, the trauma OS is very impressed with my TKR results - makes me show him how well I can move and bend every time I come !:yay:
 
Hi Randi, lets hope your shoulder settles down and no "S" needed.
 
How are you doing? I hope all is improving. Love Tashia
 
Tashia -You're so sweet to check up on me. I'm doing fine. It will just take some time for all the parts to heal. Hope you're doing well.
 
Hi Randi,

Dropped by to say hello. :)
Hope your shoulder is "S" free! I'm doing ok; don't have much endurance for long walks. I have to build it up.
 
Hi Randi,

Dropped by to say hello. :)
Hope your shoulder is "S" free! I'm doing ok; don't have much endurance for long walks. I have to build it up.


Hi back. Don't worry about your endurance. You've had two major surgeries after not being able to walk much for a long time. One step at a time as they say. I'm shocked at how much I can walk now..as long as I don't fall flat on my face.
 
Hi back. Don't worry about your endurance. You've had two major surgeries after not being able to walk much for a long time. One step at a time as they say. I'm shocked at how much I can walk now..as long as I don't fall flat on my face.

Thanks Randi. Maybe I'm too worried about building endurance. I have been very frustrated by how little I can manage though. But there are small gains here and there...

Hope you're feeling well!
 
Thanks Randi. Maybe I'm too worried about building endurance. I have been very frustrated by how little I can manage though. But there are small gains here and there...

Hope you're feeling well!


Feeling so much better...and you -please remember -small steps lead to big gains !
 
Randi I agree about the storm. It's so scary thinking that so many people are homeless and so many still haven't been helped, no electricity. I heard one young mommy telling how they wrapped up their 3 year old daughter between them to keep her warm. So much tragedy. it does make me/us so thankful. I'm glad you're feeling a little better and I hope you mend quickly. It's time for us to start bubble wrapping ourselves when we go out especially you in the ice!
 
Hi all. Just dropping in to say hi and wish all a good holiday season. Just got back from an amazing South American adventure. I walked and walked and climbed mountains and got in and out of buses, trains, cable cars, planes and boats of all shapes and sizes, and climbed thousands of stairs -and my knee did me proud. So happy birthday new-knee, I'm proud of you and happy to have you. Hope all of you are progressing and appreciating every day. Be well.
 
I'm so glad you had a great trip Randi! Something for me to look forward to in a few months - getting on and off the train without worrying about falling! :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
Randi, what a great update on your activities---I'm so glad your trip was wonderful and that you could do all those things with a knee that was totally up for it. It took a while, but you DID get there!!!! Don't be a stranger. Drop in with an update now and then to inspire all the new members.
Have a wonderful holiday.
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
 
Randy, I'm so glad you checked in, I was getting concerned about you. What a wonderful trip, I am so happy you had a good trip and that your knee is doing what its surpose to. Were did you put your wonderful dog during this time. When my dog was alive I found a place that she loved to go to. Its good for them to have a vacation after all the stress of taking care of you during your recover. i bet he is glad to have you home. Give him a hug for me. I sure miss a dog. I am getting closer to getting one. Please keep in touch because I care. Take care but do have fun. Merry Christmas.
 
Hi Randi, it was wonderful to read your upbeat and happy post! I am so glad that things are going so swell for you. You have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday too!
 
Randi, you are simply amazing! I am so happy that your knee has decided to get on the right path!

You deserve it my friend! :happydance:
 
Hi Randi,

So glad to hear that you are doing so well! Amazing!!!! And much deserved! Happy New Year!

bassplayer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom