TKR Randi's In Recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh Randi, I'm so sorry your having trouble. Pain is tiring and I find its hard to stay positive. Please remember we care and even through we can't be there. please remember I care. Please keep us informed. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Thanks Lori and Kneeper. I do appreciate your concern.
 
Thanks Tashia. It really does help to know all of you care.
 
Long story short (I'm trying anyway...) ...he said I have a lot of arthritic changes, etc in my spine but the "real deal" is that I have degenerative spondylolisthesis at L3- L4. (You can look that up if you're interested). Interesting because my spinal fusion was due to congenital spondylolisthesis at L5-S1. Apparently these are two different conditions although both act the same way though the first is more severe (???) Orthodoc;

Your descriptions are good. The severity is not dependent on the type, but more on how much"slip" occurs. Here is some more info on spondylolisthesis.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00053

Orthodoc
 
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
just because you probably need some and I want you to have them.
 
Randi, Thought I would drop by to say HI and give you a big hug. The good news at least you now know whats going on I thing. I do better if I know. This is upsetting but we can't change our bodies or I would of years ago. :rotfl: Please take care. Remember keep pain under control and don't let swelling get you. Hows that dog doing? Everytime I come here I love to look at the picture of him. It is a he right? Senior moment here. :heehee: Driving is so cool and fun at least you can still do that. When I'm down I count my blessing. Hug your dog for me. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Thanks guys . Yes, Tashia , Oliver is definitely a "he". :puppysmooze: He provides much needed comic relief though I do feel so badly that I can't walk him very far these days. Instead we slowly get to a little park at our corner where I stand and throw him sticks which he brings almost back...:happydance:
 
Hi Randi!

Now let's see.... You have a kneecap that is misbehaving huh? So do I! I think we ought to form a "capsises" club! :happydance:
Will it make our knee better? Don't know! Will it lift our spirits? Of course it will! When you have something in common with another person, at least you can laugh, cry, or just plain old :headbang: together. Then the best thing is you know that you have a prayer buddy!
 
Hi Randi!

Now let's see.... You have a kneecap that is misbehaving huh? So do I! I think we ought to form a "capsises" club! :happydance:
Will it make our knee better? Don't know! Will it lift our spirits? Of course it will! When you have something in common with another person, at least you can laugh, cry, or just plain old :headbang: together. Then the best thing is you know that you have a prayer buddy!


Sounds good to me--you can be the president !:heehee:
 
For calling the meeting to order? or for bopping poor Randi over the head? or for smashing your kneecaps when they misbehave? I would fear the lady with a gavel.
 
For calling the meeting to order? or for bopping poor Randi over the head? or for smashing your kneecaps when they misbehave? I would fear the lady with a gavel.

Nah...not fear...R E S P E C T..like Aretha!!!:happydance:
 
Memo from the President

Capsie is not being a good soldier right now. Do you think I should mention air gun nailer, or just go ahead with it and REALLY show it who's boss? :happydance:
 
:puppysmooze: I stand and throw him sticks which he brings almost back...:happydance:
Sounds like our Black Lab mix, Roscoe. He LOVES to chase sticks but he loves more teasing us by coming almost all the way back and then whipping his head away before we can grab the stick to throw it again! He's a sweetie.:yes:
 
For calling the meeting to order? or for bopping poor Randi over the head? or for smashing your kneecaps when they misbehave? I would fear the lady with a gavel.
Judy, Judy, Judy, oh yea of little faith! :whistle: What do most President's do with a gavel? They bring the meeting to order, and Randi is one of those that could be charged with disorderly conduct or so I have heard! After all her dog looks ferocious, and I'm afraid he would eat my weenie dogs for a snack! :rotfl:

Randi I think I need an upgrade to a steel gavel! :happydance:
 
Memo from the President

Capsie is not being a good soldier right now. Do you think I should mention air gun nailer, or just go ahead with it and REALLY show it who's boss? :happydance:


Let's go for a non-violet protest ! Refuse it any ice or rest until it behaves!
 
Sounds like our Black Lab mix, Roscoe. He LOVES to chase sticks but he loves more teasing us by coming almost all the way back and then whipping his head away before we can grab the stick to throw it again! He's a sweetie.:yes:

My guy exactly. But then he gets annoyed when I don't chase him to get it back !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom