Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@glmrphy & @Me2....... I know about that energy drain, it does hit fast without warning. I am lucky that I am the Director and everyone knows me, they even have told me to take a break. I don't sit for more then 20-30 minutes, cuz I get stiff, then I get up and visit with my seniors, check the food I the kitchen, grab a drink, then go back to the office. I am only doing 4 hours so far, but still doing "homework"! That stuff never ends, would love to have a sweep or mop fairy come and visit my house. I am 5 weeks post op, feels like it has been forever, see the OS on Tuesday to get my xrays and to see what he will release me to, full days or half for a bit more, looking forward to the go ahead on sex too! I am way too frustrated and boy that would be such a wonderful release! Hopefully it won't kill my DH although that is the way he wants to go, will definitely plan that event before an energy drain! Holler at yall after Tuesdays appt. Love ya
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, I was hoping on go ahead tomorrow (at 12 day check-up?) . . . not even so worried about the "regular action" but that "wonderful release" :heehee: I have to tell surgeon that we need special code word so he knows what happens but I do NOT want the whole hospital to know if I break :rotfl: The head of the PT will suspect -- I told him they need to add that "recreational therapy" to their protocol. He told me that it would be illegal. :loll:
 
@Me2....How funny, special code, I'm just gonna tell him if I dislocate something that he gave me the go ahead! Would like to see how the code that under the insurance paperwork! I wonder if anyone would even fess up if they dislocated from sex.....I think or hope that you know when to stop.....you know it's like having that "special" word to know when to stop, just hopefully not to lost in the moment, or just so focused on not hurting myself that I'm not even able to swing! I an actually nervous in anticipation, well time will tell. Tuesday is the lucky day and hopefully night for me. Will keep you posted...............:heehee:
 
You are doing so well @GaRosehippy

When I was in outpatient PT, they told us they had the 'embarrassing' slides coming up at our next session. Now of course they told our group, because we had been wildly discussing who had and who hadn't gotten back in the saddle...so to speak:snork:

It all started when one of the ladies who had had a TKR, was telling us the story about her husband asking when she would be up for a kiss and cuddle and a bit more. Her reply was her knee was sore to which he replied, that he wasn't interested in her knee!!!! :rotfl::loll::heehee:

Well then It was on for young and old!!!! The jokes, the laughter and the innuendos. When the exciting slides were displayed we were all so disappointed. Especially me the hippy!!!! I mean it doesn't really affect the knee too much. I told her she needed to add actual facts and positions etc to give more info to the slides. She was so sweet and actually came over and did a one of one little presentation for me!!!! it even went though the best positions etc. i didn't have the heart to tell her that I had done all my own research (it's covered quite well here on BS) and I'd already practised a few times too:wink::wink::wink:

When I left I gave her a little box of choccies (I gave a big box for the team) and a card to say I appreciated her extra effort!!!!

Good luck for Tuesday....are we expecting a full report??????:heehee:
 
Grrrrrrr. I had wrong day for appointment. Not til Wednesday! Sleepless night arranging for work cover and ride only to do over on Wednesday. Stupid.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
:rofsign: Oh I'm sure you'll be just fine when the secret code word gets activated! As I have no hubby, SO, cuddle buddy or Friend with Benefits I haven't tried that yet. But before my BTHR I went for a routine GYN exam and the nurse practitioner who did the exam had a very hard time getting it done since my hips were fused and could not *ahem* assume the position. When I went in again the next year there was no problem at all and the NP was very impressed with the range of motion of my darling hips (aka Hunky and Dory) :) :yahoo:
 
@djklaugh ....Funny, love the names, Hunky and Dory, I will have to borrow that idea and think of something cute, like Rock and Roll!
@Me2 .....How frustrating that was, now you have to wait till Wed. think of some more questions!!
@MajorHeidi ......You would not believe the stories those older ladies have! OMG they are amazing and a hoot, we have had one or two laughing so hard just about peed their pants! Me TOO! With age comes lots of experience and they are not shy about sharing. Listen to this story.....lady was in the nursing home, had just one leg, she was asked what had happened and she said that she was caught in a compromising position when the guys wife came home and she got shot and that was how she lost it! Stories about rubbing bald heads, (really men with no hair on their heads), I have an 83 year old senior and he loves getting his head rubbed, them ladies just cackle since it is a "ladies joke". If you want any sexual questions answered they certainly can. I love my job!!! On another note got the bill from the hospital to be paid upon receipt............$284,699.18 that DOES NOT include the surgeon which was $15,000.00! Now I haven't gotten anything from Blue Cross Blue Shield, it was pre-approved, so I am just sitting back waiting for the new numbers to come in. Good thing there isn't anything wrong with my heart or I wouldn't be writing this! AND they wonder what is wrong with the system REALLY!
 
@Vetgirl .....I can not wait to get back in the saddle, it will be interesting to say the least, just waiting to see what the OS has to say tomorrow as to if I can starting tomorrow night! Fingers crossed, YIPPEE KI YI YEAH, I promised my DH that I wouldn't use spurs! I can't wait to try these $300,000.00 hips out, they better be worth the money and pivot as good as they claim them too!
 
@MajorHeidi .....I wish I had a swing, lot less work on my end!!! I just shared on @Plumberbutt that I was too tuckered out to swing or get in the saddle tonight! Long day, rain, drove 100 miles, worked and still have my cold....the OS said that was definitely an energy drainer.....I agree!
Love you Claire
 
Here is my xray from 4-15-14, that funny image in between my legs is a rubber ball with a magnet in the middle that they make you squeeze while they do the xray. Do not know the exact reason other then a certain position of the hips while squeezing the ball!

[Bonesmart.org] Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes.........My OS autographed my xrays also, made it easy on him before the surgery, he didn't have to sign or ask me which hip as he was doing both! So glad I did both at the same time, done and over with!
 
@GaRosehippy Just dropping by to say hi and tell you how amazing your recovery story is and what an inspiration you are to those still waiting on the other side. Your sense of humor and concern for other members speak volumes about the kind of person you are. Keep up the good work and keep us laughing, please:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you @Vetgirl for the compliment on my hips, very proud of them!
@teakea66 ...Thank you for your lovely thoughts and I will try to do the best I can at keeping everyone laughing!
@glmrphy .....I never thought I would be a bionic woman, but look at me now, they pivot very smoothly!:heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom